PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel lake

EvanG
04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
I am thinking about taking the aluminum boat out to quesnel lake to try and catch my first lake trout this weekend, thinking about putting in at either winkley creek or cedar point and trolling around an apex. Anyone have any tips or pointers?

Thanks
Evan

bforce750
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Spoons work very well.....five of daimonds,green,apex's behing laerge willows leafs.Anything with geern or trout patterns.Or if you like flyfishing,purple leech patterns can catch some BIG rainbows ,good luck.

cariboobill
05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Hello:

Better to put the boat in at Mitchell Bay as it is a good road to the lake from Horsefly and there is a good boat launch/safe place to park your vehicle or camp or rent a cabin. Other option is the Foresty camp site just down from the Mitchell Bay resort to camp/launch from.

While specific Apex work great, you need to drag them deep. Take a fish finder to locate the fish at depth. I use Apex from 3" to 6". I think the pattern is called "Rainbow" Pink/green with black dots top side and silver under side. Down riggers work best for trolling deep.

Be aware this lake is huge and offers little safe harbour is the wind kicks up. Be prepared there are few boats and people around to help in case of an emergency. Don at the Mitchell Bay Resort and Pluto Island monitor VHF marine radio. Good to have one with you.

CB