PDA

View Full Version : LEH Entries

flyhigh_206
04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Well i sent mine in yesterday so here we go again i did mine in BLACK ballpoint pen another of my superstitions is i have to mail them away the same day i buy them.

Roots
04-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Mine is out too - used my wife's beloved hot-pink pen, we'll see what happens :-D

Jelvis
04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I hope you put the right numbers down? Otherwise your dead ....
.....In the waste basket

Don_Abbate
04-17-2010, 05:42 PM
my buddy fills it in with black pen aswell i dont know why it matters there all copied from the draws to a computer and done electronically lol

Don_Abbate
04-17-2010, 05:46 PM
i have superstitions aswell though
lol there kind of stupid but i mail all 6 1 per mail box in 6 different cities it is my good luck charm

Spy
04-17-2010, 05:56 PM
My buddy went to pick up some LEH entries from Island Out Fitters & there were none available!:confused::confused:

Jelvis
04-17-2010, 06:16 PM
The faster you get them in the better ... true or false?

Wrayzer
04-17-2010, 08:12 PM
The faster you get them in the better ... true or false?

I couriered mine the day before deadline a couple years ago, and still won a draw. Cutting it a little too close.

ianwuzhere
04-17-2010, 08:51 PM
wow, all i do is fill em out with a pencil and put ten $20 bills in the envelope and i get at least two lehs a year!!

flyhigh_206
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
theres been alot of places here in the okanagan that are out or arent carrying them this year. As for Jelvis's question im voting true

Ghost Stalker
04-17-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/statusicon/post_new.gif Yesterday, 09:51 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/image.php?u=1418&dateline=1141094664 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=1418) ianwuzhere (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=1418) http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_663187", true);
ianwuzhere

Re: LEH Entries
wow, all i do is fill em out with a pencil and put ten $20 bills in the envelope and i get at least two lehs a year!!

lol that is greathttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=663187)

cwocarsten
04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
I can do no worse than last year. I have not had a draw since I wrote to LEH, saying they should change to the point system like Alberta. Got a 3 page answer back on how wrong the point system is and not a draw since. Hmmmmmm, I know only a coincidence but i have to blame something. OH WELL, maybe this is my year. Good luck to you all in your draws.

Drillbit
04-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Could be worse, I've been trying 5 species a year for around 10 years and still haven't won. The only thing I get to do is help my Dad out when he wins. By helping, I have to do all the dirty work, but at least I get out there a bit.
The stupid part is, I still think I might win every year?? WTF am I thinking!!

Good luck in the "random LEH lottery system"!!

hunter1947
04-18-2010, 05:17 AM
I used the black ink pen this year ,last year I used the blue and only got one WT deer draw ,will see if the black works for me this year :roll:..

Don_Abbate
04-18-2010, 03:24 PM
to not get one draw in 10 years is crazy what are the odds of all your entries there are alot of hunt codes with high odds like 0.6 to 1 1 to 1

308Lover
04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm trying with heavy HB pencil--can you do that? (22 years--no tags--and I've never shot a bighorn ram in Jasper park, or wounded a deer along the road and tried to off it with a dull knife)

kbb
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
28 years and nothing

KB90
04-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I want to know what guys are putting in for and not getting anything for 20+ years????? maybe try applying for a hunt with 0-1 odds just to see if your numbers working haha.

I've had my liscence for 6 years and the only NIL i've ever got was this spring for a grizzly hunt. All of the draws I put in for in the past are less than 4or5 to 1 odds. If I remember correctly I've had 4 shared moose draws, 5 doe draws, and 2 antlerless elk draws.

Everett
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
In the 6 years I have bothered to put in for LEH I have drawn the following
4x moose
3x goat
1x roosevelt elk
1x MD deer
2x WT deer

The wife has drawn
2x moose
1x goat
4x wt deer
1x M deer

So as far as I am concerned the system is working just fine.

TyTy
04-20-2010, 07:25 PM
My 4'th year puttin it, but so far nothing.

3 years of putting in for a 3:1 odds, mule doe tag. very curious about what will happen this year.

island elk every year, which ever area i know best, don't bother with the odds too much, it'll happen one year and when it does, i'll know exactly where to go.

and hopefully shared moose when some gets drawn

talver
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Not to hyjack the thread but does anyone know where I could get a hard copy of the leh regs in surrey, I have tried both wal- mart in surrey both are out. They both said they only recieved a box of the the hardcopies and have requested more.

lip_ripper00
04-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Walmart on 88th has some I picked up a couple yesterday

flyhigh_206
04-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Go the government agents, theres a list of all licence dealers on the website with the regs

Don_Abbate
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
28 years no draws how is that possible must be putting in kamloops lake 950 to 1 and other hard draws

Don_Abbate
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
seems really crazy i hope everyone who hasnt got a draw in the past has a lucky year this year

hillclimber
04-20-2010, 09:07 PM
in the last 3 years i've gotten 2 mulie doe tags thats it. they had low odds also. my dad has been putting in for mulie doe with 10-1 or so odds. hasn't had a tag since 1992. Yes thats right 18 years!! Maybe this year is his year to get something although he's been saying that for the last few seasons now

hunter1947
04-21-2010, 05:25 AM
We need a pole on what color pen we used :roll:????.

CanuckShooter
04-21-2010, 06:50 AM
I want to know what guys are putting in for and not getting anything for 20+ years????? maybe try applying for a hunt with 0-1 odds just to see if your numbers working haha.

I've had my liscence for 6 years and the only NIL i've ever got was this spring for a grizzly hunt. All of the draws I put in for in the past are less than 4or5 to 1 odds. If I remember correctly I've had 4 shared moose draws, 5 doe draws, and 2 antlerless elk draws.

In the 6 years I have bothered to put in for LEH I have drawn the following
4x moose
3x goat
1x roosevelt elk
1x MD deer
2x WT deer

The wife has drawn
2x moose
1x goat
4x wt deer
1x M deer

So as far as I am concerned the system is working just fine.

We put in for goat at 1.1>1 and still don't get draws....

2 moose
1 goat
4 or 5 mulie doe

over a 30 year period.....no rosie, no cow elk, no sheep.nonononono other than lots of NIL...

Seeing all the success you two have had it's easy to see why some others get NIL so often...your very lucky!!:-D

Doe
04-21-2010, 07:15 AM
How is it a 'lottery' if your last years 'win' decreases your odds this year? We have had one successful draw out of 8 so far.

Caribou_lou
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
I always get draw. You should study and compare to last years synopsis so the odds make sense. Try putting in for areas with lower odds and you wil extend you hunting season. Or try shared hunts for moose. I get drawn for goat every year at 0.4-1 odds! and I never see anyone else in there.

Slee
04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Could be worse, I've been trying 5 species a year for around 10 years and still haven't won. The only thing I get to do is help my Dad out when he wins. By helping, I have to do all the dirty work, but at least I get out there a bit.
The stupid part is, I still think I might win every year?? WTF am I thinking!!

Good luck in the "random LEH lottery system"!!

The only ones that seem to bitch about our system are the suckers who put in for these 5:1 plus odds...... WAKE UP people those are terrible odds!!!!!! 3:1 is even bad odds.

Im at about a 90% success rate for the last few years. Just have to apply for the 1:1 odd tags and youll win every time. just have to put a few km's on the truck but hey we only live once. no point bitching about not getting drawn when all it takes is a bit of gas.............

Albafly
04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
It seems like a pretty bad system when some people can get so much and some so little. Lottery or not, it is not good or fair. Anyways, i'll fill mine in BLUE pen, just to be different from the black pen crowd!

This will be my first LEH year- i'd like to look at the LEH synopsis for the last few years to see how the odds change year to year. Is there anywhere I can get them?

Thanks

KB90
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
It seems like a pretty bad system when some people can get so much and some so little. Lottery or not, it is not good or fair.

Lotterys aren't fair plain and simple, but there are things you can do to increase your chances for a draw, even if they are not your ideal area of species.

The people who are getting so little are not playing correctly :mrgreen:

Gr8 white hunter
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I know alot of people who have got thier draws 6 years in a row and people havent had a draw for over 20 years?? So the draw is done already so save your money its a scam cash grab for the Gov just like the HST. just go out and help yourself.

KB90
04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I know alot of people who have got thier draws 6 years in a row and people havent had a draw for over 20 years?? So the draw is done already so save your money its a scam cash grab for the Gov just like the HST. just go out and help yourself.

hahaha okay..... Your right the LEH is total scam:-? where some of you get these ideas???

silvertipp
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
i havent done to well with the draws but it seems every other year i get something like the time i was looking at the regs & seen sheep draws in the okanogan & thought id try BINGO got 1st try ive talked to people that have been putting in their for ever & were quit mad when i told them i only applied onecs & got the tag what a great hunt that was
never know what goona happen

slyfox
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Come on guys the draw system is not that bad it a bonus.We live in a province were you can hunt all year with out a draw suck it up if you dont get a doe draw hunt bucks if you dont get a roosevelt hunt 6 point bulls you guys complain like women for draws ive had grizzly goats mule white tail caribou moose i usually get one leh a year i apply for low odds and if i dont get a draw i hunt the gos if you dont like it move to alberta where most people think the draw system is alot better

KB90
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Point System SUCKS!

Jelvis
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
slyfox rules

flyhigh_206
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
X2 I dont think anyone could have said it better

Albafly
04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I think someone could have said it better- with some punctuation? Had to read it a few times, as it was one long sentence.

I am not saying that this is not a good place to hunt- its that the opportunities that are limited should be spread out more evenly.

KB90
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I think someone could have said it better- with some punctuation? Had to read it a few times, as it was one long sentence.

I am not saying that this is not a good place to hunt- its that the opportunities that are limited should be spread out more evenly.

Who gives a shit about spelling and punctuation??? what are you the grammar police, its the general idea and its a good one.

Albafly
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I didn't say slyfox's point was a bad idea. Lots of people on this forum have complained about bad grammar:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47626&highlight=grammar

More people don't like it than don't care. I was poking fun at flyhigh_206 statement that no-one could say it better- they could have made it better with a little grammar! JOKE.

Slyfox's point was that we live in a place with great opportunities- very true, the point I was making before that was that the SYSTEM is not great.

slyfox
04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
This is not english class my friend its a hunting forum, maybe you should log into a spelling website and correct childrens poems. Stop bitching you might get a doe draw if your lucky!

knockturnal
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Ive been putting in for a bull moose draw,regular and shared since itcame out, first and second pick in 8-11 and 3-12 for the past 13 years and have never drawn one. Maybe this year.

Don_Abbate
04-21-2010, 04:27 PM
its all about the odds, 4 of us put in spring grizz draws up north 3 years in a row and all 4 got it each year same draw. its obv all luck but the low odds help, way better chance. i hope this year is a good year for my leh. Last year i got the BIG nil but im still pumped out of my mind about hunting season in the fall and cant wait draw or not

CanuckShooter
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Ive been putting in for a bull moose draw,regular and shared since itcame out, first and second pick in 8-11 and 3-12 for the past 13 years and have never drawn one. Maybe this year.

My hunting partners wife...has put in for bull moose 7-10 the last four years....

She got the draw for three of the four years. 3 for 4 not bad with enhanced odds and everything else she is slammin' the LEH draws. And rubbin' my nose in it as I've gotten one cow and one bull draw in 30 years......LEH sucks the big one!!!! Unless your lucky!!!:-D

flyhigh_206
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
People should really stop whining about the draw system, we all have a choice of where we live and hunt and if you dont like it you can always up and move. HAHA I heard alberta's really nice for the 2 months there's no snow :wink: