PDA

View Full Version : Bouchie Lake hunting?

huntinnewbie
04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Whats the hunting like up around Bouchie Lake area. I saw some neat property for sale in the area but have never been there.

KB90
04-30-2010, 06:47 PM
do you mean in quesnel?

If so the lake and area is fairly populated, it's kind of a little community out there. General store, outdoor rink, ball fields.

The fishing in the lake in spring and summer is AWESOME. Hunting can be done reasonably close within 10-15 minutes, milburn mountain is great for deer, blackwater road is very close. You are also in some awesome moose country if you head out towards nazko.

Also the shooting range is within 10 minutes. It's a nice area.

Camp Cook
04-30-2010, 08:52 PM
We're looking to move up there as well actually leaving Sunday to go check it out...

Timbow
04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Ahhhh, my neck of the woods. Great little area. Been living in the area for seven years and wife and kids love it. Lots of friendly people and wildlife including moose, mule and whitetail deer and bears. Very peaceful.

As for hunting....well you'll have to find out yourself :).

Cheers.

curt
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
where is it exactly i have never heard of it.......... close to?????

KB90
04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Quesnel :)

Drillbit
04-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice spot, but make sure you can put up with the neighbors before buying anything.

If you don't believe me, I know of a spot @ Hayhill Rd for sale.

Great area, getting to be a lot of guys moving up from the coast to retire.

huntinnewbie
05-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Nice spot, but make sure you can put up with the neighbors before buying anything.

If you don't believe me, I know of a spot @ Hayhill Rd for sale.

Great area, getting to be a lot of guys moving up from the coast to retire.

Can you be more specific? Whats wrong with the neighbors, reservation? prison? nudist colony? religious fanatics? what gives?

KB90
05-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Some people up there can be a little redneck, loud, messy yards, dirtbikes and quads rippin down your road etc.

huntinnewbie
05-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Some people up there can be a little redneck, loud, messy yards, dirtbikes and quads rippin down your road etc.
Sounds like my kinda people,lol

moosinaround
05-01-2010, 07:48 AM
A "Little redneck"?? There's a banjo as a welcome sign on the outskirts of Bouchie Lake!! :wink: Moosin

huntinnewbie
05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Here's a link to the property that caught my eye. Any locals on here that can tell me what I need to know about it?

http://landquest.com/detailmain.asp?prop=10192&curpage=1&search=newlist (http://landquest.com/detailmain.asp?prop=10192&curpage=1&search=newlist)

Chuck
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Y'all won't remember Frank no doubt. Now there was a pioneer for sure. What about his little buddy Willie, now there was a bronc busting, bottle killing character. Lol.:)

KB90
05-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Tibbles lake is a fair ways past Bouchie lake, and it is a lot more rural. Nice area lots of bug kill though. It's 30+ minutes out of Quesnel.

Timbow
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
haha...pretty much nailed it on the nose, I mean about the generalization of the residents of Quesnel. :mrgreen:

Tibbles Lake, well that's another ballgame.

LYKTOHUNT
05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Can you be more specific? Whats wrong with the neighbors, reservation? prison? nudist colony? religious fanatics? what gives?
All of the above it,s going to be great to have some new kinfolk in the area,especially if you can play the banjo real good.:)

hillclimber
05-01-2010, 09:25 PM
this area sounds a little bit like this by the sounds of it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Drillbit
05-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry for the slow reply.

Yeah, Bouchie being a bit redneck is about right. Tibbles is a whole different ball game though.
Nice out there. Either neighbors are nice, or you won't see them because they're tending to their "crops". Lots of wolves, bears to hunt, moose is LEH. I don't know about deer, I never see any, but there might be some good areas. Miles of ATV and Skidoo trails that connect with the whole country, Not allowed to use an ATV for hunting though. Also the road is 1/4 mile single projectile. Also excellent fishing.
That is a great snowmobileing spot, so don't be surprized if guys are always passing through on trails they've been using for years. (up the creek).

Cheers, PM if you want more info

gunsight
05-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Y'all won't remember Frank no doubt. Now there was a pioneer for sure. What about his little buddy Willie, now there was a bronc busting, bottle killing character. Lol.:)
frank was quite the guy i remember him doing cart wheels down the street and trying to get this glove that was froze in the side of the road.he used to go to the police station christmas eve to see what was the meal for christmas if it was what he thought was good he would get himself into enough trouble to spend the night and get a free meal.it was said that once he went to the doctors office on a monday morning to see the doctor when he was asked by the rec.what she could do for him he said he was their to see the doctor she told him his appointment wasn't until friday he said that was o.k. he would wait.it was winter and cold outside.

gotama
07-13-2010, 05:50 PM
hello all here- i have been living here for 4 years now and ill put up with a few banjo players rather then the fruit cakes down in vancouver anyday!..i love it here ..i grew up in northern ontario and moved out west when i was 10 yo..living here is like reliving my childhood..if anything the jw's are bad but all you have to do is have the maple leaf in your front yard and they leave you alone!

im wondering now that the bouchie lake is almost done for the summer (fish are getting muddy) if any one knows a way to get to milburne mountain from just off norwood?..i see a trail on google earth..went on it today in fact and i guess the property owner at the end of the lake has put up a fence and you cant access it accept by the side of nazco hwy..prob there is its muddy as heck and i got stuck on my quad..i dont want to go on the road as it would be my luck to get caught by the cops..it would be nice to access milburn for hunting this fall instead of driving up the blackwater road..im allowed to hunt from my quad as im disabled and can shoot from it..(i got a permit to do so)
jon

gotama
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
just found this..looks pretty old though..good detail...i think i see where i was where there mite be a trail..have to go investigate again!
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlMT1ib3VjaGllK2xha2UmYmI9NjUuMjYwNzI4ODMwN DAzMiU3ZS04Mi40MjgxOTk3NjglN2UzOC4zNDkxOTM4MTU0MTA xJTdlLTE2My4xMTE3OTM1MTg=

madrona sh
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Lived there in the early eighty's. Got shot at walking down the road.They got my dog but I made it out alive. I could here the bullets in the air before the report of the gun. 22 cal. Was sure a rotten place back then. I wouldn't live there again.

sparkes3
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
did you shoot back

madrona sh
07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
No I was 13 and walking home for dinner with the dog on leash.

oldtimer
07-14-2010, 05:38 AM
To advertise this as Bouchie Lake area is false advertising! It is a good 40 min. past Bouchie.Very Rural, lots of logging truck traffic during the winter. Great hunting and snowmobiling. Closer to Nazko than to Quesnel I think. Mike