PDA

View Full Version : My New Spoil Me Item

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Just had to show this off, my new custom made knife by HBC's very own Blacklab! I have waited my whole life to buy something like this, always dreamed of doing it and always found some reason not to, shoulda, coulda, but always didn't. I am like a kid with his first pet, love to look at it and play with it... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://d3ywpg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1phIhfKQvFLaHIryJdsTPJiITGjBNC7CU_pxe-Ie9daAAMKytpmGg0Tj0lBxUJWvbFEwCQRny1WGBLi8umovH8gM RgYOH98rFJ/Knife1.jpg

Personal Knife, ATS34 to RC59 with Stabilized Maple handle and Stone Sheep spacer.

Already have no more hair on my left hand from playing at shaving, can't wait to put it to use on my next hunting target...:-D:mrgreen:

quadrakid
05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
A thing of beauty!

Shooter
05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Thats a beauty. Good call on picking that one up.

peashooter
05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
thats one sexy knife. good find.

killman
05-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Very nice! Now put it away before you cut your finger off.

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Thats a gorgeous knife, if you dont mind, how much ?

henderson
05-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I like it a lot! I just got a handmade knife too one my grandfather made before he passed. Not that pretty I'll admit

Johnnybear
05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
That a beauty for sure. "You deserve it". If you did or not.......... that is what I would have said to myself:-D

WaterSkeeter
05-06-2010, 09:28 PM
wow that is one beautiful knife!!!

The Hermit
05-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Sweet knife!

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys! Every time I pick it up, I am just thinking how lucky I am to have something so functional that looks so good too. The balance is amazing, I think I need to run up to Pemby and help Gilmore skin his bear!

Johnnybear
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys! Every time I pick it up, I am just thinking how lucky I am to have something so functional that looks so good too. The balance is amazing, I think I need to run up to Pemby and help Gilmore skin his bear!

That's the spirit:-D.

Kody94
05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Just had to show this off, my new custom made knife by HBC's very own Blacklab! I have waited my whole life to buy something like this, always dreamed of doing it and always found some reason not to, shoulda, coulda, but always didn't. I am like a kid with his first pet, love to look at it and play with it...

http://d3ywpg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1phIhfKQvFLaHIryJdsTPJiITGjBNC7CU_pxe-Ie9daAAMKytpmGg0Tj0lBxUJWvbFEwCQRny1WGBLi8umovH8gM RgYOH98rFJ/Knife1.jpg

Personal Knife, ATS34 to RC59 with Stabilized Maple handle and Stone Sheep spacer.

Already have no more hair on my left hand from playing at shaving, can't wait to put it to use on my next hunting target...

Boy howdy, that's a beaut! I didn't realize who Blacklab was. You certainly did treat yourself. Good for you! http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

I too treated myself recently....at the BCWF fundraiser last week. I believe it was the Williams LK Sportsmen's Ass'n that donated a Marty Beets knife (although it may have been BCWF Reg 5, or even Marty himself that donated it, I'm not sure). Anyway, I couldn't resist...it is a Cariboo Classic with stabilized green maple handle and a sheep spacer. Real eye candy and a nice fit with my hand. Its obvious that Marty learned his craft with significant influence from Blacklab! Apparently the folks at the banquet had no idea what it was worth, as bidding stopped well below where I though it would. ;) It is now a welcome (and treasured) addition to my small collection of custom knives.

DCURR
05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
a true work of art!you have great taste in fine steel, enjoy!!