PDA

View Full Version : Region 8 Turkey hunt'n team

SHAKER
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
To the members I met up in region 8 this year could you please remind me who you are. We met you guys in a clear cut when we were setting up our wall tent and wanted to know where we wanted to hunt so you didn't step on our toes and I talked to one of you the next day who gave me a lighter (thank you again) and gave you a beer when you were heading back up to your red chev pu later in the day. I would like to thank your crew for being a great bunch of guys to hunt around and see how you made out.

GoatGuy
04-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't forget share time pictures with everyone else. :wink:

SHAKER
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I didn't bring my camera with but my dad did harvest a nice bobble head right beside camp. Them boys got one on the first day too and had some yahoo's park a truck right behind theirs on the second day of the season. Come'on you guys know who your are.... the "good guys" we met.

leatherlungs
04-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Hey there hows it going. I am one of the 4 guys in the red chev. The only one that got a turkey unfortunately. It was good to meet you guys as well. We wondered if you would pack up and head out after the circus up there started and when we got back up sure enough you guys had headed out. How did your hunt turn out?

SHAKER
04-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Got our birds and got the hell out! It was good to talk with you guys and that some people in that area still have respect for their fellow hunter. I was wondering who the rest of your crew was as well? All stand up HBC hunt'n guys IMO.

leatherlungs
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
myself, sfire436 and bc sportsman were the three I am not sure if our other guy is on here or not. Glad to hear you got your two birds. Was the second one as big as the first and did ya call the second one in? You should have set up a toll booth next to your camp. :lol:
There is a thread called Bufoons in the west koots. Gobble. It was started by one of us. Go check it out its pretty funny.

SHAKER
04-24-2010, 08:37 AM
LOL.... yeah should have set one up. Did a semi - call \ sneaky and walloped the last one. They sure wouldn't come to the calls on the second day. Talk a bit but that was it.

FYI for all the novice guys, TURKEYS ARE NOT GROUSE! The road worrior thing does not often work. But it does help keep the birds in the timber!

Well like I said great to meet your crew and hopefully we'll se each other again, but maybe not track side of the Wild Turkey Cup 200!:mrgreen: