PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Sequoia Spotting Scope

Muleycatcher
04-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Does anyone here have a Leupold Sequoia spotting scope in a 15-45X60mm? or know anyone who does and how do you like it if you do?

Looking into buying one off a guy and am wondering how quality they are?

Thanks

.330 Dakota
04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
The Sequioa is a mid range quality scope. Really depends on what you want to use it for. If I was judging sheep at long distances I would want a higher end unit. If you can pick it up for a couple hundred then great.
I think they are about 450 new and if I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected here......LOL
I use a Nikon myself as I found it to be clearer than any of the Leupold spotters. I use Leupold scopes on all my rifles though.

BromBones
04-14-2010, 08:14 PM
My brother has one. It's held up well, no issues, seems to be fairly rugged. Glass is okay, though my little Vortex 25-75x70 has it beat for overall image quality, and it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

ryanhuntslots
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I like mine,, I dont use it much over 25 power though, it got droped onto my concrete floor last year and got rattled, set it to Okatoks and had abrand new one no questions in 9 days, send away all your other brands for warrenty and see what happens!

ryanb
04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
When I looked through one, I was not impressed at all. You can find much nicer optics out there for similar dollar. Pentax, bushnell elite, vortex etc.