PDA

View Full Version : Gwillam Lake area?

bear buster
04-30-2010, 11:45 PM
going to take a tour out by Gwillam/Moose lake area in the am with the kids, just wondering if anyone hunts out that way with much success? Done alot of hunting between Dawson and Tumbler not too much out between Tumbler and Chetwynd. Kids are pumped to go see some new area, and the chance of seeing a grizz or 2. Good luck to those of you going after big ol bears this weekend.

MOOSE MILK
05-01-2010, 12:18 AM
I have hunted the area before there was a Tumbler Ridge, just a cart trail in to Gwillam Lake. I havent been back for about 5 years. Lots of griz. Take the road towards Bull Moose mine, check out the power lines, road follows a creek check it out specialy at the large beaver dam. Good luck

CanuckShooter
05-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Take the road to the west just before the Gwillum lake turn off, seen elk crossing the power line, further up in the old cuts saw some big white tails and near the top bull moose. You cross out of the park boundary on the way up the hill.

The Smokehouse road is interesting also.....:-D lots of road up there to explore. We found some trails off sh road with homebult treestands, saw some big bull moose but were looking for elk.

leadpillproductions
05-01-2010, 02:24 PM
never heard of the smokehouse rd where is that

CanuckShooter
05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Between Gwillum and Tumbler Ridge heads west.