PDA

View Full Version : community lake

gutpile
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM
I am planning on going up to community lake to do some fishing and do some bear hunting in may. I have never been up there, what is the fishing like at the lake? also is there a good crop of bears in that area ? .. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

doubled
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
If you are talking about the lake between Heffley and Barriere, then fishing used to be pretty decent. Excellent sedge hatch on that lake but May is a little early for that. I believe there was a fire up there too so new foliage will bring the bruins out and about. Good luck.

300WinMag
04-27-2010, 09:24 AM
I used to fish it a lot, and it was a good to me. I stopped going there when I started trailering a boat (the road in used to be pretty mucky). I've thought about borrowing a cartopper and going in there. For all I know, the road in might be great now.

I believe that it is at about 4500 feet in elevation, so I would be a little hesitant about going there in May. The ice will come off later than the lakes in the 3500 foot range (Roche, Tunkwa, etc.), and it will take longer to turn.

Jelvis
04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Community Lake ... In MU 3-27 ... Deer Moose Bear Fish Hiking Camping
The lake is off Knouff Lake Road
High elevation allows good fishing in summer months
altho, draw down in some years can limit some summer fishing
Note: The sedge hatch in mid June AND the Spring time chironomid hatch are the best time to fly fish
Besides these hatches fly anglers use caddis fly, damselfly or dragonfly patterns
This 40 hectare lake is stocked annually with rainbow and has a rec site with car top launch and some camping stuffs.
Turn off Hwy 5 @ Heffley Creek go up seven k or so and turn left(north)on Knouff Lake road go up several k and turn right (east) to Community Lake (about 1400 metres) elevation.
Jel ... some moose, deer and bear...around...fish in lake ... in fall big Ba Hucks whoa!

kamloops killer
04-27-2010, 10:23 AM
As of Sunday April 25 the ice is stil on

Old Dutch
04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Roads been in good shape last couple years.

PM sent...

mrdoog
04-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Fished there several times.
The last time I was up all the trees in and around the camp sites were cut down and the site was torn up. The person working at the site told me that they had to level it because the trees were infested and they were concerned they would topple over.
Hope the site has been revamped, it was a nice place to spend a day.

I usually fish in the hole right out form the camp site.

Not a bear hunter but I did see a few bears the time I got stuck in the area and had to walk out.

guywitha270
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Community lake sucks. You will not like it. No one will. It's a waste of time. Please don't bother going there. It has very small fish and they're extremely yucky tasting. Please go somewhere else and have yourself a good day.