PDA

View Full Version : Horsefly scouting trip

srupp
04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Went out to horsefly on a "look whats happening check out the greening up and watch out for big early blacks trip"

Still cold with little green to show but lots of bugs..go figure..went up and played on the quads in the snow..and found 3 different black bear tracks in different areas.

Saw one really lethargic recently out of hibernation black bear...probably close to 6 footer..with the longest most amazing hide..absolutley flawless perfect primo shape...and the strangest color combo of brown and black..dark brown with tinges of black...

Still lots of snow in the Cariboo mts..

Soon found out I desperatly need new tires on the quad...lol:wink:..

sounds like a job for Neeha??AKA Eric...

good day...

srr

leadpillproductions
04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Im hopeing to start lookin around in my neck of the woods . still snow off the main roads . soon very soon .

srupp
04-17-2010, 11:44 PM
YA I figure when the dandilions show up in town its almost perfect for bears in the woods...still no dandilions in Williams Lake but there is in Kamloops..so 2-3 weeks yet...

cheers

srr

leadpillproductions
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Im hopeing the same , two weeks ill be out there filming some hunts should be fun.

EvanG
04-17-2010, 11:56 PM
[quote=srupp;663256]Went out to horsefly on a "look whats happening check out the greening up and watch out for big early blacks trip"

Still cold with little green to show but lots of bugs..go figure..went up and played on the quads in the snow..and found 3 different black bear tracks in different areas.

Was the same story out towards big lake tonight, some BIG tracks but no bears and no green.

Evan

jessbennett
04-18-2010, 11:02 AM
YA I figure when the dandilions show up in town its almost perfect for bears in the woods...still no dandilions in Williams Lake but there is in Kamloops..so 2-3 weeks yet...

cheers

srr

theres some dandilions in town now. seen a few by the loon, and by a few businesses in town. also a few up the connector.

srupp
04-18-2010, 12:41 PM
The bears are definatly out..just no big amounts of food..no green up flats..the tracks do show they are up and about...slowly working the rds and openeings..will go for a drive out the West side of Williams Lake..over the Rudy Johnson bridge after physio Monday....

steven

the idea of the big lake open fields is a good one..should green up in those fields first

Im hoping since west of town had far less snow it will green up sooner.:confused:

srr

Camp Cook
04-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm heading thru Williams Lake to Quesnel Wednesday or Thursday this week bringing my 3 year old son up with me was planning on doing a black bear/predator hunt.

From what I am reading in this thread is there still to much snow to get off the hwy's and are the lakes still iced up I was wanting to take him fishing as well.

Reason I ask is I am down in the Fraser Valley and I already have perennial flowering plants that are over 2' high in my yard so I was expecting to be able to get off road already.

jessbennett
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
The bears are definatly out..just no big amounts of food..no green up flats..the tracks do show they are up and about...slowly working the rds and openeings..will go for a drive out the West side of Williams Lake..over the Rudy Johnson bridge after physio Monday....

steven

the idea of the big lake open fields is a good one..should green up in those fields first

Im hoping since west of town had far less snow it will green up sooner.:confused:

srr

drove the west fraser roar home from ques to the puddle today. shes green out that way for sure. hundreds and hundreds of deer. i may take a quick look up bull mtn way 2 nite or tomorrow. i have a top secret hidey hole up there. always bears in there early.

.330 Dakota
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm heading thru Williams Lake to Quesnel Wednesday or Thursday this week bringing my 3 year old son up with me was planning on doing a black bear/predator hunt.

From what I am reading in this thread is there still to much snow to get off the hwy's and are the lakes still iced up I was wanting to take him fishing as well.

Reason I ask is I am down in the Fraser Valley and I already have perennial flowering plants that are over 2' high in my yard so I was expecting to be able to get off road already.

Okay now quit braggin about the flowers..LOL
I live in Lac La hache and the lake has been wide open for 2 weeks apox.
Some of the lakes at higher elevations are still iced though. McLease Lake just went off, I was by there yesterday. I went all the way to Fort St James and Stuart Lake up there is open on the east/south end and iced on the west/north end.
Bring you boy's fishin gear, its good right after ice-out....

srupp
04-18-2010, 09:02 PM
camp cook..still a good bet to stop by Dragon lake in Quesnel..and the "resevoir " at the turn off 5 kms North of illams Lake very small with decent fish right on the right hand side going up...and there is NO snow at Williams lake level..so some back country exploration IS possible..and the bears are out just not in one spot bunched up chewing clover

Srr

Springer
04-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Well whether there is Snow or Mud up in the Wild BC Mountains I am looking forward to pulling that Honda out with my Prairie fed Yamaha Elmer !!:mrgreen::wink:... I wont charge for the tow as long as you get me close enough for some good Black Bear Photos.......