PDA

View Full Version : QUESNEL bound

srupp
04-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Am off to Quesnel in the AM..gonna park the rig @ Dragon lake and camp for 3 days..just to get away and "think":confused:..

Susan is minding the homestead..and getting her "honey do" lists done and making some up for me..gonna be staying @ the campground right on Dragon lake , turn off right as you come into Quesnel from the south..

Hmmm now to decide wheather to take my new Sage fly rod and new Sage fly reels..new sonar uit..and do a few moments of fishing ???

Gonna take the Tv..and see if I can get the hockey game on the set...

Anyone in the neighborhood for a coffee..look for the Ford King Ranch in green with Dovetail boat loader over a matching green canopy..travel trailer will be a Citation 27 foot with slide out...boat on the lake will be a 12 foot Lund, blue markings.."may" take the Achilles to try er out some more...

COFFEE is always on and FREE...:-D

CHEERS

Steven

WaterSkeeter
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Wish I was around, would have been awesome to meet for a coffee and maybe wet a line.

rocksteady
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Enjoy the peace and quiet, serenity, low key pace and come back refreshed...Oh, and post some pcs of your fish:mrgreen:

Elkhound
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM
too bad I am so far away.....sounds like a good visit

Benthos
04-24-2010, 02:35 PM
i got a report from yesterday indicating the fishing was super HOT!

should be a good weekend

Chuck
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
If there's a breeze from the north, just make a left turn out of camp, then go maybe a hundred yards between the shoreline and a little island. Stop and let the wind push you southward through the channel. I've always had success there early in the spring.

Tarp Man
04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Steven,

If you are still checking your email, shoot me a PM and I will see if I can meet up with you.

srupp
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Back, and CHUCK was 100 % correct....biggest fish I hit were right there..except I am just reading this AFTER the trip...cold.. wet and windy,,very little chronomid success..but tremendous midge hatches..my best success was micro leeches...burgandy, and also a second pattern green with gold tinsel wrap, maribou tail, and brass bead head..

Boated 27 fish..and kept one fish and gave that away to a nice couple from Alaska..:-D..
Even caught Canucks game...

Will try to post a photo of a fat wide 6 pound beauty in the am.....

cheers
Steven

PS sage rod and reel were AWESOME..new Lowrance Mark 5x PRO sonar...JUNK..:evil:...

SRR

ianwuzhere
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
i was there the other day- u were in a lund boat with i think a honda motor? fishin was ok in the morning for me but then slowed down so i packed up and went to another lake...no 5 + pounders for me tho..

srupp
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Yup...and that motor is priceless what a wonderful quiet efficient powerful dependable..well you get the idea..

sheesh you should have thrown something @ me and said HI..Blue and silver Lund with 9.9 Honda...

hmm was I behaving??lol

steven

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P10100490001.jpg

Springer
04-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Way to go Elmer !! Looking pretty happy in that picture and slim ..I may have to give you back your hand me downs if you keep that up.

Leaseman
04-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Nice looking fish Steve......:-D

You gonna' bring it down for bait......:wink::twisted:

Leaseman
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Before I forget.... if you do anymore trout fishing between now and, well you know....:wink:..... same me the heads with gills attached please!

srupp
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
10-4 Leaseman...NOW ya tell me...lol..

all the equipment worked superb...still havnt got the replacement case back..returned that due to wrong size...expect replacement any day..

I could save you a few entire trout to eat not just gills and heads???

cheers

and THANK YOU

SRR

huntcoop
04-27-2010, 01:01 PM
......mmm now to decide wheather to take my new Sage fly rod and new Sage fly reels..new sonar uit....look for the Ford King Ranch in green with Dovetail boat loader over a matching green canopy..travel trailer will be a Citation 27 foot with slide out...boat on the lake will be a 12 foot Lund, blue markings.."may" take the Achilles to try er out some more....

From the sounds of this post you paramedics aren't doing so bad :mrgreen: .

srupp
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
hmmm all my play toys...also known as "essential" were bought out of my inheritence from my MOMS passing..none was from my 'wages"..

all are must haves for a successful "adult day care "..lol

steven

huntcoop
04-27-2010, 03:48 PM
....all are must haves for a successful "adult day care "..lol...

....enjoy :-D.

srupp
04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
20 months till retirement???practicing..lol

srr

BiG Boar
04-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Looks like fun! Good work! Now go shoot a big bear!

srupp
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
10-4 Dave....will be out looking around come the weekend..

Steven

Leaseman
04-28-2010, 08:12 AM
10-4 Dave....will be out looking around come the weekend..

Steven

Geez, don't you ever work......:mrgreen::wink: