PDA

View Full Version : cranbrook/ kimberly elk

1 shot 1 kill
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
just curious here myself and brother want to put my LEH in for region 4-03x or 4-06c for cow elk... i live in the shuswap area and have never hunted that area..i see by google maps that it looks like alot of private farm land.
is there a way of contacting any of these ranchers for land owner permission? maybe thru a fish and game club or something? i know some areas up in the peace give you a list of people to contact? if anyone could help that would be great as i havent yet put my draw in until i find out if it is worth it..re land owner permission.. or where some crown land that is huntable might be...thanks to everyone who assists me..

Trapper
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
just curious here myself and brother want to put my LEH in for region 4-03x or 4-06c for cow elk... i live in the shuswap area and have never hunted that area..i see by google maps that it looks like alot of private farm land.
is there a way of contacting any of these ranchers for land owner permission? maybe thru a fish and game club or something? i know some areas up in the peace give you a list of people to contact? if anyone could help that would be great as i havent yet put my draw in until i find out if it is worth it..re land owner permission.. or where some crown land that is huntable might be...thanks to everyone who assists me..

In 4-03 theres a few ranch's but they all have high elk fence's around them,but there is lots of crown land to hunt.
good luck

22savage
04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I think there is some type of list might want to contact the cranbrook co's office for that info.

Darksith
04-26-2010, 12:15 PM
if you get drawn for a cow/calf, they will actually contact you. They called my buddy last year and gave him some contacts for hunting on private land.

1 shot 1 kill
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
if you get drawn for a cow/calf, they will actually contact you. They called my buddy last year and gave him some contacts for hunting on private land.

serious..wow..hmm maybe i will put in just incase and see what happens from there..

1 shot 1 kill
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
In 4-03 theres a few ranch's but they all have high elk fence's around them,but there is lots of crown land to hunt.
good luck

thanks for the info..i will have to have a better look into my maps etc and find out just what i am looking at, and put in our draws just in case, what is 12 bucks these days anyway.. lol

bforce750
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Why bother putting in for leh,come up and shoot on in GOS. 4-03,4-21,4-20,4-22 below 1100 meters,by the time you get up here for your leh,most of those cows and calves will be nocturnal and very educated by October.There is no need to hunt private land in 4-03,it is a huge zone.

1 shot 1 kill
04-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Why bother putting in for leh,come up and shoot on in GOS. 4-03,4-21,4-20,4-22 below 1100 meters,by the time you get up here for your leh,most of those cows and calves will be nocturnal and very educated by October.There is no need to hunt private land in 4-03,it is a huge zone.

i would love to go down there earlier, but my time off is for oct 1 oct 10, i have no idea where to go down there so i thought i would put in for cow, and maybe learn the country a little while chasing them around. but if they go nocturnal from the pressure..thats a different story, i figured i would have to try to find one in the first few days of oct to have a chance as it was...i need to study more maps etc as i dont know anyone down there, and just want to explore and have opportunies at the same time. maybe a WT as well...i may have to plan holidays differernt next yr.

coquitlam
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
If you look at last years regs. for that zone. you will see a phone # for a lady that is a liaison for the farmers. It`s more once you get the LEH that she will set it up. We did it last year .

1 shot 1 kill
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
If you look at last years regs. for that zone. you will see a phone # for a lady that is a liaison for the farmers. It`s more once you get the LEH that she will set it up. We did it last year .

Thanks, i will have to dig around and see if i can locate that# ..that would be great if i could

22savage
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM
and the number is 250-8873407 or250-430-1040 or email dasuhosz@telus.net says something about on or after aug 11 between 7and 11am but this is from last years regs

bigben
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Yup here name is Faye Street and she has a big ranch in the gold creek area she could help you if not go to the enviromental office