PDA

View Full Version : Eastman's Hunting Journal

pitbell
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Congrats to HBC members ThinAir & Skyline for making the front cover. One of the best sheep hunt stories I've ever read. Ram of a lifetime guys. Now I REALLY can't wait for Aug 1st.

bayou
05-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Yes sounds like quit the adventure, congrats to all 3 of you.

358mag
05-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Congrats to HBC members ThinAir & Skyline for making the front cover. One of the best sheep hunt stories I've ever read. Ram of a lifetime guys. Now I REALLY can't wait for Aug 1st.
Were you getting your Eastman mag from ?? hard to find in the South Okanagan

killman
05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Which issue? Trying to find the cover pic on line.

Ambush
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Which issue? Trying to find the cover pic on line.
You can't get one in PG, 'cause they bought them all up.:mrgreen:

6 K
05-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Congrats boys!
I was just woundering about what ever became of that just yesterday.

killman
05-04-2010, 09:04 PM
You can't get one in PG, 'cause they bought them all up.:mrgreen:

Ha ha, I found it! Great Story and pics guy's congrats!

Fishnutz
05-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats guy's. Can't wait to read it.(if I can find it):grin:

BCbillies
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Were you getting your Eastman mag from ?? hard to find in the South Okanagan

The April/May 2010 Sheep Issue at a Save On Foods store near you. Hopefully it comes in the truck tomorrow and on the shelf by Thursday . . . they're getting tired of me coming in and out of the store with no purchases! Heard the story firsthand from the boys but want to read the printed version. IT'S A DANDY!

300wsmXboltKiller
05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
going to look at save on today and tommorow in the hart congrats guys :) hope to read your story soon

pitbell
05-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Subscribers will have it but it won't be on the shelves for a few days I think.

300wsmXboltKiller
05-05-2010, 07:00 AM
kk thnx ill still be looking lol if not ill need some reading material anyway may canada outdoors

gerrygoat
05-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Congrats boys, hope you will still talk to the rest of us ;)

Looking forward to reading the issue.

358mag
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
The April/May 2010 Sheep Issue at a Save On Foods store near you. Hopefully it comes in the truck tomorrow and on the shelf by Thursday . . . they're getting tired of me coming in and out of the store with no purchases! Heard the story firsthand from the boys but want to read the printed version. IT'S A DANDY!
Thks time for a road trip

Tenacious Billy
05-06-2010, 09:56 AM

X2 BCB - I can't wait to see the story in print as well - It's a doozy!

Krico
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'll be picking up an issue too, will be interesting to read the "edited" version of the story! Though I will say that the pictures, as impressive as they are, do not do the ram justice...having had the fortune to hold them in my hands and check them out in person. Congrats again boys on a truly awesome ram!!!

Ambush
05-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Between your Dad's ram and your story, I can see why you guys got chosen for the front cover!!

Thanks for dropping off a copy. I probably had most of the story read, for the first time, before you even got back to your shop:-D. Read it again tonight.

Great story, great ram and a great hunt. Not a bad "trinket" for your efforts either.

Congratulations to all three of you.

whitetailsheds
05-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Is this just being released? April/May? hmmmm....looking around I can only find a Trophy Mule Deer issue of Eastman's.....

Krico
05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Only those with a subscription have it at this point - has not hit the newsstand yet.

ThinAir
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I've had a few guys ask about the mag- I guess it won't be on newstands....they say not every issue is a newstand issue.

Anyways... hope this link works. This hunt was the highlight of my hunting career.

http://eastmans.com/magazine/ehj/118/a-ram-for-dad/

srupp
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh my _______________!!!!! What a tremendous story, extremely well written a cranker of a ram for sure..and to do that for your DAD...inspiring..quite the emotional roller coaster..thank you for sharing.

Steven

luckynuts
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Daryl,
An absouletly amazing story. Much better than the shortened version I received last fall:mrgreen:. A huge congrats to your dad and to you both for getting him back in there and making it happen, especially with all that nasty weather we received. Wow my blood is pumping and the mountains are calling, again great story, Great Ram . How I cannot wait for fall.

W.

Jetboater
06-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Awesome story....

TSW
06-03-2010, 11:25 AM
There is no one that I know that deserves that ram more than your dad. That story is unbelievable, very well written! (I laughed, I cried...I lived vicariously!)
I was going to wait to read the story until I had it in my hand, but I couldn't resist! Couldn't have happened to better guys! I look forward to seeing that beast on your dad's wall!!
Oh, and by the way, as I look at the picture of you guys with your loaded packs, I must say, it was nice of you to carry 3/4 of the load yourself!!

Wild Images
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
One of the nicest looking Stones I have seen, Good on you guys to fill a dream. Hunting with your dad is something that should not be overlooked as many realize only when it is to late.
Congrates to your dad on a fine ram taken with the two best partners a father could have !

BCbillies
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I am speachless . . . that is an epic sheep hunt! Great story, photos, ram and determination. By far the best read I've had in a very long time!

Kody94
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I've had a few guys ask about the mag- I guess it won't be on newstands....they say not every issue is a newstand issue.

Anyways... hope this link works. This hunt was the highlight of my hunting career.

http://eastmans.com/magazine/ehj/118/a-ram-for-dad/

Awesome story! Awesom RAM!! Congrats and thank's for sharing!

The story is kinda like listenting to "Cats in the Cradle" for me....I'm a Chris and my younger bro' is a Daryl! And our Pa's hunting adventures when I was a kid was the major factor in it being my passion to this day. Would love to get him out for a Stone Sheep, but at 63 I don't think he's into it enough to get in "sheep shape". Hopefully we can get him one more "Cranker" Moose!

budismyhorse
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Hey congrats ThinAir.

I read that story awhile ago and wondered whether or not you were a member.....

That is a story dreams are made of.....I can only wish to get my old man a ram like that!

....great demonstration of ethics throughout the story as well......nice to see it in print for other hunters to read.

BCrams
06-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Fantastic story!! I know the feeling about getting "Dad" a ram!! Good job.

blackbart
06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Good work to all three family members. Very nice looking ram and a well written story.

Any good deals in the future on all of Dad's new high end hunting gear??? Just kidding!

yama49
06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
truely amazing adventure, congrats on a trip of a lifetime.....

358mag
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Subscribers will have it but it won't be on the shelves for a few days I think.
Talk to the folks at Eastmans and the Sheep Annual is only for Subscribers not going to be on the store shelves

Stone Sheep Steve
06-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Finally got time to sit down and read the story.
Porbably one of the best I've ever read!! It had everything including an awesome ram, top notch pictures, last second success and of, course, the reasons for the hunt!

Congrats!

SSS

Krico
06-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Talk to the folks at Eastmans and the Sheep Annual is only for Subscribers not going to be on the store shelves

If you call them copies are available for $5

Caribou_lou
06-05-2010, 12:41 PM
That was a great read. Would love to have this experience this upcoming August!

06-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Thanks for posting, great story and photos! Awesome memories built right there!

whitetailsheds
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Thank you ThinAir for providing the link, great story and great ram. Congrats!
Any chance of posting the photos in the story here on HBC (a little larger and easier to drool over)?