PDA

View Full Version : Powell River Goats

Brew
04-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Just wondering if anyone has done it and been successful. I know theres goats there from a few people I know but they dont hunt. Is it something worth trying or is the terrain pretty rough. I'm thinking of going for a drive up there for a weekend of glassing up khartoum lake and Louise river and info would be appreciated.

Blktail
04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I could be mistaken as I have not poked around up there for a while, but the mountains are steep and there are few roads anywhere near the tops. If you can be more specific as to the areas PM me and I will get try to get the scoop on roads in the area.

Geo.338
04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
There are places where you can glass goats across the lake from the logging road but the terrain is soooo steep . The goats die of old age in these places as nobody hunts them there.

Also the lake is at about 100 ft above sea level and you know how high goats are .

there are a few closed areas around Khartoum .

Brew
04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys i see there are some closed areas around where I was thinking of going. I really think I'm going to try to put some effort in on these coastal goats. Atleast in the scouting departement this year.

X-man
04-18-2010, 10:55 PM
The country is more ugly than can be imagined ...Impenetrable cedar groves below and mountains so steep they are almost un-climbable.
Some are unclimbable unless you have gear and serious experience.

If you have a boat Toba inlet goats are easier to get at.
Here the mountains soar 5500 feet plus from the ocean, but is a comparative cakewalk.

Toba Inet
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/20854712.jpg