PDA

View Full Version : Any New Info on First Nations Blockades?

Bluedsteel
04-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new regarding the first nations blockades around BC. I am heading up to Dease to moose hunt this fall wether they are blockading or not....hopefully not! I have sent letters, joined the BCWF and wished upon a falling star that the government will grow some coconuts and deal with this issue fairly for all British Columbian's. I just don't hear anything in the media or online about any progress on this issue, anyone hear anything new?

Skull Hunter
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
edited.....

Mik
04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
last I heard the MOE made proposal to the Iskut Band, who in turn were going back to the " elders" for approval. The MOE might already know the answer and may be withholding the info from us. Why else would the MOE put the new Moose/Caribou combo hunt for the Spatsizi area OR even split the Caribou season into 15 day increments????? Give the Iskut Admin Office a call at 1 (250) 234-3331and let us know????

Confused
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Word around town is that they will block the Klappan rail grade and the Telegraph road, don't know about anything else.

Around what town??

plumbcrazy
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
This is an important topic that anyone with correct info should post. Please keep us all informed.

Skull Hunter
04-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Around what town??

edited......

Jelvis
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I bought twenty acres of private land with a road through it and will be putting a road block up when ever I want to, for any one interested lol .. yest yokin lol .. it's a joke

Bluedsteel
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I received a letter from Chris Addison a couple of weeks ago which I posted on an old thread but here it is again for anyone interested.

Thank you for your email Sunday March 28 regarding access concerns in the Klappan/Jade-Boulder area last year. I sympathise with your disappointment at the events of last fall that negatively impacted your hunt. Discussions are ongoing with the First Nations in the area in hopes of addressing their concerns and ensuring that their constitutionally guaranteed right to hunt is not infringed while allowing resident hunters access to the area for 2010. No regulatory decision has been made on the matter as yet but my understanding is that these discussions have been fruitful.
While I appreciate that this letter will not entirely satisfy your concerns, please know that I have taken special note of it. Thank you for taking the time to make your concerns known. I wish you all the best for a safe and enjoyable hunting season in 2010. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if there is any further information I can provide.

Regards,

Chris Addison

Chris Addison, RP Bio
Biometrician, Fish and Wildlife Branch
Christopher.Addison@gov.bc.ca

Darksith
04-13-2010, 06:20 PM
so hes basically saying they are aware of the concerns of people, but can't do crap or aren't willing to do anything about it.

Cheers

plumbcrazy
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Sounds too me like nothing is going to happen, just like last year. I wonder what will happen when guys late at night crash threw these ill-legal road blocks. I guess someone will have to say at that point who was in the wrong. Hopefully it won't go that far. Thank God that it hasn't happened to me yet. Shall be interesting.

Gunner
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
If the Government doesn't put a stop to this you can bet it will be coming to a neighbourhood near you! Gunner

plumbcrazy
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Thats just it. If they don't stop it now, the people will have to intervien.

Jelvis
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Don't be such chickens, face the problem or quit talking about it bawk bawk cluck cluck cluck lol.

killman
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
http://www.herd.com/images/option/srt8.png

Gunner
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Don't be such chickens, face the problem or quit talking about it bawk bawk cluck cluck cluck lol.Are you going to be front and centre Jelvis...or hiding in the henhouse:mrgreen: Gunner

Jelvis
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I've never seen a blockade ever so don't know what I'd do to tell you the truth, I tend to avoid confrontations because it sucks you in and could do something that a person would say later, I should have just left and not got involved it wasn't worth it ..

Johnnybear
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Don't be such chickens, face the problem or quit talking about it bawk bawk cluck cluck cluck lol.

I've never seen a blockade ever so don't know what I'd do to tell you the truth, I tend to avoid confrontations because it sucks you in and could do something that a person would say later, I should have just left and not got involved it wasn't worth it ..

Your first post is encouraging confrontation and your second one states you avoid them. I would lean towards you are hoping something happens and want to watch from the sidelines. Who's clucking now:confused:.

Fisher-Dude
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Your first post is encouraging confrontation and your second one states you avoid them. I would lean towards you are hoping something happens and want to watch from the sidelines. Who's clucking now:confused:.

It's amazing how a few more beers changes one's outlook on situations, eh? :rolleyes:

Gunner
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Your first post is encouraging confrontation and your second one states you avoid them. I would lean towards you are hoping something happens and want to watch from the sidelines. Who's clucking now:confused:.I think you hit the nail on the head Johnnybear!Jelvis,NO ONE likes confrontation,but eventually someone in this Province is going to feel he has been pushed too far.Sadly my personal belief is that confrontation will occur,and somebody will get hurt.I hope not,but if it happens I will lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Provincial Government. Gunner

bigwhiteys
04-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head Johnnybear!Jelvis,NO ONE likes confrontation,but eventually someone in this Province is going to feel he has been pushed too far.Sadly my personal belief is that confrontation will occur,and somebody will get hurt.I hope not,but if it happens I will lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Provincial Government.
I think we are going to see more and more road blocks in the coming years as first nations obviously have figured them out to be effective with absolutely no repurcussion.

hunter1947
04-14-2010, 05:46 AM
I was wondering if the FN people have a key to the locked gates ????..

bushguy
04-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Holy one beaver blockade sexual intercoursing first nations ,,,,it will never change,will it ? ever? huh?huh?

Was up there maaannnyy moons ago ,,headin in,,,with all the toys,,,,got threatened to have our camp burned down and chit stolen,by a "first nation' ,headin in also,person in a large camper and a brand new f-350,,,,sustinence my azz.so we turned around,,,,not worth it.That was when I was a younger upstanding person,now that im an old miserable prick,I'd grab him by the throat and boot intercourse him.Maybe thats what it;ll take to stop this male cow excrement,,,,,,,no? Not that i condone violence,but it really is the bottom line isnt it?in one form or another.

would luv to roadblock em "in" there,,,lmao.

carry on,,

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 07:04 AM
bushguy that is one funny post .. good word exchanges lol

Angel
04-14-2010, 07:27 AM
So my guess is that the GOV has no plans for people who purchase LEH in the area;s that are subject to Blockades and have there hunts ruined due to ILLEGAL blockades. What a great system our MOE works by, take the money and screw the people who pay you.... seems fair right?????:-|

Caribou_lou
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
There have been two other blockades in region 6 in the last couple months. One in Vanderhoof and another most recently in Houston. They blocked the same drilling company twice. The company as far as I know is not making much attempt to go through.

bad arrow
04-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Why not just wire fisherdude with explosives, drop him off at any of the impending blockades with a mission to parley for access, he's a keen negotiator.

Dmytro
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
So my guess is that the GOV has no plans for people who purchase LEH in the area;s that are subject to Blockades and have there hunts ruined due to ILLEGAL blockades. What a great system our MOE works by, take the money and screw the people who pay you.... seems fair right?????:-|

They have warned everybody who is applying for LEH, there is a huge red box next to the map on page 4 that says "Hunters should be aware access is limited in some areas and are advised to confirm access before applying."

So now if you draw a tag and can't get there it is your fault.

Rob
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Soon to read in big block letters on the front page of the LEH Synopsis:

"Hunters should be aware access is limited in British Columbia and are advised to confirm access before applying"

d6dan
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Dymtro, Thats pretty vague don't you think?. This is a big province with alot of limited access. Maybe they should have printed the "area(s) in question" instead of leaving it blank. The MOE knows exactly where the problems will be, yet leave it up to you, the hunter to find out.:icon_frow.

Angel
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
So what would happen if a bunch of guys from HBC got together and decided to blockade a section of land around Rock Creek for example just because they didnt want other hunting there.... what would happen.... I have a feeling there would be Police and CO's everywhere, I dont think the MOE would stand for that. What a joke this will just go on for ever and is another shot at our weak ass MOE and unwillingness to cause any sort of confrontation. Its a joke!

BC's coom-by-yah way of running things really hurts normal people sometimes and I sure wish there could be a overall of the system.

Caribou_lou
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Word around town is that they will block the Klappan rail grade and the Telegraph road, don't know about anything else.

Well Zubris, You can spread the word around town that I will be going in even if there is a blockade. Video camera in hand. As long as there is NON RESIDENT hunting in the area, you wont be keeping me out.

04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
I think that what we need is what the fn's have, a constitutional right to hunt. The BCWF and other hunter groups should be pushing for this. I believe it has been done in places in the states.It would be nice to see the province and the fed balls up and put an end to this domestic terrorism. As much as we all talk tough the reality is that unless you don't care at all or have nothing to lose, bringing on the violence will cost you dearly and probably have a big impact on your family by the time the lawyer bills are paid and you may or may not have a criminal record after the fact. It is almost certain that you would have the book thrown at you for for causing crap at the illegal road block. I wish I had the answer as this infuriates me to no end.

Dmytro
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Dymtro, Thats pretty vague don't you think?. This is a big province with alot of limited access. Maybe they should have printed the "area(s) in question" instead of leaving it blank. The MOE knows exactly where the problems will be, yet leave it up to you, the hunter to find out.:icon_frow.

Sorry, I should have been more clear it was a sarcastic comment.

Gunner
04-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but why can't the perpetrators be charged under the Wildlife Act, section 80 that states:

A person commits an offence if the person interferes with or obstructs a person licensed or permitted to capture wildlife or to hunt, fish, guide or trap while that person is lawfully so engaged.

Does it not apply in this situation?It would apply if the Government or the RCMP had the nads to enforce it,but they will not because of "sensitivity to FN concerns".What the effect is on Resident Hunters attempting to hunt legally is of no concern to them at all.Sooner or later it will all blow up in their faces. Gunner

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
There not engaged in hunting like it says (engaged) they are just going to go hunting when further down the public road. They would have to scare the animal away or stand between the animules and the shooter which would not be very smart.
Jelly Bean Bags

Dmytro
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
If you are going there to do something else other than hunt you would still have trouble getting through, right? In that case I don't think it is about wildlife act and hunting as much as it is about somebody closing a public road and monopolizing access to crown land.

I would be surprised if there is something (other than practical aspects) that is stopping a private person from filing a lawsuit seeking court order to stop this "male cow excrement" :)

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
In order to start a court case in B.C. it would cost you about 20 grand just to start one .. BC is the most expensive in Canada to start a court case.

Dmytro
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
As I said, "other than practical aspects" :)

Anyway, if hunters put together a $50k fund that was to be spent on a single issue, would that particular issue be the number one priority to spend the fund on?

wolverine
04-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I think that what we need is what the fn's have, a constitutional right to hunt. The BCWF and other hunter groups should be pushing for this. I believe it has been done in places in the states.It would be nice to see the province and the fed balls up and put an end to this domestic terrorism. As much as we all talk tough the reality is that unless you don't care at all or have nothing to lose, bringing on the violence will cost you dearly and probably have a big impact on your family by the time the lawyer bills are paid and you may or may not have a criminal record after the fact. It is almost certain that you would have the book thrown at you for for causing crap at the illegal road block. I wish I had the answer as this infuriates me to no end.

Great post. For most of us hunting/fishing is an enjoyable pass time that we have invested a fair amount of money in but it's not the difference between life and death if we don't get any meat this year. It's just not worth the risk for most of us to get confrontational and put it all on the line and I mean ALL on the line. House, job, criminal record,vehicles and yes, maybe even our lives, because we can go on without it if we have to. It's when people are backed into a corner, when their lives and families lives are dependent on that meat to survive that you will see the average joe/jane really do something about it. The FN know this and they know it gives them the upper hand because they have nothing to lose because the Crown won't prosecute. There is no consequenses for their actions and when you are not held accountable in any way you can be as ignorant as you want. One day though.... it's gonna run out and there will be blood spilled because the rest of us will have been pushed right up to the point where we don't care anymore and that the risk becomes worth the prize but it will be a movement of civil unrest and not political because there isn't a politician in this land that has the nuts to stand up to it. How did we ever allow these people to lead us into this mess? The day will come though. I may not see it in my lifetime but my children will.

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Skunk stinky bear. Only a five percent of people approve of sports hunting in BC so you got a long way to go to get this gang your talking about. Over 4 million people in BC and maybe 80 thousand hunt so I doubt what your predicting will happen. Not enuff backing.

Fisher-Dude
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Skunk stinky bear. Only a five percent of people approve of sports hunting in BC so you got a long way to go to get this gang your talking about. Over 4 million people in BC and maybe 80 thousand hunt so I doubt what your predicting will happen. Not enuff backing.

Bullshit.

73% approve of legal hunting
65% approve of meat hunting
62% approve of hunting to control populations

Figures from Tom Ethier, Director, Fish and Wildlife Branch

wolverine
04-14-2010, 05:21 PM

That's my point Jelly. There isn't enough support because in the grand scheme of things it isn't worth the trouble one would get themselves into. We don't need to hunt to supply our families with food for the winter. It's a pass time. However, the way all this FN crap is going, one day,it will cross the line and it will all become worth it, because each day a little more is nibbled away by those with nothing to lose. And it will come from the civil side. As I said, I will never see it but maybe my kids will. When it starts to encroach on things that the masses care about, it will come.

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
You could be right if the economy keeps going bad no one can afford to buy all the stuff needed to hunt, it's getting to the point where only the rich can afford to hunt now.
That's why it's called sport hunting..it's fun to hunt for some whether they get one or not. It's not just for sustenance reasons. IMHO

jessbennett
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
There not engaged in hunting like it says (engaged) they are just going to go hunting when further down the public road. They would have to scare the animal away or stand between the animules and the shooter which would not be very smart.
Jelly Bean Bags

actually if you read it, they are liscenced, and permitted. its public land. they could be hunting on the way to their camping area. if there is no restrictions on the road in which they are travelling on, they technically could be hunting. therefore they are being interfered with.:wink:

Surrey Boy
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
it's getting to the point where only the rich can afford to hunt now.

I do see how people could think that, but I beg to differ. I might start a new thread to see how much it costs to hunt, because my budget this year is $1500.

Jelvis
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
It's all about interpretation of the law and how it is written that's why we pay lawyers so much.

frenchbar
04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I do see how people could think that, but I beg to differ. I might start a new thread to see how much it costs to hunt, because my budget this year is $1500.

Thats high... ...this poor hunter might spend 500 a yr:mrgreen: all depends in how far you have to go to hunt .

Mik
04-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Gentlemen, this thread is for "new info on the blockade" most all of the posts on here have been beaten to death!!! (Check out all the threads on the "Klappan")

bad arrow
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Bullshit.

73% approve of legal hunting
65% approve of meat hunting
62% approve of hunting to control populations

Figures from Tom Ethier, Director, Fish and Wildlife Branch

If Tom says it its must be true, but if 65% approve of meat hunting then why do so many resident hunters think 1st nations hunting for meat is BS, or thats the perception that I have been led to believe by you and others like you. I think Jelvis is right because he hasn't skewed his numbers like you do fisherdude. If 1st nation hunters dont have to hunt for sustenance because they can go to safeway or they have a new truck and high powered rifle then how come you can?

thebigrig
04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
There have been two other blockades in region 6 in the last couple months. One in Vanderhoof and another most recently in Houston. They blocked the same drilling company twice. The company as far as I know is not making much attempt to go through.

Do you know what drilling company?

Caribou_lou
04-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Do you know what drilling company?

Driftwood Diamond Drilling. They are stationed out of Smithers.

Fisher-Dude
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
If Tom says it its must be true, but if 65% approve of meat hunting then why do so many resident hunters think 1st nations hunting for meat is BS, or thats the perception that I have been led to believe by you and others like you. I think Jelvis is right because he hasn't skewed his numbers like you do fisherdude. If 1st nation hunters dont have to hunt for sustenance because they can go to safeway or they have a new truck and high powered rifle then how come you can?

Skewed numbers? These are the precise numbers gathered by people trained in statistics and polling.

Dannybuoy
04-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Skewed numbers? These are the precise numbers gathered by people trained in statistics and polling. Jelvis? wellllllll, his numbers come from some other planet, but you'll believe him because it supports your Indian campaign against white people's rights. Or, more likely you don't believe him because you know he's pulling this from his ass, but it supports your Indian agenda.

Indians can hunt legally exactly like I do - they can buy a license, hunt in season and obey the hunting regs, and contribute to the conservation and management of game species. Those Indians will enjoy 73% public approval of a legal hunt, and 65% approval of meat hunting. I'll support them 100% on that. And I'll continue to fight for meat hunting seasons for all of us. What I object to is unregulated slaughter and the black market sale of game meat by Indians.
Right on FD !! Hard to disagree with any of that!

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Fisher Dude is way off obviously didn't major in mathematics lol.
Four million people in B.C. how many bought a hunting license?
Now if you have a calculator what is the percentage of people who went hunting last year or the year before? Out of the four million people in B.C.?
Example 50 percent of 4,000,000 is 2,000,000. Don't quit your day job lol.
Your living in a dream world. lol.
You don't have to feel a need to defend hunting with hunters, we like hunting already.
Your preaching to the choir lol.

Gunner
04-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Fisher Dude is way off obviously didn't major in mathematics lol.
Four million people in B.C. how many bought a hunting license?
Now if you have a calculator what is the percentage of people who went hunting last year or the year before? Out of the four million people in B.C.?
Example 50 percent of 4,000,000 is 2,000,000. Don't quit your day job lol.
Your living in a dream world. lol.Jelvis are you wilfully avoiding what FD said!He quoted the percentage of people who SUPPORTED hunting not the percentage of people who hunted:rolleyes:

Fisher-Dude
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM

Jelvis are you wilfully avoiding what FD said!He quoted the percentage of people who SUPPORTED hunting not the percentage of people who hunted:rolleyes:

Of course he's avoiding it. He's lying, and got caught.

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 04:40 PM
The Dooood abides and we all feel better knowing that ..
Jel -- I could hide beneath the wings of the bluebird as she sings

Trapper
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I have the solution

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/450_cp_tank_leopard_061202_1_.jpg

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 07:20 PM
That would clear a path lol ..

Blktail
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Indians can hunt legally exactly like I do - they can buy a license, hunt in season and obey the hunting regs, and contribute to the conservation and management of game species. Those Indians will enjoy 73% public approval of a legal hunt, and 65% approval of meat hunting. I'll support them 100% on that. And I'll continue to fight for meat hunting seasons for all of us. What I object to is unregulated slaughter and the black market sale of game meat by Indians.
If a white guy had a contract with the Government and the Government reneged on it you would have a bird. The natives have treaties and they also have land that was not negotiated away. The law of the land says we have to respect the treaties and negotiate with the rest. If you don't like it, lump it or get out. I agree the natives have to abide by the law and that the government shouldn't be spineless in dealing with them.

But, like it or not, they have rights you don't have. They don't come close to the advantages you have in this country. Ya, ya, i know, if they just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and got a job they could have a nice house and follow all the rules you have to. The unfortunate truth is white people screwed them up so badly it will take generations to undo the damage. Some damage (alcohol fetal spectrum disorder for example) can't be fixed.

I could go on, but I suspect it would fall on deaf, ignorant and even stupid ears.

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Blktail is cool

Caribou_lou
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Fisher-Dude is cooler

22savage
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Is this the blame whitey for every thing thread .

04-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Please explain the advantages that they do not have. Every person in this country has the ability to work and contribute to the best of their abilities. As budgets tighten and deficits grow you will see people become sick of the FN's parasitic existence in this country. The real truth is that FN's are a cancer to themselves and will eventually limit their existance themselves. We just are sick of waiting.

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Blktail is coolest

elkdom
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I have the solution

SO you are a ROAD HUNTER ?? HUH??:?

brace yourself for ridicule!:mrgreen:

Ozone
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I have the solution

Can I order one through Bartell?

Fisher-Dude
04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Jelly's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQC1xodg-HU

Jelvis
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Doooood ...... Dood, there is nothing free ... lol ....
jElvi$ put on my blue suede shoes and I boarded the plane touched down in the Delta Blues in the middle of the pouring rain
W.C. Handy - won't you look down over me. Cause I got a first-class ticket
And I'm blue as a boy can be
Walking in Memphis walking with my feet ten feet off of the Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel ..... Saw the ghost of Elvi$
On Union Avenue
I got revenue how about chew?
Jelly .... No free rides ...They've got catfish on the table ... and they co$t a lot Dooood

Surrey Boy
04-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Elkdom, if he can line up a shot with that cannon and make a kill, that roadhunter has my admiration. I hope he can find all four quarters and proof of sex somehow.

bad arrow
04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
This is what jelvis said.....sport hunting....not any other form of hunting fishierdude...thats where the skewing starts from you...there isn't very many people that dont support meat hunting. Jelvis has access to the same stats you do fishierdude....why not check into this stat...80-90,000 resident hunters...around 7,000 nonresident hunters... and probably under 5,000 native hunters...who do you think is shooting all the game?...lol BTW I dont have a problem with sport hunting.

Gunner
04-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't have any problem with subsistence hunting,for those people who eat the meat.Selling game meat or wasting it drives me frickin' nuts and it doesn't matter who does it.Unfortunately it's not too tough to find poached meat for sale if you know where to look for it,and it happens all over the Province.Same with fish.People who do this no matter what race they are have NO connection to the land, it's all about the cash,no penalties involved.Selling eagle feathers or moose quarters is less risky than selling drugs. Gunner

bad arrow
04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't have any problem with subsistence hunting,for those people who eat the meat.Selling game meat or wasting it drives me frickin' nuts and it doesn't matter who does it.Unfortunately it's not too tough to find poached meat for sale if you know where to look for it,and it happens all over the Province.Same with fish.People who do this no matter what race they are have NO connection to the land, it's all about the cash,no penalties involved.Selling eagle feathers or moose quarters is less risky than selling drugs. Gunner

I agree completely.

wetcoasthunter
04-16-2010, 07:57 AM
If a white guy had a contract with the Government and the Government reneged on it you would have a bird. The natives have treaties and they also have land that was not negotiated away. The law of the land says we have to respect the treaties and negotiate with the rest. If you don't like it, lump it or get out. I agree the natives have to abide by the law and that the government shouldn't be spineless in dealing with them.

But, like it or not, they have rights you don't have. They don't come close to the advantages you have in this country. Ya, ya, i know, if they just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and got a job they could have a nice house and follow all the rules you have to. The unfortunate truth is white people screwed them up so badly it will take generations to undo the damage. Some damage (alcohol fetal spectrum disorder for example) can't be fixed.

I could go on, but I suspect it would fall on deaf, ignorant and even stupid ears.

Please go on, tell us more about how all the natives problems are because of white people.

I like how you dismissed, out of hand, the point many make that the indians need to get off the handout bandwagon if they want to move forward and be productive members of BC.......what were you saying about ignorance?

CanuckShooter
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
This is what jelvis said.....sport hunting....not any other form of hunting fishierdude...thats where the skewing starts from you...there isn't very many people that dont support meat hunting. Jelvis has access to the same stats you do fishierdude....why not check into this stat...80-90,000 resident hunters...around 7,000 nonresident hunters... and probably under 5,000 native hunters...who do you think is shooting all the game?...lol BTW I dont have a problem with sport hunting.

What a crock!!! 5000 native hunters??? According to FD et al they are all too lazy to hunt and want to live on hand outs. Read this see what I mean:

I like how you dismissed, out of hand, the point many make that the indians need to get off the handout bandwagon if they want to move forward and be productive members of BC.......what were you saying about ignorance?Today 01:49 AM

There are probably only about 500 native hunters here in BC the rest all live on welfare don't they?? ON handouts provided by working whitemen??:mrgreen:

Jelvis
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey canuck it's more than just you being employed, it's every other person not just you. All types of people that work four, five, six days a week for life every week of the year on and on and on. From fourteen years old to sixty five slaving away to carve out an existence. Shift work, long hours, sleep deprivation, overly out of shape because of sitting working in an offices, buildings with bright lights and poor air circulation.
This is nothing new, and it will get to the point if you don't have a government job with job security the stress of not knowing if you'll be laid off will blow your blood pressure through the roof. Then the tables will turn and how ever you judged others will come back to bite you and yours, and close the doors on opportunity in the world community.
Your job gone, so take a look at you now, oh there's just an empty space and there's nothing left there to remind you, just the memory of your face.
So take a look there's an empty space, I hope you turn around and see them cry there's so much need so many reasons why so take a look at me now..brown cow..lol..
Jelly ( Against All Odds ) I can't afford Quads ..

CanuckShooter
04-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey canuck it's more than just you being employed, it's every other person not just you. All types of people that work four, five, six days a week for life every week of the year on and on and on. From fourteen years old to sixty five slaving away to carve out an existence. Shift work, long hours, sleep deprivation, overly out of shape because of sitting working in an offices, buildings with bright lights and poor air circulation.
This is nothing new, and it will get to the point if you don't have a government job with job security the stress of not knowing if you'll be laid off will blow your blood pressure through the roof. Then the tables will turn and how ever you judged others will come back to bite you and yours, and close the doors on opportunity in the world community.
Your job gone, so take a look at you now, oh there's just an empty space and there's nothing left there to remind you, just the memory of your face.
So take a look there's an empty space, I hope you turn around and see them cry there's so much need so many reasons why so take a look at me now..brown cow..lol..
Jelly ( Against All Odds ) I can't afford Quads ..

