PDA

View Full Version : FOLLOW THE HUGE BEAR HUNT..Pemby style..

Pages : [1] 2

proguide66
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Gilmore excitedly called today for his personal camera man ( ME:mrgreen:) to come along on the 3rd season of trying to arrow a big boar on his 'back 40'
Jumped in gilmores truck and off we went.The big boar was yet AGAIN doing his seasonal 'routine'.
We scurried along the back edge of a field to hopefully have a face to face collison with the brute.
All went 'perfect' to only have the bear decide to go straight instead of his usual 'right' and safely lumber past at around 65 yards...:icon_frow...the saga contiunes!!...you guys guess the length er even 'weight' of the spud eater!!:wink:
Will try to make this a video hunt for all to follow...

the bear is 'just ' in sight and comes near'r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9150_Dy80o&layer_token=b3b0f48bd7f0e037

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVucY8PUMmU&layer_token=23afb315801d6fc3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QMuF8ROkM&layer_token=138e4271ab29c65f

narrowly becoming a rug and sausages....THIS TIME !!:twisted:...We'll get im !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTGAxdBUowg&layer_token=dd910872cac6d5e5

kennyj
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Some good footage there.Looks pretty big to me.Hope he gets him.
kenny

Pioneerman
04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Nice footage and decent bear too. Next time we want to see the kill video :-)

landphil
04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
you guys guess the length er even 'weight' of the spud eater!!:wink:

I'm gonna guess 225 lbs and 5'11", unless you are referring to the bear.:mrgreen:

sparkes3
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
try a predator call to see if you can get him closer

Jelvis
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Head isn't that big tho right? Not a huge pumpy kin. Good eater for sure.

BlacktailStalker
04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Solid 7' bear and 400lbs. Hope you guys get him.
Big blackies get that extended neck like a polar bear, his body shivers when he walks like Rosie ODonnel coming to an abrupt halt.
Make sure you just post a pic of his tail and with a beer can for reference and tell us he's 587lbs. We'll believe you.

Skull size doesnt mean shit on any bear or cat.

proguide66
04-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Solid 7' bear and 400lbs. Hope you guys get him.
Big blackies get that extended neck like a polar bear, his body shivers when he walks like Rosie ODonnel coming to an abrupt halt.
Make sure you just post a pic of his tail and with a beer can for reference and tell us he's 587lbs. We'll believe you.

Skull size doesnt mean shit on any bear or cat.

I'm goin solid 7 maybe a bumhair more...as far as the weight...du- know...never weighed one...but my 8ft'r was hell to roll over by myself...still dont know though...tummy full of spuds is hard to judge!!
Gilmore has a digital scale in the barn though....we should be able to weight the whole bugger....IF he takes a 'right' instead of the path he went today.....fingy's crossed.

proguide66
04-29-2010, 08:38 PM
try a predator call to see if you can get him closer
We were about to but then realised our beer might foam up in the call!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::shock:...like I said , PEMBY STYLE !!!:twisted:

Gilmore
04-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Boy the camera adds about 40 pounds!! I look bigger and the bear looks smaller.:mrgreen:

That was pretty cool, it's the closest I've been to this guy in the past 2 years. We have a few bears on the farm here and most of them you can drive the tractor to within 75 yds of before they even notice you. Not this guy, you even look his way and he's gone, he never runs off he just walks off just like he did on the video and you never know when you'll see him again. Its only the 2nd time I've seen him this year. He's been a pretty big bear for the past few years and he looks really big come fall time.

It's been cool watching him grow up...but all good things must come to and end...and good things end with Gatehouses' bear curry!!

Gilmore
04-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm gonna guess 225 lbs and 5'11", unless you are referring to the bear.:mrgreen:

That was about 8 years ago!!:-D

The Hermit
04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
His coat is perfect! good luck

Stone Sheep Steve
04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I'd say he'll square over 7'...maybe 7'4" or so. Weight??Like others have never had a scale handy when the hair hits the ground.
400 plus?

Good luck and keep us posted!

SSS

Ambush
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Long neck, muscle hump over his shoulders, front legs far apart, sagging belly, ripples and swaggers as he walks.

That's one of those bears you don't have to wonder if he's a shooter.

Hope you can put a hole in that one!

.308win
04-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Awesome footage guys!!! Love the hide on that thing......it just shines when the sun hits it!!!.......Just wondering.......NOT CRITICIZING.......Why do we get the videos in short segments!!??:wink:

Perry

landphil
04-29-2010, 09:36 PM
That was about 8 years ago!!:-D

LOL! Nice bear, hope you can git'er done!

kootenayelkslayer
04-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Now that's a nice, healthy bear. I'd bet money that it will take very minimal stretching to get him to go over 7ft ;)

todbartell
04-29-2010, 09:49 PM
real nice bear, and Gilmore looks as sexy as ever. Keep up the good work boys

proguide66
04-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Awesome footage guys!!! Love the hide on that thing......it just shines when the sun hits it!!!.......Just wondering.......NOT CRITICIZING.......Why do we get the videos in short segments!!??:wink:

Perry
Well , over the years I have fingured out that 'short' segments keeps the attention er makes it a little 'easier' to watch at times..until the 'big moment' anyway.....I could have filmed him through the bush until he walked out but it would take 15 minutes of non stop watching a black blob through the bush..but when he finally came out I kept it on record till we couldnt see him. As well , when you put em on youtube the longer the vid takes WAYYY longer to load....:wink:..one day when I put all my good stuff on a dvd it might be easier to edit as well??...maybe?...dunno , I'm a computor geek in the rough...:mrgreen:...just go the hang of puttin vids on the internet a couple weeks ago.....kinda fun though.:-D

.308win
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Well , over the years I have fingured out that 'short' segments keeps the attention er makes it a little 'easier' to watch at times..until the 'big moment' anyway.....I could have filmed him through the bush until he walked out but it would take 15 minutes of non stop watching a black blob through the bush..but when he finally came out I kept it on record till we couldnt see him. As well , when you put em on youtube the longer the vid takes WAYYY longer to load....:wink:..one day when I put all my good stuff on a dvd it might be easier to edit as well??...maybe?...dunno , I'm a computor geek in the rough...:mrgreen:...just go the hang of puttin vids on the internet a couple weeks ago.....kinda fun though.:-D

Cool!.....Keep it rollin!!!.....Can't wait to see how it unfolds!!!!!:wink::mrgreen:

Perry

proguide66
04-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Now that's a nice, healthy bear. I'd bet money that it will take very minimal stretching to get him to go over 7ft ;)

Gilmor has a couple tractors...we'r gonna stretch that puppy to 11 ft with em , :lol: then blacken out our faces and not tell a story:tongue::lol:...actually , I messed up putting Gilmore on here cause I think he IS WANTED by the law..:eek:

kootenayelkslayer
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Gilmor has a couple tractors...we'r gonna stretch that puppy to 11 ft with em , :lol: then blacken out our faces and not tell a story:tongue::lol:

Make sure you only take pictures of the bear's head, and then estimate it's weight at atleast 650lb!

BiG Boar
04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Those Is what I dream of when I Am in a deep sleep. My goodness that is a beast. I would have shot with the gun. That take patience.

Gateholio
04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I am bringing the KNIG tomorrow, so I can shoot that effer off Gilmore when he sticks it with one of those lil arrows!:wink:

This guy eluded us a few years ago. He has a been a oat field freeloader too long! Time to make him into curry!:mrgreen:

Johnnybear
04-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Gilmor has a couple tractors...we'r gonna stretch that puppy to 11 ft with em , then blacken out our faces and not tell a story:tongue::lol:...actually , I messed up putting Gilmore on here cause I think he IS WANTED by the law..:eek:

He's a potato farmer isn't he? It's not like he's a pig farmer:mrgreen:. How wanted can a spud farmer be (by the law that is):-D.

Cool vids Proguide. Can't wait to see the outcome if he gets within range. Get him Gilmore!!!!

Bear Chaser
04-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Nice bear. Definitely a shooter. He'd look better with a couple scrappy Blueticks hanging off him.

GoatGuy
04-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Next time have gilmore run at the bear full bore screaming like a lunatic in hopes of tree it or baying it up. Then shoot it.

That would be impressive.

rollingrock
04-30-2010, 12:24 AM
I saw this bear before. Huge...huge....but he's too smart to let you get closer let alone he only loves private property!

Gateholio
04-30-2010, 01:11 AM
I saw this bear before. Huge...huge....but he's too smart to let you get closer let alone he only loves private property!

Unless you tresspassed for a few Km's it's unlikely you have seen this bear:wink:

Probbaly saw the other big one up the valley a bit.:wink:

hunter1947
04-30-2010, 03:08 AM
This bear is a keeper for sure my guess is he is close to 7 feet in lenth or just a shade over 7 feet.

Take him if you can you won't be sorry ,very slid black..

leadpillproductions
04-30-2010, 05:52 AM
big he hit close to 500

bushpig slayer
04-30-2010, 07:09 AM
i say 6'5 395 sweet pig makes me pumped for the weekend.good luck!

Caribou_lou
04-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Looks like a beauty to me. Around 7 foot. 450 pounds. Great to see you have the patience to wait him out with the Bow. Have you ever seen this guy in the Fall. I bet he puts on a few pounds over the summer months.

proguide66
04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Theres a few pigdogs runnin around our hood as well as the rest of the valleys around here:wink:..one ate a tipless arrow at 4 yards on my porch last fall while he was walking to me on my porch to see what color my undies were:?...wait a minute , that may have been Gatehouse??:?..umm..nope , it was a big bear...anyway , he never returned and the insert in my arrow was dented..hehe..:twisted:

Darksith
04-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I see how it is guys. I say I have a brew or 2 hunting and I get flamed, but when someone puts up video and says it they get a free pass. I'll know for next time.

35 Whelen
04-30-2010, 09:19 AM
No question he is a prime shooter.... But I still think it's easier to weigh and measure him when he is lying on the ground. Gorgeous bear, you don't see many like that in a lifetime. Drop him.

rollingrock
04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
:D That was funny one time I spotted the big guy (I think it was the same one in your video by the shape of it.) from a main road from 6 or 700 meters away while driving through your valley. He was feeding on a private property along tree line. The traffic on the road was heavy, but no one noticed cuz it was getting dark and the pig was pretty far. I stopped my truck to get a better look. But as soon as I stopped the truck, he looked at me and ran! What a smart mother! I guess that's why he gets big. ;)

Gilmore
04-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I see how it is guys. I say I have a brew or 2 hunting and I get flamed, but when someone puts up video and says it they get a free pass. I'll know for next time.

Relax dark one, there were no beers going until we walked back to my truck for the 3 minute drive back across the field, hunt was over.

Archer
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
HOG!!! Hope you guys get him. I would agree with some of the previous guesses, around 400 lbs. Looking forward to future posts. Good luck!

Darksith
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Relax dark one, there were no beers going until we walked back to my truck for the 3 minute drive back across the field, hunt was over.
hey, you don't have to answer to me, I wasn't being serious. I got flamed last fall for saying something just like you said.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I'd say he definitely has got a longer body than this bear. Similar proportions but I'd give him a few inches.....and most likely a way bigger noggin.
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/StoneSheep/?action=view&current=Cap0024.flv

Have you got a name for him yet??? How about "Spudz"? That bear needs a name!:wink:

I think Gilmore should wait with his bow on one trail and Gate should wait in a tree with a spear on the other trail. Legendary status is just waiting for our mod!!:-D.....or Gilmore.

SSS

proguide66
04-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd say he definitely has got a longer body than this bear. Similar proportions but I'd give him a few inches.....and most likely a way bigger noggin.
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/StoneSheep/?action=view&current=Cap0024.flv

Have you got a name for him yet??? How about "Spudz"? That bear needs a name!:wink:

I think Gilmore should wait with his bow on one trail and Gate should wait in a tree with a spear on the other trail. Legendary status is just waiting for our mod!!:-D.....or Gilmore.

SSS
I think your right about the nog. One thing to note on a helpfull hint for a 'skull hunter' is looking at a bears head from the side....on a real big bugger you wont see his ear tips from the side profile due to them being down the sides of the skull...like Gilmores bear.

I think we should call the bear ' Chad'

Gilmore
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM

For no particular reason I've always called him Junior!

Stone Sheep Steve
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I think your right about the nog. One thing to note on a helpfull hint for a 'skull hunter' is looking at a bears head from the side....on a real big bugger you wont see his ear tips from the side profile due to them being down the sides of the skull...like Gilmores bear.

That bear in the vid was a big bugger.....but he was a total meathead.
Those coastal bears seem to be more boneheads....maybe the fish?

Looking forward to the next reports!

SSS

proguide66
04-30-2010, 02:52 PM
For no particular reason I've always called him Junior!
probably cause you more than likely fathered the damned thing!:p

proguide66
04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
fresh video en route asap!

Brambles
04-30-2010, 10:01 PM
waiting....

Shooter
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
waiting....

silvertipp
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
do you have a story to tell yet or not

BlacktailStalker
04-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Kill the brews and tell it in the a.m :cool:

proguide66
05-01-2010, 07:54 AM
computer glitch yesterday:oops:

no kill-yet- but have some 'follow along' footage to see it all come together.

The other day while looking to see where the boar went we looked up to see a sow and cub had run up a tree to get out of his way...like I would have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CE_wDDZsOI&layer_token=1ad2781985ffe2ec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX6_rYldmy4&layer_token=f6a18a65fe1284c2

but when we approached she came down!..so we backed away a bit and filmed.
Yesterday we went with rakes and branch snipers to clear a silent trail to the big boars feeding zone...the other day it was like walking on potatoe chips...we staked out sticks to different range references...now we need 'Mr. Big' to come play one-more-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkNskEWs5Nk&layer_token=7c83e2f371595926

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5bjRrExRw&layer_token=7ba19672e5d24b5f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2vtNuhK2s&layer_token=7668645abdc33028

need some sunshine , hopefully today...now we have all this pressure on Gilmore:twisted:

doubled
05-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Pretty cool, waiting for the final vid now!!!

killman
05-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Great job guys! I see this turning into another epic thread. It has all the makings, beer, brawn, bruins just needs some babes! Suggestion ditch Gatehouse and get some babes.

Brett
05-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Can't wait! awesome video updates and I think I like the "setup" the best. It's nice to target a specific animal rather than take the first one you see!

huntcoop
05-01-2010, 09:44 AM
....Suggestion ditch Gatehouse and get some babes.

Or at the very least make him get a haircut and for gods sakes tell him to put on some pants :eek: !!

Caribou_lou
05-01-2010, 09:45 AM
So by this evening there should be one helluva Pope and Young bear down? Or is it going to be one of those Pope and Gun bears!?

Mik
05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
So far, Great footage, thanks for taking the time to post it. lookin forward to...oohhh cant say it...dont want to mess anything up.

boxhitch
05-01-2010, 12:18 PM
computer glitch yesterday:oops:
Hazards of Pemby style?
Good Luck today

SHACK
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Great job guys! I see this turning into another epic thread. It has all the makings, beer, brawn, bruins just needs some babes! Suggestion ditch Gatehouse and get some babes.

Get the babes, to hell with the haircut and pants, Gate is just there like a roadworker anyways! Clip'n the odd bush, standing back like a forman, lett'n ya all do the hard stuff.......replace him with hot women, and this will be an epic thread! LOL :-D..................oh wait, I forgot, Pemberton!! Nevermind, Gate can stay!!!!:wink:

Ambush
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Wear high rubber boots to hide your human scent and then pee on every yardage stake. That will hold him for the shot.

Great tactic with the trail clearing.

Don't chance blowing it if the wind is wrong.

Can't wait to see this thing play out!!!

Gateholio
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Get the babes, to hell with the haircut and pants, Gate is just there like a roadworker anyways! Clip'n the odd bush, standing back like a forman, lett'n ya all do the hard stuff.......replace him with hot women, and this will be an epic thread! LOL :-D..................oh wait, I forgot, Pemberton!! Nevermind, Gate can stay!!!!:wink:

I was the "supervisor" and bartender.:wink:

You would be surprised at the selection of hotties running around Pemberton these days. No longer is Pemberton just growing potatoes and cows.:wink:

thetackdriver
05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Great thread! Cant wait to see the final outcome

huntcoop
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
....You would be surprised at the selection of hotties running around Pemberton these days...

They migrating north from Whistler?

proguide66
05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
This next video shows a 'arial view' of the 'Great Bears' haunts. The property where he is bedding is a 'no kill zone'...as well you can see ALL the other great feeding areas OTHER than the little corner we hope to kill him.....sometimes I have gone to this view spot with a spotter/glasses and seen 14 bears half a doz deer and 3 moose in one go...today 1 deer,no bears at all...maybe later:neutral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf5miIuxAW8&layer_token=f3151b2dd2038985

proguide66
05-01-2010, 02:09 PM
They migrating north from Whistler?
they usualy wake up in Whistler then migrate back to their hiding zones in Pemby...:twisted:

35 Whelen
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Boy I think I would have a couple of spots picked out. A tree stand along that left fence / tree line where he heads to his bedding area would be a great spot.

Good luck..he is a great bear, hope you get a chance to put an arrow in him.

Sasquatch
05-01-2010, 07:00 PM
That is a nice bear, hope you nail him soon.

Gilmore
05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
...now we have all this pressure on Gilmore:twisted:

Yeah no shit!! I just wanted to fling a pointy stick at a big bear...now its Days of Our Lives, HBC style...thanks buddy.:):)

Brett
05-01-2010, 07:37 PM
BAHHAAAHAA! soo true!

killman
05-01-2010, 07:42 PM
WOW the pressure! imagine if it all comes together and you miss! Blow it completely on video. I couldn't handle the pressure, I would just shoot the fuc@er.

silvertipp
05-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah no shit!! I just wanted to fling a pointy stick at a big bear...now its Days of Our Lives, HBC style...thanks buddy.:):)
gilmore if the pressure gets to much for ya let me know id love to come & help you out gl

Gilmore
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
WOW the pressure! imagine if it all comes together and you miss! Blow it completely on video....

For all the world to see!!!:lol::lol:

Ah well wouldn't be the first time I blew it...its just usually I don't have to tell anyone!

landphil
05-01-2010, 09:31 PM
The "housecoat and slippers" made my day! :-D

SHACK
05-01-2010, 11:39 PM
I was the "supervisor" and bartender.:wink:

You would be surprised at the selection of hotties running around Pemberton these days. No longer is Pemberton just growing potatoes and cows.:wink:

Actually,I will agree with you there!!! Its just Whistler "north" nowadays! :mrgreen: Looking forward to some more footage you guys....get your arses out there and get him!

Johnnybear
05-01-2010, 11:44 PM
The videos Proguide has been taking are pretty cool to say the least. This thread is getting better and the suspense is killing alot of us for sure. I really liked the sow and cubs video and the video overlooking the "killing fields" was awesome:-D. You just don't see this stuff in every thread. Keep up the good work fella's:wink:.

OutWest
05-02-2010, 08:53 AM
These videos make it fun to follow and I've been checking the thread regularly. Proguide was right the shorter clips keep the interest level up for the length of the clip.

proguide66
05-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Just think , you pull this off you can put on your cowboy hat , a bandana around your neck , grow a mullet and have your own powder comercials!!!.....maybe we could even start a new BC Slam of killing each game animal with a 32 oz potatoe to the head!!!
Just dont be shootin him without calling your camera man!!:evil:...I'm gonna have a quick looky this morn then go up valley for some wolf terrorising.....new little plan for 1 er 2 more wlofy's !...and now I am an accomplished video/net geek I will tape it to...hehehe.....hhhmmmmwwwaaaaahhhhhhhh:twisted::t wisted:

proguide66
05-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Next time have gilmore run at the bear full bore screaming like a lunatic in hopes of tree it or baying it up. Then shoot it.

That would be impressive.
this sounds good , but those farm bears are too used to watching gilmore do that to his kids, the bear would probably laugh and lumber away...like his kids...:razz:

fowl language
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
him stockey,,,,,32 oz. potatoe might be a bit light for those man killer type animals.....fowl

dutchie
05-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Steve your my Hunting Hero!

Always great footage, and helping your buddies out.... no matter how ugly they are!:-D

Keep it up!!!

Dutchie

proguide66
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Steve your my Hunting Hero!

Always great footage, and helping your buddies out.... no matter how ugly they are!:-D

Keep it up!!!

Dutchie
haha..thanks Dutchie...but I'm not soo sure they are as ugly as we thought , they both have smokin hot chicks!!:-?...:lol:

BimmerBob
05-03-2010, 07:19 AM
haha..thanks Dutchie...but I'm not soo sure they are as ugly as we thought , they both have smokin hot chicks!!:-?...:lol:

Sounds like some pics of them instead of the bears searching for bears might be a nice change :wink::mrgreen::-D

BlacktailStalker
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
This bear go on a diet, whats goin on boys ?

Gateholio
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Nasty weather and Mr Bear isn't showing. As soon as it breaks, he will be out, I bet.:-D

proguide66
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
This bear go on a diet, whats goin on boys ?
Weather here is sucking ass bad. Still have to start a damned fire at night. It was actually snowing up the valley this am..now absolutely pissing rain..and chilly to boot.
I'm guessing the bugger will come a runnin out of the damp timber soon as the sun comes out and feels warm..when ever that will be:-?

proguide66
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
sun came out and it was feeling kinda 'bearsy' , gilmore was at soccer practice so I went out lookin.
While exiting THE field ( with no sign of Mr big), I glanced to a neighbering property to see this guy feeding 15 yrds from a senior working in the garden..:shock:..bear noticed the person and continued en route of the Big Bear hangout...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRiZd0vz2ko&layer_token=f42dbb98405abb89

waiting waiting waiting:-|

killman
05-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I think all the rain made him shrink!

steepNdeep
05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Definitely some COOL footage there Proguide!! Can't wait to see the killshot on video... Have you or your buddy killed a bear w/ your bow?

The bear in my avi went Tasmanian Devil screamin', bitin' at the arrow & spinnin'... the vid is burned in my memory, but I'd love to have it on film! Haven't killed one for years. I live on an acreage... just shoot them off the deck w/ rubber judo points. lol... Usually get 7 - 8 bears in my salad bar every spring.

Huntin' in the farmer's yard huh... I wanna see some video of the farmer's daughter! :biggrin:

http://www.jessica-simpson.org/dukespromo.jpg

Gateholio
05-03-2010, 08:40 PM
No daughters, just 3 sons....

Now if we're talking about his wife, well, she resembles the Daisy Duke pic a little too closely...:eek:

todbartell
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
thwap thwap thwap

killman
05-03-2010, 08:52 PM
thwap thwap thwap

Forget it I am not going there..

boxhitch
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
thwap thwap thwap

Been a tough winter bartell ?

proguide66
05-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Definitely some COOL footage there Proguide!! Can't wait to see the killshot on video... Have you or your buddy killed a bear w/ your bow?

The bear in my avi went Tasmanian Devil screamin', bitin' & spinnin'... the vid is burned in my memory, but I'd love to have it on film! Haven't killed one for years. I live on an acreage... just shoot them off the deck w/ rubber judo points. lol... Usually get 7 - 8 bears in my salad bar every spring.

Huntin' in the farmer's yard huh... I wanna see some video of the farmer's daughter! :biggrin:

http://www.jessica-simpson.org/dukespromo.jpg
Actually , one time here a few yrs back I was waiting for a big bear to come out of a patch I watched him go in...2 hrs later a 6.5ft red one came out..snuck up on it , put the camera on him snuck up a bit more and scewered him....took off...comes back!!!...was shooting almost straight down from a rock..shot him through the forearm...snuck up again , zoomed the camera balanced it on my jacket on the rock...shoot , double lung..takes off....I head for the truck and drive down hill..look up on this cut line , here he is waddling away at about 250yards..:shock:..jump out and freehand a quick shot from my 300 rum....drive down the road to the intersection of the cutline/mainline to look back up the cleared cut line...he's layin dead at about 450 yards...out comes 7'4" black boar I was originally waiting for and he attacks the dead red one...got it on tape , put the camera on the hood of truck , zoom in on black chewing on the red with the camera..cross hairs between his ears.shooting uphill..bear facing me over the red one while attacking...boom/flop ontop of the red one...on tape!!...I'll show it after we show gilmores kill...:mrgreen:..( have to transfer it from those small tapes somehow.

bowhunterbruce
05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Actually , one time here a few yrs back I was waiting for a big bear to come out of a patch I watched him go in...2 hrs later a 6.5ft red one came out..snuck up on it , put the camera on him snuck up a bit more and scewered him....took off...comes back!!!...was shooting almost straight down from a rock..shot him through the forearm...snuck up again , zoomed the camera balanced it on my jacket on the rock...shoot , double lung..takes off....I head for the truck and drive down hill..look up on this cut line , here he is waddling away at about 250yards..:shock:..jump out and freehand a quick shot from my 300 rum....drive down the road to the intersection of the cutline/mainline to look back up the cleared cut line...he's layin dead at about 450 yards...out comes 7'4" black boar I was originally waiting for and he attacks the dead red one...got it on tape , put the camera on the hood of truck , zoom in on black chewing on the red with the camera..cross hairs between his ears.shooting uphill..bear facing me over the red one while attacking...boom/flop ontop of the red one...on tape!!...I'll show it after we show gilmores kill...:mrgreen:..( have to transfer it from those small tapes somehow.
now thats what dreams are made of.i cant wait to see both vids now

steepNdeep
05-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Right on... now that's talent if you got all that on vid!!. can't wait... :cool:

Actually I had a wrinkle-head red boar that busted me at 15 yards as I drew on him on that cut line ~20 min. before I nailed Taz... I actually saw a familiar lookin' thick cinnamon ~300 yards from that spot last year huntin' turkeys... I'd come outta retirement for that bruiser, but until then the HBC channel looks interesting...

Here's a fat cinnamon on my property that tempted me a couple years ago...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3327/4576984005_0a546dc1fa_o.jpg

OutWest
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Now that will be some good footage proguide!

landphil
05-05-2010, 06:35 AM

Now if we're talking about his wife, well, she resembles the Daisy Duke pic a little too closely...:eek:

Are you saying that the Gilmore girls aren't really Gilmore girls?:wink::confused:

Any sightings of "Junior" lately boys?

Gilmore
05-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Junior has not been to co-operative this week, hasn't been seen since the day we got him on video. We didn't spook him I don't think, this is just what he does, and the reason after the past 3 years why he's still alive. We're gonna give him 1 more day and then we'll have to go looking for him.

Elkhound
05-05-2010, 07:28 AM
very nice bear for sure...hope you guys nail him soon.

proguide66
05-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Largest b bear I ever seen was just up valley a handfull yrs back. saw him once first yr , decided to help a guy kill it..never saw him again that whole yr...next spring saw him in the same grass patch EXACTLY a year later to the day , decided to buy a tag and kill it..never saw him again that whole yr( $500 in fuel later going before/after work all spring)...third yr caught asian poachers up there while searching for the big bugger...thought he must be dead , kept looking...saw him 3rd time in 3 frikkin yeras and kilt him!:mrgreen:...notice in the arial view of our valley the floor isnt THAT big to hide in..:?...shows how cagey those genetically superior specimens are.....frustrating:evil:

leadpillproductions
05-05-2010, 07:47 AM
ive been after the same brown pig of a bear , only seen him once 3 years ago hope he's still alive . Had him in the scope for a minute , but my camera man couldn't get the camera to work . Very frusterating would be be the biggest bear i have shot . But who knows if he's still alive just hoping

proguide66
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
We have all been watching like a hawk for 'Junior' but he's acting kinda slippery...I'm thinkin he may have found a new 'fling' to hang with??..anyway , we went for a look for him today and found his track...MUST be hitting the spot at night.Also saw the previous sow/cub in the same spot.
Check out the front pad on my size 10.5 boot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ec5noMd07g&layer_token=11ea429a2b31329e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_6CLmdkSs&layer_token=a7aad3193a851117

We placed a trail cam on the spot to give up his routine time !

Gateholio
05-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm at work but I just got a phone call suggesting there may be some more video coming up soon.:mrgreen:

Kody94
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm at work but I just got a phone call suggesting there may be some more video coming up soon.:mrgreen:

Bear down???

todbartell
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Ho down???

leadpillproductions
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
hope they get him

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM

Don't get excited by this post, it is just trying to mess with out minds and is full of untruths. Heck, we all know Gatehouse doesn't work, he is a chef of something or other, how the heck is that work? So do you really believe there is something else... :wink::mrgreen:

Gilmore
05-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Well folks......I missed!! I set 40 as my max and at 39 yds I sailed it right over his back:evil:. Our trail worked perfectly and the big bugger was feeding right in the corner like usual. Snuck in there without a sound and ranged him at 39.5 yds, I got set on good level ground, released...and watched it fly literally through the long hairs on his back, I couldn't believe it, still can't. Watching the the bears reaction on Steves camera it seemed maybe I was mistaken so I went looking for my arrow. I found it stuck in the ground about 45 yds from where I shot from completly clean of blood.

We decided to circle back to where we knew he'd gone in the bush and Steve was able to find him hiding out just staring at us. We put a bit of pressure on him and he took off like a shot. With no blood anywhere, we now were both cofident of a miss and headed back to my house to check the video evidence on my big screen...and there it was a full 42" plasma air ball!!! I don't know if you'll be able to slow it down on you-tube like we could here but the arrow missed amazingly and thankfully by about an inch. While it only missed the bear by an inch it was easily a minimum 6 inches high, not sure why, I have been shooting every night out to 50 yds preparing for this shot and I am really dialed in out to 40, boar fever I guess...back to the drawing board.

All the horrible evidence to follow:wink:.

Gateholio
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
A miss on video to be replayed over and over and over!!!

http://www.canadiangunslingers.com/forums/images/smilies/24.gif

digger dogger
05-06-2010, 04:07 PM
shitty deal gilmore, well you can givem a few days to forget about ya.. maybe he'll show up again!! keep at it, this thread is a good one.. and on it goes..

2slow
05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
"boar fever" along with the video camera can make a lot of strange things happen. Let the area cool down for a few days and he will be back for another chance. Hope you get him this is a great topic

proguide66
05-06-2010, 04:26 PM
The following footage has not been tampered with in any way. :mrgreen:

I am still uploading as I type..might be a bit till the BIG SHOT !...this is a lucky bear...the hunt goes on....one good thing , it aint over yet !!!..fun bein on 'edge' every day and every time the phone rings..hehe ( Gilmore and I are more or less across the road from each other)..
Here's some build up.....

A bear was spotted in ' The Zone'...we camoe'd up and went on our way....out comes a bear right from our 'corner' well before we made it there.
Watching the bears actions we thought it might be a different one wich is exiting with a nervous body language...wich might mean the BIG ONE is there....he was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD6SdDp6BW0&layer_token=c9132845cf4d19d2

the stalk...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m98U4nzvQqM&layer_token=eb2d53b745797c3e

the sighting..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL55lwHcNzI&layer_token=d2067b092f608b1f

the range---set up........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCygJ9rQCUY&layer_token=d8bff6513fec5794

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I just watched the last one and if that is where you shot from I for sure would have aimed for 35 yards tops (the angle) explaining why you shot over (+ or - a bit of archers pull)
Oh well all the better and way more rewarding when you do connect, he's a beauty !

proguide66
05-06-2010, 04:50 PM
And finally , Gatehouses FAVORITE VIDEO OF ALL TIME !!!!!:mrgreen::):neutral::cry:....:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_egQrbxNI&layer_token=6f03383e618f6111

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Thats awesome lol

Gateholio
05-06-2010, 04:57 PM
HAH! He looked pretty surprised! Big mouthful of grass goes flying as he opened his mouth like WOOAHH!! WHAT WAS THAT!!:eek:

And now, after being heckled for years by Gilmore for shooting over a ram due to eh angle, I can say to him "Did you learn nothing form my mistake? EPIC FAIL!!"

