PDA

View Full Version : Reg 5 Goats

slyfox
03-23-2006, 10:35 AM
I am thinking of trying reg 5 for goats this year around bella coola but have never hunted the area just woundering if any of you guys have hunted around there and if the goat population is good and if the counrty around there is accesable.THANKS SLYFOX

Seth
03-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Seen them up there around Taseko Lake 5-04,5-05 possibly can't remember. All of them on distant hillsides, none up close. Other hunters we bumped into said there are quite a few around that area.

slyfox
03-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info Seth.

mark
03-24-2006, 09:05 AM
i goat hunted in bella coola about ten years ago. we saw lots of goats from the truck but the terrain and undergrowth there is insane! what we thought would be a 2 hour stalk took 6 hours! we decided not to shoot and it was a good descision as we barely made it out alive without packing a goat! im going back to the same spot this may long for the GFs grizz draw, ill see what i can see for goats and report back.

Maxx
06-10-2006, 07:54 PM
i goat hunted in bella coola about ten years ago. we saw lots of goats from the truck but the terrain and undergrowth there is insane! what we thought would be a 2 hour stalk took 6 hours! we decided not to shoot and it was a good descision as we barely made it out alive without packing a goat! im going back to the same spot this may long for the GFs grizz draw, ill see what i can see for goats and report back.

So Mark, How many goats were seen?