Hey Jelly, it's not just me it's FisherDude too.....he makes four times what the guys under him do....1 for 4....could get rid of the dude and hire four more workers that actually produce something??? Some people love their work, I'd love mine more if I was paid 1 for 4 !!

Jelvis
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Might have to look into that four times what a normal everyday worker makes? That can't be right. lol. Like you say cut him and put some unemployed to work that actually do some work and not just sitting around collecting peoples tax dollars, no wonder he wants people to work and pay taxes to pay for his sweet cheek$. Must be older now probably hired way back and can't get rid of him lol.
Jel .. heck of an idea .. Can his position and hire some one that actually does something .. lol

04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
How does your post make any sense Jelvis? Complaining about the wage sombody makes? The issue being talked about was people sitting back and doing nothing and expecting our tax dollars. People who make higher wages don't make them because they sat around doing nothing, they worked hard to get to where they are and make sacrifices. Pople can make whatever they want in this world, sky is the limit. Posting jiberish and nothing about the post at hand, aswell as flip flopping back and forth to stir the pot gets nothing done. Why don't you tell us in a readable post about how FN's don't have the advantages that the rest of society has?

Jelvis
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey what? I never make sense at any time lol .. I couldn't care less how much people make or say they make, what difference would it make to me lol.
Every ones equal in Canada, like your saying, so there are no excuses get out there and go for it!
Jel ..

ElectricDyck
04-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Are the FN blockading to protect their sustenance hunting? Or are they getting attention for land dispute claims? Pardon my ignorance on this issue.

NaStY
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
What a crock!!! 5000 native hunters??? According to FD et al they are all too lazy to hunt and want to live on hand outs. Read this see what I mean:

I like how you dismissed, out of hand, the point many make that the indians need to get off the handout bandwagon if they want to move forward and be productive members of BC.......what were you saying about ignorance?Today 01:49 AM

There are probably only about 500 native hunters here in BC the rest all live on welfare don't they?? ON handouts provided by working whitemen??:mrgreen:

That burns your ass bad eh union boy? Four more union slugs won't produce more than I do for my company, because they would have no one in strategic planning and financial management, and they wouldn't even know what to build. They'd stand there and scratch their heads without anyone bringing business to the company, no one doing the tax planning, and no one managing the finances. How long would they last without me funding their payroll, or collecting from customers, or planning business expansions? Two weeks tops.

My compensation is based on the company's profitability, so they'd love to pay me as much as possible, because that means they are making huge dollars. I make my company several million dollars a year based on the decisions and planning that I do.

Union guys just don't have the drive to make themselves this valuable to their company, so they live with mediocrity. That's their choice - I choose differently. You'll never "get it" though, and that's why you're pluggin' away and payin' union dues.

So why is it you two cant play in the same sand box together. I thought this was a hunting site? Can we stay on topic and you two keep your personal attacks in PM's ?

weatherby_man
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
So is there any actual new info on blockades?,,,,,or has this thread officially run into the ground?

Sort of like watching a slow motion train wreck.

BromBones
04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Are the FN blockading to protect their sustenance hunting? Or are they getting attention for land dispute claims? Pardon my ignorance on this issue.

I wouldn't say protect. The Klappan valley has more moose than the Iskut band would know what to do with. Also, they hunt year round, while us white guys have a short fall season. This has nothing to do with sustenance or competition from resident hunters.

They can get away with it, so they do it.

cnsteve
04-17-2010, 06:04 AM
]So is there any actual new info on blockades?,,,,,or has this thread officially run into the ground?

Sort of like watching a slow motion train wreck.[

Well, if we're talking train wrecks, I'm your man.

Bluedsteel
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM
If this doesn't get under your skin nothing will! According to the Natives in this video we can go up there and shoot as many moose as we want.........hmmmm I think maybe they should pick up a copy of the regs before making any future videos! Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzqMAts-60

jessbennett
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
If this doesn't get under your skin nothing will! According to the Natives in this video we can go up there and shoot as many moose as we want.........hmmmm I think maybe they should pick up a copy of the regs before making any future videos! Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzqMAts-60

who gets to kill as many moose as they want?? lol. do they not realize that a hunter or should i say(non first nation) can only harvest one moose?why would they make themselves look stupid by not educating themselves before making a video like that?? its mindboggling really. OUR moose they say. whatever........ i think theres going to be alot of hostile confrontations this year.

Caribou_lou
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM

If you check out the area on google earth, you will see how large the area is and how much area goes untouched (unhunted). The reason why it was GOS for previous years is because it is almost impossible to have an overharvest. The only moose that get killed are in the valley the rail grade goes up. There are also quad restrictions certain times of the year.
The Taltan have lost alot of respect from alot of people including me. The ones in the video are very misinformed and uneducated on the sittuation at hand. Now another area has gone to LEH that has no conservation concerns. MOE at its best.

CanuckShooter
04-18-2010, 07:55 AM
who gets to kill as many moose as they want?? lol. do they not realize that a hunter or should i say(non first nation) can only harvest one moose?why would they make themselves look stupid by not educating themselves before making a video like that?? its mindboggling really. OUR moose they say. whatever........ i think theres going to be alot of hostile confrontations this year.

Perhaps some of you fellows should listen instead of just doing the old knee-jerk reaction. They are clearly saying that there is NO LIMIT on the number of moose tags being made available to hunters.....meaning there is no limit on the number of moose that can be harvested. An educated person would understand that if the province sells 70,000 moose tags per year that is the potential number of legal hunters that could hunt the area. It would never happen, but there is the potential for a crush of hunters to go into the area.

They also say they are not being given harvest stats???? If not why not????

ryanb
04-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Because there is no process for collecting harvest stats. If they were truly concerned about harvest stats, why not institute mandatory reporting on all moose taken in the GOS in the area. Simple. Of course, they don't actually want harvest stats because anyone that knows the area knows that there is absolutely no conservation concern with the amount of harvest at present.

CanuckShooter
04-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Because there is no process for collecting harvest stats. If they were truly concerned about harvest stats, why not institute mandatory reporting on all moose taken in the GOS in the area. Simple. Of course, they don't actually want harvest stats because anyone that knows the area knows that there is absolutely no conservation concern with the amount of harvest at present.

Pardon? Don't they send out harvest questionaires to collect harvest stats?? Doesn't the MOE use these same stats to determine resident allocations??

There IS a conservation concern, the FN are expressing a concern.....from what it says in that utube video they have been expressing these concerns for some time now.....why not address them???

bad arrow
04-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I cant wrap my my around this statement...please explain? who are you talking about?

Caribou_lou
04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Pardon? Don't they send out harvest questionaires to collect harvest stats?? Doesn't the MOE use these same stats to determine resident allocations??

There IS a conservation concern, the FN are expressing a concern.....from what it says in that utube video they have been expressing these concerns for some time now.....why not address them???

MOE does send out questionaires collecting harvest stats. This is important info and obviously proves no concern. If there was a concern. It would have been put on LEH long ago. The problem is, there is no count done on FN harvest. Therefore it is hard to say how many cows and calfs they take out of the population. If they are so concered about the moose population, they should really be educated before they start pointing the finger at legal resident hunters.

Meanwhile, The guide outfitter (collingwoods) were still able to carry on with their moose/caribou hunts. While resident hunters were handed out evacuation notices.

Gunner
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
MOE does send out questionaires collecting harvest stats. This is important info and obviously proves no concern. If there was a concern. It would have been put on LEH long ago. The problem is, there is no count done on FN harvest. Therefore it is hard to say how many cows and calfs they take out of the population. If they are so concered about the moose population, they should really be educated before they start pointing the finger at legal resident hunters.

Meanwhile, The guide outfitter (collingwoods) were still able to carry on with their moose/caribou hunts. While resident hunters were handed out evacuation notices.
Collingwoods are in Spatsisi,not the Klappan. Gunner

BromBones
04-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Collingwoods are in Spatsisi,not the Klappan. Gunner

Yes, but residents wanting to access Spatsizi by foot or horseback for an LEH in the park would have come down the Klappan. And there were guys with sheep and goat LEH's in the Spats who got turned away.

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 11:45 AM
It's better (sometimes) to take cow or calf if the cows and calves have a sustainable number for winter range and if the mature bull population is stable but not ready to harvest. Bull moose need to be over three and a half years to dominate and breed a good number of cows and two year old females.
If you look in reg 3 leh in 3-28a and b plus others cow and calf out number the mature bull leh's because of this and do not worry the MOE can go into these areas or any other even tho some of us would be turned around. MOE can go anywhere they need to, helicopters, planes, boats, four by and atv's or horses and feet. So don't doubt the authority of our government or their concern for wild life and people.
Jel .. In touch with the ground there on a hunt hungry like the wolf .. scent and sound lost and found ..

Caribou_lou
04-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Sometimes it is Jelvis. We are not talking about region 3 here. If you have seen the area you'd have a better idea of the sittuation. And if we are taking as many moose that the FN's say we are. Then the moose must be doing really well.
I do question MOE Jelvis. They do alot here in region 6 that makes no sense.

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Might not make sense to you caribou but might make sense to some others.
Region 3 region 6 or 5 and every region is unique in achieving wildlife management objectives one being instead of closing a season completely or shortening seasons the LEH system can be used awarding resident hunters a chance at a lottery or random draw limiting the numbers of hunters according to harvest limitations..or a certain class of animal.
It's crystal clear what the lovely Chief said along with the other lady by her side, " We want an leh system implemented. " Crystal clear on that you tube video. Just because some others don't want leh moose, makes it an issue to deal with, from all user groups in any particular region and M U.
Jel .. right or wrong it has to be negotiated with all users @ the round table

Bluedsteel
04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I have spent every hunting season in that area for the past 13 years and LEH is not at all necessary. There is still an abundance of moose and as residents we don't shoot cows or calfs. The local outfitters in the Dease area take a fair number of moose which go to the US, Germany, and Austria to name a few. Rick Mclean from the Tahl Tan band runs their area near Dease and as nice a guy as he is, he would love to see the LEH system implemented up there because this is about money. When hunters come up from other countries to hunt big game, the last thing they want to do is have to compete with residents. He has full support from the Dease Lake Band. Of course this is not the only reason that they want LEH, they don't want to hunt for their game, they just want it easy and on their door step.

