PDA

View Full Version : salvaged scope

hardnocks
05-06-2010, 06:15 PM
i pulled a elite 4200 out of the garbage . it was bent at the front mount anyway i made some wooden blocks and straighten it with a press. looks perfect to me .

do you think it will zero ??

betteroffishing
05-06-2010, 06:18 PM
i think its worth the 40 dollars of ammo to find out. good find , if its viable.

d6dan
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I think you should send it back for warranty and get a new one.

hardnocks
05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Thats why it was in the garbage bushnell already sent it back ...no warrenty. If i can`t get it on with the boresighter i will give it to my grandson to play with.

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
looks perfect to me .

do you think it will zero ??

I think you should post pics so we can see your treasure....

d6dan
05-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Thats why it was in the garbage bushnell already sent it back ...no warrenty. If i can`t get it on with the boresighter i will give it to my grandson to play with.

Too bad, bummer..:cry:

Mik
05-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Not worth chancin' it. Give it to your grandson mounted on a wooden rifle!

peashooter
05-06-2010, 07:35 PM
no. nice "telescope" for the boy to play with though.

landphil
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM

If it now looks perfect as you say, send it in again. If there is no evidence of abuse, it's hard to call it abuse. :wink:

WaterSkeeter
05-06-2010, 09:29 PM
If it now looks perfect as you say, send it in again. If there is no evidence of abuse, it's hard to call it abuse. :wink:

lol thats a good idea, iv pulled that off before so it might not hurt to try:twisted:

Muledeerjohn
05-15-2010, 10:54 PM
hope it works. buddy of mine was givin a 52 inch tv that didnt work. buggar took it back to costco with no receipt. told the lady that him and his girlfriend split and the tv died shortly after on him so he had no receipt. guess what costco did.........
GAVE HIM A FREAKN NEW ONE!!!

Gateholio
05-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't put it on a hunting rifle...maybe a 22 you use at the range.

todbartell
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
hope it works. buddy of mine was givin a 52 inch tv that didnt work. buggar took it back to costco with no receipt. told the lady that him and his girlfriend split and the tv died shortly after on him so he had no receipt. guess what costco did.........
GAVE HIM A FREAKN NEW ONE!!!

good to know there's a few good honest men around still

Bow Walker
05-16-2010, 09:22 AM
to the people advising that he take it in for a warranty replacement -

May you need warranty work someday, and may the warranty provider have read and remembered this thread.

This thread ought to be deleted just for advising illegal activities.

huntcoop
05-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Are u not a mod?

hardnocks
05-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I put it on a 17 remington. so far it seems to be great. Don`t really matter if i miss a gopher .

And no i will not send it away again.

Thats kinda part of job is doing warrenties

Bow Walker
05-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Are u not a mod?

I'm just a "mini-mod", no "powers" here.

Mik
05-16-2010, 10:25 AM
to the people advising that he take it in for a warranty replacement -

May you need warranty work someday, and may the warranty provider have read and remembered this thread.

Sooooooo, your scope is bent and you try to straighten it, then send it in for REPAIR, bushnell will know if its been abused(there not stupid) and will then say yay or nay to the warranty OR "we can repair it for "this much $$"...........whats so illegal about that?:razz:

BiG Boar
05-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Even if it was new and I found it I wouldnt put a bushnell on a gun of mine. I'd rather tear duct tape off my butt crack. Sorry to all the people who were sold bushies....

Bow Walker
05-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Sooooooo, your scope is bent and you try to straighten it, then send it in for REPAIR, bushnell will know if its been abused(there not stupid) and will then say yay or nay to the warranty OR "we can repair it for "this much $$"...........whats so illegal about that?:razz:
If it's YOUR scope (as in; you actually bought it - not "found" it in the garbage) then you are entitled to full warranty.

If you're trying to scam/bamboozle/weasel some warranty work or replacement from a company, then my statement(s) stand and I stand by my statement(s)....and no, I haven't tried to scam/bamboozle/weasel some warranty work or replacement from a company.

Sunzuki
05-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Do they not come stamped with serial numbers?
Each scope has their own number and of course Bushnell has it
recorded if it has been sent in previously.
I have most Bushnell scopes, some have been sent in and I have had nothing but good luck with their products.
Don't poke the devil.