PDA

View Full Version : Fist Time Hunting BC

Couleestalker
04-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Everybody,

I am from Alberta and have the oppurtunity to come and do some hunting in Northern BC this fall. Are base camp will be on Tutshi Lake, with spike camps were ever we have to go. The 3 BC residents I am goign with have sheep tags and i will get a non-resident Caribou.

Have any of you hunted there before? What can be expected? What are the Caribou heards like up there?

Looking foward to hearing some feedback.

Thanks from sunny Alberta

snowhunter
04-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I have been on several fly-in hunts in Northern B.C., starting out from Fort Nelson, and have encountered Caribou on most of these trips. Check out if any restrictions on antler sizes.

You will most likely encounter moose, elk, bears etc on your upcoming and facinating adventure. Bring a gun for grouse and some fishing gear as well.

Good luck

hawken
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Don't shoot a FOX!:mrgreen:
Sorry, had to.

shadow1982
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I did not get the joke... it went over my head.

Welcome to HBC

MIL720
04-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Don't shoot a FOX!:mrgreen:
Sorry, had to.LOL.... now that's funny shit right therehttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Spy
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I did not get the joke... it went over my head.

Welcome to HBC

He is from Alberta!:wink:

325 wsm
04-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Drive to Tutshi lake. While overlooking it from the highway get out the spotting scope and you should see sheep across the lake. take the boat across from the campground and climb the mountain for sheep and caribou. rough climb with lots of rock up top and willows down below. No real plateau's on top....up,down,up down repeat. Take good boots or stay in the boat and fish. lots of bears around there.healthy amount of big caribou around Tutshi, look in the snow patches for them on warm days.Some big lake trout in it as well, usually windy and rough. good luck!

BCrams
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm wondering if he means .... Tootsie and not Tutshi?

Couleestalker
04-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will make sure not too shoot any Fox. We will have a boat so the plan is to go to the east end of the lake and hunt there, but I guess it all depends were the critters are. It is Tutshi Lake not Tootsie.