PDA

View Full Version : For all you into camo

madrona sh
05-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Sitka has a new camo pattern out. It is called Big Game Forest. Building on the success of the Optifade camo technology, They have created a forest pattern design specificaly for hunting in wooded enviroments. Now you will be invisable in the BC woods:mrgreen:.

BlacktailStalker
05-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Funny how they launch a new pattern every year so they can raise the prices again and again though.
I like Sitka gear but its getting to be a joke, one of those companys who would rather make more money off less sales, not an "average consumer" friendly company...

Looks good, I'll probably buy some :lol:

SR80
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
is it really worth the price though? Ive looked at it lots, but cant come imagine paying that much for a jacket or pants. Its really nice stuff though, but dont see why its so expensive.

spear
05-08-2010, 11:01 PM
camofire.com

pants and jacket under 250.00

igojuone
05-09-2010, 08:27 AM
What happened to the days of wool jackets and pants, were the hunters of yesterday not successful? Did they all starve to death in the woods? I've got some camo gear but it's just the denim stuff from Mark's Work Wear, that and a little water proofing and I'm done.

DGuest
05-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I am curious to know what you use to waterproof your denim, I have been thinking of doing something to my Carharts, just didn't know what product to use.

igojuone
05-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Carharts are what I have, I've just been using a silicone spray but am looking to try something else. I saw on another post on this site the mention of someone rubbing something on. I'll look for it see if I can find it.

MikeH
05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
A lot of guys now have to wear fancy shit, act like im an upper class hunter,they probably wear sweater vest's too!basic colours are fine I like wearing olive grab and Gortex when its rainy.

Allen50
05-09-2010, 03:45 PM
no pic of this new camo on here, or is it just that good of camo that i can't see it,, just woundering..

Mr. Friendly
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I plan on buying myself a nice heavy wool orange/red/black plaid coat, some nice wool pants and long underwear and stick with that. it's worked for generations before me...should work for generations around me! that and I'm too fat for most things that are camo LOL!

Gilmore
05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I never used to wear camo but over the past 10 years the majority of most good fabrics for hunting are in 1 color...camo. Go for a ten day sheep hunt with only one pair of Carharts and you'll see what I mean. Whatever, I don't judge a hunter by the color of his clothes, I like to judge them by the soles of their boots.

shadow1982
05-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I thought Bears and Dears are are color blind? Is that not true..

MichelD
05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I think Cabela's could make a killing on a new "Ford F250 interior" camo design so that most hunters could blend in better with their natural surroundings.:wink:

"Dodge Ram 1500 interior" could be a big seller too.

Dadawa70
05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!
Awesome MichelD. :-D

krr
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago I hid behind my idling Freightliner, wearing my bright yellow high vis hoodie to do my stuff the same way the bears do. While doing this a two point buck snuck up to about 15' behind me, scared the hell out of me! Also convinced me that I won't be investing in camo this year like I was planning on.

betteroffishing
05-10-2010, 06:55 PM
i like to stick to wool with layers and rain gear in my pack . keeps me cool when its hot , and warm when its freezing.

dutchie
05-14-2010, 11:23 AM
it is funny... the Camo patterns out there are actually not that great. If you want to blend in, the Sitka gear is designed so you are almost invisible in a particular hunting environment. There is alot of R and D that goes into Sitka gear but really I do not think that it is worth the money.

Predator Camo is by far the best to blend in, but really, plaid is just as good. Predators have almost the best eye sight out any of the animals, so you have to blend in

All you want is to break up your silhouette and because of the different lines and directions of the plaid your silhouette is broken up better then your "Mossy Oak" crapola.

Dutchie

todbartell
05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
expect a big price drop in Canada for Sitka gear in the 2nd half of 2010. 90% jacket for $250, instead of $399

Muledeerjohn
05-14-2010, 05:24 PM
i bought some no name early fall camo but i tend to stick to blue jeans, a sweater and a plad jacket lol. works fine for me that and some scent control spray and wafers. good enough