PDA

View Full Version : Early Bears

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2010, 11:22 AM
so last evening I went out to place that I figured the bears should be hopping ...but there is a bit of snow left in some spots, So I think I am about a week premature .. at any rate we seen 3 bear, One small one and 2 potential shooters .... all 3 however seemed pretty skittery, the second bear we encountered I didnt get a good look at as it took off into the thick brush in a hurry as soon as it seen us ..... the third one was a nice Brown (almost chestnut) But wouldnt give me a shot with my bow , the brush was so thick I couldnt get into it and draw and took 2 steps into it , (snap snap crack), I suppose if I had my rifle ready to go I coulda taken a shot but it was always 1/4rd towards us

so try try again ... I will be looking for that Brown guy again, It was a mature bear for certain but its tough to estimate the size on springs I find.

I love this time of year

ROEBUCK
05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
It Is Tough To Judge Bears!

But When You See A Bigun You Know Straight Away!!

thetackdriver
05-02-2010, 02:24 PM
That 3rd bear was a beautiful bear and I doubt he will go far Mike. He would look good on your floor so you better get back on him!!!

Ambush
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
You could tell me where the brown one is and that would give you more time to look for something better.:mrgreen:

killman
05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
You could tell me where the brown one is and that would give you more time to look for something better.:mrgreen:

Then you can show me how to getter done with at bow!:mrgreen:

Ambush
05-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Then you can show me how to getter done with at bow!:mrgreen:
And we'll video it and beat the Pemby Crew to the red carpet!!

killman
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL awesome! I hope you don't mind if I pack. I'm kind of scared of Bears:mrgreen:

Ambush
05-02-2010, 04:43 PM
LOL awesome! I hope you don't mind if I pack. I'm kind of scared of Bears:mrgreen:
Me to. But that's the part I like!

C'mon Mikey, spill it, so Killman and I can become famous HBC celebs. It'll be good for our developement as sportsmen.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Rod ... I seen a nice one about 2 miles directly behind your house when I was walkin my hound ..... not far from a nice lil pond and a covered place to pic-nic

Ambush
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Rod ... I seen a nice one about 2 miles directly behind your house when I was walkin my hound ..... not far from a nice lil pond and a covered place to pic-nic
Shane Lake. My wife and I run up past UNBC and then through FFTW. She hates bears [we've had incidents] and with the green shoots coming up along the trails, she's already nervous. Thanks for the heads up, it gives me a chance to lie about it.:-D

The Dawg
05-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I was out on Sunday, saw a sow and 2 cubs, as well as a nice 5ft or so...then a HUGE (close to 7ft easy I'd guess) one...behind a fence on private land :(

thetackdriver
05-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Went out again tonight and seen one more bringing this weeks total to 19 bears! Some respectable bears but nothing really big yet

killman
05-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Shane Lake. My wife and I run up past UNBC and then through FFTW. She hates bears [we've had incidents] and with the green shoots coming up along the trails, she's already nervous. Thanks for the heads up, it gives me a chance to lie about it.:-D

What a great name for a Lake.:mrgreen: