PDA

View Full Version : My 1st spring bear this year

bc_buckshot
05-04-2010, 10:17 AM
After having a short argument with the wife I told her "I'm going out hunting be back later". So I left around 10:30 and headed to my uncles and we went to find some bears. We drove for a 2 hours and went to our spot (TIM-BUCK-TOO) and sat there for about 45 mins. It was raining a bit and I was thinking they won't be out but my uncle who has been hunting since he was 15 said "well they have to eat you never know".So we sat on top of a slid looking down about 200 yards just looking. All of a sudden on the right in between a buch of little trees out came slowly a nice size bear.My heart was jumping and the rush was on. It was game time so I layed down and waited for a clean shot. Well the sucker decided to turn away and I though oh boy he is getting futher and I think I'm going to pass. Now the bear decided to stop and sit on his butt and eat around him. I got "betty"( Browning 7mm-08) nice and still and the cross hairs on his shoulders. BOOM and there goes the bear. It ran and went around the corner and gone. I though I missed and there goes the day. So it took us 45 min to walk down the slide and we got there and no sign of bear or blood. A little upset and more looking for and blood and nothing. So then we started to walk up the other side and into 20 mins of our climb to the right about 10 feet away from us in the thick bush was this 5' 2" bear on its side. I gave out the biggest yell and I sat for a moment and looked at it. Its not a huge bear but the hide was perfect. It will make a beautiful rug, and a great memory. I will try to post a pic, but the other pics of us I have of skinning it I wont post out of respect. if you want to see PM me. Thanks

peashooter
05-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Nice work. Pm me some more pics please.

BigBanger
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Good job man. Nice looking blackie.

Steeleco
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice going, is the Mrs talking to you now? LOL BTW we need bigger pictures my friend!!!! Attachments should be outlawed!!

Congrats

05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Nice work!
It looks like it has a nice hide on it.

leadpillproductions
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
congrads nice lookin bear

300wsmXboltKiller
05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
good thing you got the smaller bear lol 200 yards downhill taking 45 minutes would have taken 5-8 hours to pack a big guy out :)

bc_buckshot
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah im glad he wasn't any bigger to pack out. I'm still feeling the effects of it, but worth it

Tikka270wsm
05-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Ideal meat bear. Congrats!

OutWest
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Congrats on the blacky! Seems like there's a decent number of hunters having success this Spring.