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

proguide66
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Then the arrow retrieval.....to find no blood !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_stV0tetrQ&layer_token=98a4f9b91ad6fc9d

and the bear 20 yards from me an hr later...:shock:.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_GNdPfOSs&layer_token=b70315c6902e1a1f

next time...............:twisted:

Sasquatch
05-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Nice try. This is an exciting thread.

killman
05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Ah poop! Hope we didn't jinx ya with the little bit of razzin :-D. You'll get him next time

landphil
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
WOW the pressure! imagine if it all comes together and you miss! Blow it completely on video. I couldn't handle the pressure, I would just shoot the fuc@er.

Looks like you jinxed him! :twisted: Keep at it boys, persistance will pay off.

Elkhound
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
nice job guys...........i know the work involved trying to get video and hunt at the same time. next time.........and Gilmore......buddy........unfortunatley i know that shot all too well. Did the exact same thing on a nice boar myself. I feel for you.

Caribou_lou
05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Kinda odd he would turn that way if it went over his back? But nice try. Thats hunting for you. Just keep up the relentless pursuit!

kennyj
05-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice work guys.Bettor luck next time.Really enjoying this thread.
kenny

steepNdeep
05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Right on... awesome footage!! Does the original video show the frame of the shot to see how much he missed by?? That's a good lookin' b'ar... :cool:

Gateholio
05-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Right on... awesome footage!! Does the original video show the frame of the shot to see how much he missed by?? That's a good lookin' b'ar... :cool:

If you look closely on the bears back, you can see where the arrow parts the fur!:-D

TyTy
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
A little windy eh,

The Hermit
05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
What fun!! I'd be setting up in a tree stand by that corner and ambushing him on the way in or out of the field. Of course I shoot a longbow so would need to be half that distance. Great thread and don't worry Gilmore you'll get him! Great of ProGuide to be working this guy with you!!!

Gilmore
05-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Ah poop! Hope we didn't jinx ya with the little bit of razzin :-D. You'll get him next time

No jinx here, I don't believe in them, I missed, thats it, and believe me it's not the first time.:-D

When we slowed it right down on my TV and went forward frame by frame, it literally went through the hair on his back. That is why the reaction of him trying to bite at the arrow...or whatever he thought it was.

Thanks for the postive thoughts boys, this has been alot fun and i'm glad your enjoying it....though no one is enjoying it as much as Gatehouse.:wink:

proguide66
05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
As usual the ' shoulda-woulda-coulda's ' are going to haunt the mind....we made a pack to slow er down next time and slip into the ditch and pop up right next to him....the build up is hard to take sometimes..hehe....wish for another chance soon..but then again dont want the fun to end too quick either!

killman
05-06-2010, 07:29 PM
No jinx here, I don't believe in them, I missed, thats it, and believe me it's not the first time.:-D

That's good, I was almost starting to have a feeling. :wink:

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM
You guys are doing great! Just having the opportunity to put a "pointy stick" in that guy is a huge win and it is going to be way more satisfying when you do get him, would have been much too easy on the first flight!

Gilmore, you are a brave man to share it all here, my hat is off to you for the courage of sharing your hunt. Go get him!

landphil
05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
That's good, I was almost starting to have a feeling. :wink:

I had one of them once - a feeling that is. Crush it a quickly as possible!:-D

Archer
05-06-2010, 08:18 PM
You guys are doing great! Just having the opportunity to put a "pointy stick" in that guy is a huge win and it is going to be way more satisfying when you do get him, would have been much too easy on the first flight!

Gilmore, you are a brave man to share it all here, my hat is off to you for the courage of sharing your hunt. Go get him!

X2, my thoughts exactly!

Ambush
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Absolutely awesome clips of the hunt!! Live hunts are the best!! You've already been successfull just by making a plan and outsmarting Junior.

This miss just makes it more exciting; kind'a like going into overtime.

I've shot a lot of bears with a bow, but being on a big one at crunch time, never gets old.

No sure outcomes, but lots of excitement either way.

proguide66
05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I just sat down with my b-b-q moose burgers , had literally ONE bite...phone rings...its Gilmore...HE'S BACK !!!!:shock:

Being a responsible and clear thinking outdoorsman , I drop my food right in front of 'The Girl' , throw on the camo rubber boots/shorts..bolt for truck ..( think she knows whats goin on by now , no words needed..hhe)....

video uploading now....think it will be a handfull of minutes....the bear's tummy sceduel must have been interupted today and he went 'uncharacteristically' back to feed en route to his bedding hangout....we drove around and ran to our previously manicured stalk trail.......

Archer
05-06-2010, 09:16 PM
and........:grin:

proguide66
05-06-2010, 09:17 PM
This time we opted to go through the ditch right to the edge of the field wich would gain us 10 yards instantly...but the big bugger was consistently feeding away...:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqH_DY7KUDA&layer_token=6dd34a47f1c80c76

( still uploading)

stroh72
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
You have to download quicker.... my wife is asking why I keep hitting the refresh button??????

proguide66
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Damned computers........

2 more to go , says 20 minutes...:-x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65n0B1Gtc0Y&layer_token=cc947dbd39c83e92

35 Whelen
05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
This is worse than being told to wait to open a special present..........:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I am so excited to see more......come on computer.....load !!!!!!!!!!!!

Brew
05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I cant handle this. the anticipation is killing me. Almost as if I was going to release that arrow.

proguide66
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
SO......turns out 'Junior' was consistently feeding away from us( he was 51 yards when we hit the field edge and he was getting farther away)..wich meant we werent going to get a shot...unless we tried to use his big ass as cover , rear sneek...stick him:?:mrgreen:...anyway....tried it , gilmore had a few small yards to go....then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGBDY_Kjvs&layer_token=17cb035ab63af29

The Dawg
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I wont ruin the surprise for anyone, but that ending is a little...ummm...shittty? :)

proguide66
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
After he made through the fence/ditch...we snuck up again to make it to 50 yards and creeping out....we opted to film him and wait for another day........:roll:...well , Gilmore did anyway...I was in my usual chronic ' predator mode' and woulda ran and jumped on his back on command..:twisted:...I reluctantly agreed....he lives another day...the fun continues!!:-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3xR6ojg1E&layer_token=cca7dab53ba3c3c1

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I wont ruin the surprise for anyone, but that ending is a little...ummm...shittty? :)
OMG, proof positive that they actually do shit in the woods! And, I thought they mostly did it in the middle of the road :mrgreen::-D

BimmerBob
05-06-2010, 10:19 PM
After he made through the fence/ditch...we snuck up again to make it to 50 yards and creeping out....we opted to film him and wait for another day........:roll:
But... but... but Gilmore has already proved he can shoot that far! :wink:

bowhunterbruce
05-06-2010, 10:20 PM
its like he is saying here shoot this lol,or eat my shit i'm outta here.at least junior now knows what gilmore looks like.and didnt really seem to afraid.i mean he took his time taking a dump.
great footage proguide

Gateholio
05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I am sad that there is no dead bear, but happy because maybe i will get to be there next time Junior shows up!:-D

killman
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Some more great footage. Thanks guy's. I think Gilmore scared the shit out of that poor bear. Funny how some shots show how big he really is, like the last clip.

proguide66
05-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Also funny ( to me) how they look small when they run...but HUGE when they stand there or waddle around....he looks small when he's runnin for cover...kinda

leadpillproductions
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Now he knows , switch to the gun .

Johnnybear
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Also funny ( to me) how they look small when they run...but HUGE when they stand there or waddle around....he looks small when he's runnin for cover...kinda

I watched your clip and thought his body is huge compared to the head as he was running for cover:-D. Great vid's proguide66. The suspense is becoming too much. If Gilmore can't get it done with the bow.........I hope Gate's plow's him with the KING:mrgreen:(kidding kinda).

I hope you guys get in closer and finish the deal with Gilmore getting a "Poper" with the bow!

todbartell
05-06-2010, 11:13 PM
great footage Steve. Better luck next time Gilmore :-D thats one big friggin bear. I guess they can get that big, living in a archery/buckshot only area :)

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2010, 11:22 PM
He's a tob 'o lard all right.
Man I'd like to dump a couple hounds on his azz, watch him fall from a tree after gettin' skewered with a pointy stick.
Bet he'd make a great big thump when he hits the ground !

Stone Sheep Steve
05-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Excellent morning coffee material!!:-D

Good work gents! This will be one epic thread (bear or no bear) when it's all said and done.
It ain't over until the fat bear's bleeding!

SSS

boxhitch
05-07-2010, 06:12 AM
And the saga continues. Great hunt guys. And no commercials !
Will be interesting to see how far he can be pushed.

SHACK
05-07-2010, 06:14 AM
click.....BOOM!! ;)

I actually am very impressed with your patience, I would have arrowed it by now 51 yards......thwack!!!

bushpig slayer
05-07-2010, 07:18 AM
this is like a bad dream that keeps haunting me but now it's on video.man that get's me pumped seeing a bushpig of that size can't wait for a great ending.take lots of good video of his size,make some comparisons beer can/ paw,mans head/pigs head.what a fantastic bear.when you get it what are you going to do head mount?bears like that don't come along everyday.good luck!

OutWest
05-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Too bad Gilmore but I'm sure you'll get him! Awesome footage I can't wait to see more!

treeclimber
05-07-2010, 07:32 AM
great videos , you guys will get'em

proguide66
05-07-2010, 08:13 AM
The bugger hasnt combined 'pain' with us...YET...he should keep comin around. Gilmore pointed out the clover in that corner wich is obviously yummy shit to em.The surrounding fields are hay...over the fence is non harvested dead shit with green stuff growing through..only a matter of time...I'm going to have to file for welfare if he doesnt get it soon!!:-?

I think as well once he's down we should video measureing a bear...both ways to show what kind of difference on and off the carcass with the tape and as well measure how much a bit of a tug can stretch the tape.

after this it isnt over:twisted: I'm guideing for bbears here for Abe Dougan...I will make a video diary of the hunt , see how freaked out a non res gets on a b bear..:twisted:

landphil
05-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Aww Crap! Juniors estimated weight just went down 2 lbs.:mrgreen: This thread is epic! You fellows have some patience, I'd have used a cannon by now (provided it's allowed) Thanks for the vids and story, keep 'em coming.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Gilmore-You need one of these in xtra large. Maybe cut a couple of eye holes.

http://mysticalley.com/menagerie_umbrella_camo1.jpg

SSS

oldtimer
05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Happens to the best of us. Keep trying. Did you double check your Range finder ? Make sure it is on Yards not Meters..big difference at 40 Mike

steepNdeep
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
If you look closely on the bears back, you can see where the arrow parts the fur!:-D

Don't feel bad Gilmore... I've been there - done that... :rolleyes: We both crested a knoll and had a Mexican standoff at 15 yards... it was my first face to face with a big bear & a tense 10 seconds, but he finally turned and somehow I managed to only shave him right on the hump... (shakin' w/ adrenaline :D )

I saw him months later he still had the notch in his coat... I've got footage of "Notch" somewhere... the next year he was back in the same seat at the same salad bar. I couldn't get close w/ the bow again & I gave him a break w/ the rifle... they've since clear cut the area and he's gone...

They can't resist their fav' salad bar... he'll be back...

Gilmore
05-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Gilmore-You need one of these in xtra large. Maybe cut a couple of eye holes.

http://mysticalley.com/menagerie_umbrella_camo1.jpg

SSS

We were talking about something like this, I think it would work like a hot damn .

Hmmm.... where to buy XL camo umbrellas

landphil
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Hmmm.... where to buy XL camo umbrellas

http://www.lacksoutdoorfurniture.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=185

At 13 lbs, it will take another person. Of course, you'd have the bow, Proguide would have the camera, leaving Gatehouse to be the umbrella holder.:eek::mrgreen:

boxhitch
05-07-2010, 02:37 PM
leaving Gatehouse to be the umbrella holder.:eek::mrgreen:Like a good toby.

Brew
05-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I think Gilmore should wear a Ghilley or (Gilmore) suit covered in grass and crawl up to the bear
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/Bare20/ghillie-suit.jpg

dukester
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
SO......turns out 'Junior' was consistently feeding away from us( he was 51 yards when we hit the field edge and he was getting farther away)..wich meant we werent going to get a shot...unless we tried to use his big ass as cover , rear sneek...stick him:?:mrgreen:...anyway....tried it , gilmore had a few small yards to go....then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGBDY_Kjvs&layer_token=17cb035ab63af29

carry a black umbrella next time open it up , it will calm the bear down , or bring him to you.

Casagrande
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
The boys just left for another attempt, almost got a gaurantee out of their fearless leader who had an Eastwood-esque glare in his eyes. With any luck Gilmore will be face down in the PemHo tonight! Stay tuned.

Brew
05-08-2010, 04:49 PM
stickem Gilmore.

madrona sh
05-08-2010, 04:53 PM
How old do you think that bear is? He looks well fed. I wonder if you can age him some how after you get him.

elkhunter1
05-08-2010, 05:47 PM
5 Years Old.
I am guessing.

bigshooter
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Good luck this time...

cainer
05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
You guys haven't pegged that bear yet? What's taking so long?

Gateholio
05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Junior didn't show for us....I went home. Gilmore and PG66 still might have seen him after I left, so there is still a chance.:wink:

Gilmore
05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Well no luck today but...my wife and I are sitting here watching a movie and waaay out in the back of the farm where we've been chasing him around we can see the flash of my trail cam going off! It looks like a frickin disco ball out there.:twisted:

Pics of something in the morning for sure.:wink:

killman
05-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Probably Someone we know in there Bear suit~ :)

Gateholio
05-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Gilmore, lend me your crossbow and i will get the job done tomorrow AM.:wink:

proguide66
05-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Well no luck today but...my wife and I are sitting here watching a movie and waaay out in the back of the farm where we've been chasing him around we can see the flash of my trail cam going off! It looks like a frickin disco ball out there.:twisted:

Pics of something in the morning for sure.:wink:

Its me watching your wife with my spotting scope........:twisted:

Casagrande
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
..Speachless. Utterly speachless.

killman
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Any pics?????:twisted:

BlacktailStalker
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Spotter pics are mandatory.

Gateholio
05-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Wish I had thought of that...Gilmores wife is pretty hawt.:wink:

leadpillproductions
05-08-2010, 10:40 PM
This is where the tread goes horribly wrong but funny

huntcoop
05-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Wish I had thought of that...Gilmores wife is pretty hawt.:wink:

Does she carry the spud in the front or back? :mrgreen:

Gilmore
05-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Gilmore, lend me your crossbow and i will get the job done tomorrow AM.:wink:

You know the rules Clarke....no scopes allowed on the farm.:wink::-D

This would not be a surprise....I always wondered why my dog never barks when you come around.:wink:

proguide66
05-09-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm up early for a new check time....shall see.

Went up valley to see if any wolf pics on my trail caam , only bears and surprisingly mostly all night time pics....also had a bear on the porch again at midnight.....might have to borrow me Alabama buddies gen4 nightscope....gotta get this hunt over so life can get back to normal....

Jelvis
05-09-2010, 07:53 AM
More, this is the hottest thread going on the Intra-web right now ...
... A big black bear with a little bow and arrow .. it's so dangerous and all ...
Good luck and watch your back for the beast ..
Jel .. a Huge black bear up Pemby is very dangerous .. All hoping for the best result ..

Gilmore
05-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Well as promised some trail cam pics.

The best of only 3 pics I have of Junior.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0062.jpg

A nice sow with a red cub.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0097.jpg

Now as I said last night my trail cam looked like a disco ball going off out there and now we know why.

A close up of Little Red....

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0153.jpg

A close up of Little Red's Mom....

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0155.jpg

and then....

Gilmore
05-09-2010, 09:35 AM
....litterally 400 pics of this branch!!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0163.jpg

I think this is my favorite...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0370.jpg

...or this one...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0390.jpg

...or maybe this one, it's so hard to choose!!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/MDGC0490.jpg

Those 2 had some fun with my camera, but no damage, it's re-attatched to the fence post and ready to snap some more pics.

luckynuts
05-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey gilmore,

Ever think about setting up some tree stands. looks like you could put one up close to where your camera is ???? I know it kills the thrill of being on the ground but man we want success!!!!!! Also looks like it is fairly warm down there with a coat like that on him he may start rubbing sooooon:eek:

Good luck and thanks for keepng us posted

W.

huntcoop
05-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I would definitely take the branch, it is huge!

elkhunter1
05-09-2010, 02:34 PM
How about a Predator Call like wounded Rabbit.
I think it would have worked that last time.???
He may have come to You,??
Just a thought.
Hope You get him soon.
Good Luck.

JDR
05-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Just a thought.
Hope You get him soon.
Good Luck.

I was thinking the same thing...or even a fawn in distress call (and yes I know it's not quite fawning season yet :-D).

JDR
05-09-2010, 02:43 PM
....litterally 400 pics of this branch!!

I like the second branch pic there, Gilmore. I think it's the blue :razz:.

Gilmore
05-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey gilmore,

Ever think about setting up some tree stands. looks like you could put one up close to where your camera is ???? I know it kills the thrill of being on the ground but man we want success!!!!!! Also looks like it is fairly warm down there with a coat like that on him he may start rubbing sooooon:eek:

Good luck and thanks for keepng us posted

W.

We are actually just about 25yds from my tree stand that looks into the opposing field that I have used for deer season. Problem is this is a really busy time of year for me and I've just been sort of keeping an eye on the field and going out there when I see him, which hasn't been that often. The tree stand would be ideal I just don't have the time right now to sit in it.

Just a thought.
Hope You get him soon.
Good Luck.

I've been thinking that same thing hiding and just off our raked trail and having Steve blow my rabbit in distress from the other field and hopefully getting a shot when he crosses through the ditch.

proguide66
05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
So far he has been showing once very week and bit...I'm kinda expecting him not to show for a bit. I took the quad down the road for a looksy to the south today and found a BIG track in the mud along the timber/farm field lines heading south..possibly a couple days old and maybe half mile from the action corner in the vid....again , who knows..spring BIG boars get less and less predictable as the spring rut comes on....he will be back , hope we'r around for him.
Saw the porch bear last night , isnt Junior , only4ft?...he's getting on my nerves though...:twisted:

ROEBUCK
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
[quote=Gilmore;674803] Problem is this is a really busy time of year for me and I've just been sort of keeping an eye on the field and going out there when I see him,

armchair hunting at its finest. LOL!

proguide66
05-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Tried to go to work today....decided it was too nice out and better look for Junior instead.....spotted this one from up on the mountain..MIGHT have been him but he fed through too quick...maybe tonight?:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa4tSgp3hY8&layer_token=a6d68fe98b0a99c1

leadpillproductions
05-10-2010, 06:14 PM
hope you get him tonight

proguide66
05-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Just the sow/cub combp last night , have a feeling the cubs days are over.
gilmore phoned this am with news of Junior , drove over asap , we drove around to the back , started walking down the 'stalk field' edge...out bursts the sow from the corner ( ahead of the bear in yesterdays video) and she's runnin straight at us maybe 250 yrds out....out bursts Junior right on her ass....so shes running straight at us and as well straight at my parked truck....we bolt to the edge to back under the over hanging branches and hope she takes him to us...of course the big blue truck is too much and she doglegs left into the jungle and takes Junior with her...:evil::evil:...cam in hand to....damn , that woulda bin great footage....at least Jr is still in the zone....looked up in the trees , no cub...hmmmm....

Gateholio
05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Junior is horny....:-D

silvertipp
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Junior is horny....:-D
Gatehouse maybe its time you put on the big black cape ,
help out a freind

Gateholio
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
help out a freind

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Stone Sheep Steve
05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
help out a freind

Gate-If you pack a spear under that cape your dream of spearing a black bear could come true. Just beware he doesn't spear you first:shock:.

SSS

troutseeker
05-11-2010, 07:00 PM
So? You guys on strike or something??? Is that fat bear still breathing?

proguide66
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
hehe...even though its in the back 40 , its still a 'hunt'..each day sadly isnt action packed!....Gilmore has quite the report from today with footage..I had to work today...Junior came REAL close to gettin it today...
i'm going to look between periods..:mrgreen:

Wild Images
05-12-2010, 06:39 AM
YOU worked ?????:mrgreen:

Gilmore
05-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Well after proguide and I left the fields yesterday morning and both of us ran off to work, I told him on the way back I would be working all day about 300 yds from the trail cam with a tractor so the action may slow even more. He dropped me off and I packed all my gear onto the tractor and headed out. About 11:30 I look out into the field and sure enough theres 2 bears, apparently my arrow missed but not cupids!!

What to do... evrythings wrong, wind at my back, I'm on the wrong side of the field for any sort of stalk and they are way out there. I decide I need to get through some thick bush and go the long way around to get to our corner and hope they come back to exit the field via the raked trail. I grab all my stuff, I leave the tractor running so the bears and my Dad think I'm still working, and start bush wacking my way around to the corner.

When I finally get there, about 15 minutes, the wind is still wrong and Junior who is about 150 yds down the field from me glances my way then at his new gal and slowly leaves the field, crossing the same ditch I'm in to hide in the cottonwood strip he hid in the day I missed him. I don't move for a couple minutes trying to figure out what he'll do. I deceide he'll either come out in the next field or he'll stay in there until I'm gone so I need to get into the next field and start edging my way along that thick cottonwood strip. Of course Junior does neither of these 2 things.

I get out there and start slowly moving along when a BIG stick cracks!! "What the hell was that?" I freeze and drop to one knee and about 15 seconds later more sticks cracking coming right up the middle of the cottonwoods. Now you can't see into there real well so I just stay where I am let it develop. After about a minute he's still coming right at me and I start to think what is he doing, he already winded me once, the wind is still at my back so either his sniffer doesn't work or, he's had enough of this cat and mouse shit and I'm about to be lunch! Finally he's right there, somewhere, because I still can't see him. Smash, crash, boom, winded me again and gone back the way he came...good god I nearly crapped myself.

Now I'm not sure what to do, the wind while not strong is just not working for me, but I grab my stuff again and try to continue my sneak along the trees. Just as I start I see his big ol' bean sticking out of the woods about 80 yards down. I quickly hide as well as I can and grab the camera because its over. He never did see me but he knew something wasn't right, you can see him trying to get a whiff of me as he crosses the field. One of the most exciting things I've ever done with a hunting license in my pocket...the best footage of him yet, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sWjMW4aW_Y

kennyj
05-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Great footage Gilmore.That is a beauty for sure. What a great set up you've got there. It doesn't get more exciting than that. Makes me want to take a day off work and go chase bears.
kenny

Stone Sheep Steve
05-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Excellent footage, Gilmore! His hide still looks perfect(at least from his left side).

I think I'm now rooting for the bear to make to keep this thread going:wink:.

Have you considered trading the camo for a black top?? With love on his mind he might be inclined to get more aggressive...or curious.

SSS

Wild Images
05-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Whenever someone on here asks what a trophy black bear looks like just link them up to that video.
Better get him soon, with the temps rising he is going to start rubbin that big ass :)
Great vids, good fun this is what hunting is all about

proguide66
05-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Whenever someone on here asks what a trophy black bear looks like just link them up to that video.
Better get him soon, with the temps rising he is going to start rubbin that big ass :)
Great vids, good fun this is what hunting is all about
Hey Ken , you think those light patches on his ass and elbow are loose fur?? or just color shades??

Steeleco
05-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Every time I see a new post from PG66 or Gilmore I'm thinking the the quest is done. Happily it's not, YET!!

That boys days are numbered, that's for sure. Great video.

BigBanger
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Thats a big bear, great footage.

The Hermit
05-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree with the black umbrella idea and you might want to try a little bleat call too, bring him to you! Awesome bear!

Wild Images
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Might not be loose but he may be getting itchy,( carpet burns from spring lovin :eek: )

Phil
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Great footage! What a tank! I hope you get him.

BlacktailStalker
05-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice footage, wicked bear.
My buddy just dumped one like that but the bottom 8" of fur on all legs was almost gone from feeding in the sh!tty slashes here :mad:
As said, better get him soon !

proguide66
05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Junior came soooo close to gettin it this am....minutes after my last post I went for a look , there he was. Called
gilmore( who wasnt doin much due to getting his tractor REAL stuck...) off we go...seems with this new warming weather the thermals are doin a different direction earlier....we made it to him..20 yards from him broadside , few too many branches...wind 'fluffing' in different directions...his 6th sense kicks in RIGHT when he was coming to us on the ditch crossing..stands..sniffs...changes his mind , walks away , doesnt stop , hits the neutral zone...vid uploading...have to go to work..:evil:

proguide66
05-12-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNcCfgmYzc4&layer_token=71f6ff896319c343

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXj9aN9cQbU&layer_token=3e9d7515d39d2df0

huntinnewbie
05-12-2010, 10:37 AM
The suspense is killing me!

Kody94
05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL. This is better than Yogi versus the Ranger.

That is a damn nice bear!!!

todbartell
05-12-2010, 12:49 PM
That is a damn nice bear!!!

keep on him boys :mrgreen:

yamadirt 426
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Go JR. !! Get laid before you get slayed.

Caribou_lou
05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
That was your chance gilmore!!

proguide66
05-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Went again after work to do some 'branch cleanup'...not a thing in the way now~!....the bugger seems to graze down the side of the field to the corner then as soon as he hits the ditch crossing its 'travel time'...either right at us ( from where he was on the vid this am) or right away from us to where he shat himself on video few days ago....IF we can get to the ditch trail before he does ( thats IF there's a next time) there wont be a stick in the way........I need this bear dead...want to go fishing again but dont wanna go till its over~!:twisted:

Gilmore
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I think I'm now rooting for the bear to make to keep this thread going:wink:.

SSS

That's pretty much what pg66 and I were saying..."if we get him, then what are we gonna do??" My reply was " I don't know, maybe go to work?":-D

I never really paid any attention to bears before, around here they are more of nuisance than anything. It has been a great experience learning how these things operate, and obviously, lots more to learn. This guy would have been dead 50 times by now had we been using a gun, but I decided to do it with my compound and if it ends up I don't get him for that reason, I'll be dissapointed but what a ride.

Ambush
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
I think you are getting on his nerves judging by his deliberate slow swagger. He may start to bluster a bit, especialy with a sow around. He's a dominate bear and not used to being pushed around, so hopefully he will try and call your bluff and you'll get him!!

I sense it is close to an end!!

Jelvis
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
It looks like the big bear is pretending a bit like he doesn't know your there, trying to lure you in a bit closer by the body language in the last video...
I would be very cautious and not get to overly confident, but hey it could be for real.
Jel .. good luck hunter.

Ovis17
05-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Great bear and thread! I haven't read every single post, and someone may have previously suggested this, but what about a pop up ground blind?? Maybe leave it in the corner near one of those mounds. Gilmore could dedicate a whole day and park his but in the blind early in the day and wait for him to show up??

Spy
05-12-2010, 09:41 PM
This has been a great thread/hunt to follow.:mrgreen:
What do you guys have for back up, should he turn on you?:wink:
Thanks for all the time you are spending on entertaining us.:-D

Johnnybear
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM

Good footwear what else do you need:mrgreen:.

killman
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm still saying use the Bear suit, just this time I'm not saying who's suit it is. You can decide.

http://htmlgiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/_dsc2230.jpg

Ambush
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM

Gatehouse brings home leftovers from the appy trays. Glimore leaves a trail of goodies behind him, spilling out of his pockets, as he runs. That'll slow Junior down enough to allow for escape.

Spy
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Good footwear what else do you need:mrgreen:.

Who do you think is faster proguide66 or Gilmore?:wink::wink:

killman
05-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Who do you think is faster proguide66 or Gilmore?:wink::wink:

You mean Gilmore or Proguide with an arrow in his leg!:-D

Spy
05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
You mean Gilmore or Proguide with an arrow in his leg!:-D

Ha Ha funny I had to read that a couple times before I clicked.:-D

bigshooter
05-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Gilmore has to hit him with the arrow.

proguide66
05-13-2010, 06:57 AM
This has been a great thread/hunt to follow.:mrgreen:
Thanks for all the time you are spending on entertaining us.:-D

I have been taking the sawed off loaded with the goods..but really , over the years I really havent a clue how many kills of various shit I bin on wich has included about everything runnin around BC and I have never ( myself) had a b bear charge...had a few lay their ears out and pop teeth..but every time I come on one wounded its always wanting to get away from you....Ive been charged by wild boar,grizzly and a porcupine , but never a b bear..haha..yes , serious about the porky..got charged on video on a steep sheep trail and shot him in the head at 3 ft..was him er me!!...of course theres room for a first and a b bear can kill any of us real easy if he decided!!
Jr's days are numbered...have to work this am er I'm in shit....means Jr will be out all day for sure!

proguide66
05-13-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm still saying use the Bear suit, just this time I'm not saying who's suit it is. You can decide.

http://htmlgiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/_dsc2230.jpg

Dude , this pic creeps me out!!:shock:.....one dude layed out in a 'provocative pose' , the other in his underwear half naked with a bear head on....not even curious what happens in the next photo...:eek:

Killman , tell us your NOT in the pic!!!...we have always thought of you as one of us and dont want that changed!!:razz:

killman
05-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Sorry I don't need another infraction! You know who it is.

proguide66
05-13-2010, 07:15 AM
ooohhh god....Bartels under the bear head...:roll::roll::p

Stone Sheep Steve
05-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Seriously, that might work. I'm sure one of you three has to have a tanned bear hide?? Should work as long as you have confidence there's no hillbilly, rife-toting, poaching neighbours:).
Even if it didn't work the video would be priceless!!:mrgreen:

SSS

todbartell
05-13-2010, 12:38 PM
ooohhh god....Bartels under the bear head...:roll::roll::p

you're a bad, bad man

rollingrock
05-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Now I'm pretty sure that's the one I spotted before. :D So where are the blades?

proguide66
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Jr has passed on!

Last night Gate , Gilmore and I were 'bs'ing and glassing...sow/cub walks out ..we waited till evening was closing...walked to truck to leave , glance back at literally LAST second...here's Junior walking out into the field..GAME ON !
3 of us race around in two trucks,start hoofing it to the back 40 , I left my sd card in the computor...:mad:

Gate comes through with his I phone..game on...snuck up to the corner , Juniors on a collision course...looong stand off ,I mean FOREVER, wind swirls..its Junior , 24 yards ahead Gilmore , 6" behind is ME,8" behind me Gate...bears smellin , getting real nervous....my heart was pumping outta my chest....went on forever...then he turns to go left wich meant no go...then turns right...paus...lookin like he was going to bolt..Gilmore takes the shot through a hole in the bush..maybe 14" hole...21 yards...

WACK....Juniors hit , kinda high but perfect line..shooting down hill angle..runs out to his usual exit route...gone...:-|...

Blood on the fence wire...few drops...I see him slowing out at around 150 yards...stands...head down...goes into the jungle...

Home , few pops...bed..up at 430...bush by 520...look for blood , not much...as expected with a high hit on a fatty....we only had an hr due to work commitments..so called off the chase and left...as well lost my video camera in there somewhere...decided to keep quiet till we knew for sure what happened..

Home for 10 am...off we go...Juniors piled up dead in thick as shit bush.total distance from shot maybe 250 - 300 yrds....hardly a blood trail , high lung , took a bit to bleed out...but we did it!!!

Gate has the shooting footage..I have the happy archer with his kill on Gilmores tape!!..:mrgreen:

of course youtube is taking forever....hide with skull in..NO pullin went 7 ft on the nose!

MB_Boy
05-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Ha ha......awesome!! Congrats Gilmore! :cool:

Now we'll need a new thread to watch intently! :cry: :wink:

The end of the saga has arrived.