22savage
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
I thought the LEH was used as a management tool when the numbers of animals cuold not sustain an open season, not to appease the the guide outfitters and law breaking natives

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
The lady folk out number males in the Federal Civil Service not yet in the Provincial, so women are in top jobs in the service of other people under their watch.
It's refreshing to see two women in the video taking on the world and it can't be that hard to make a video on youtube so.
Make a video telling the world about this video being all wrong and what not, lol. I dare yah. Then we will get it on here and see if you got some clout, to shout it out, with no doubt, if you can put out on a Youtube video.
I'll critique yah .. better be good! lol ...
Jelly Bear Beans (holdthepork) Fork

BromBones
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Jel .. right or wrong it has to be negotiated with all users @ the round table

Jeliologist -

There is absolutely no need for LEH in that area. Shortening the season slightly, I'd agree with. I'd also agree with, and support, a game check to count moose coming out of the Klappan. I also believe that first nation harvest reporting should be mandatory.

That way there'd be no guesses as to the number of moose harvested, and no arguing over who's taking what. The Klappan has been supporting resident hunters and local natives moose hunting for what, 40 years now? All of the sudden there are none left? Bullshit. I'm in there almost every spring, and count more moose over a 50 km stretch than I can keep track of.

I think Shell should go in and rip up the road repairs they spent millions of $$ on. That way the only ones arguing will be the ones with the resources, or motivation to boat up the Stikine/Klappan, or the guys who want to take a pack string over the pass and swim the river - you know, like it used to be, before us white guys built those roads.:-D

Jelman>> see you on the Klappan>> watch out for the Iskut Band>>>>>

Caribou_lou
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I thought the LEH was used as a management tool when the numbers of animals cuold not sustain an open season, not to appease the the guide outfitters and law breaking natives

Couldn't have put it better myself 22 savage. This guy knows what he's talking about Jel buddy. Just because the "cheif " wants LEH doesn't mean it has to be implemented.

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
No that's very true the Chief, She is in a high position and is doing pretty good from what the video showed and the dark haired lady is telling us, listen to what we are suggesting and we can work this through together..
Bing..Bang .. Boom
Sit down take a look at yourself don't you want to be somebody, somebody to understand and work with the local bands ..klappen yer hands..
Jel ..LEH or GOS? What a mess .. Recreational activities and a sustainable environment .. Balance .. Food .. Social .. Ceremonial purposes .. Sports hunting .. Balance

Ozone
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
All this is about is the FNs getting more for nothing so they can sit back and get fatter off us people that really work for a living.

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I love to see people like that spouting off and telling it right out .. not turning it into a Jerry Springer Show atmosphere, but into a reality show which came into popularity by the first Survivor Show years a go....
Stand in front of a movie camera and make a vid for us explaining in three minutes or under, why we should be Klappen for the Wolfman ...
Use nice scenery for the Jelly beanery .. in the back ground like the ladies did ..
Jel .. Looking forward for your video on Youtube .. Express yourself ..

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Not according to the Chief I knew, he says if you want leh in an area if it's hunting allowed then they go to the Indians first .. if it's due to limited numbers in the herds..Check bottom left corner of front page on the
...Limited Entry Hunting ...
...Regulation Synopsis
.........2010 - 2011
Under the heading .... First Nation Applicants ... it will explain to you .. Crystal ... Clear ...
jel .. Under the Wildlife Act .. Don't blame the messenger .. I didn't make the laws

Shooter
04-18-2010, 08:04 PM
If the Indians want to help conserve the moose, they must have their moose compulsory inspected so the MoE can manage the moose herd. The Indians have to go on LEH too so the harvest is regulated.

BAAAAHAHAHAAAHHHAHA.... you a funny guy.

Trapper
04-18-2010, 08:10 PM
No that's very true the Chief, She is in a high position and is doing pretty good from what the video showed and the dark haired lady is telling us

Now... Jelvis is thinking with he's other head.

Jelvis
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Our moose means we care about the moose in "Our area."
I'm sure you call the animals where you hunt, "My deer or my moose."
It means I will watch where I hunt and if I see something that looks different after thirty years of hunting there you look and see in " Your hunting spot."
Shows a love for an area you hold dear to your heart and memories ..
Jel .. Stay Off My Mountain, ever seen that T-Shirt .. My mountain ..

demlake
04-18-2010, 08:39 PM
It's a bit of a catch-22.

We want "them" to stand up and take care of themselves, but as often as not their first step is to try to limit "our" access to what they see as "their" resources.

And I can understand that. It's ironic to see the odd road-block around here to stop mining exploration, or some-such, while at the same time logging trucks go right through the reserve all winter, night and day, year after year.

I'd be pissed too. (Think maybe in terms of US hunters coming up and killing a high percentage of the game in BC?) And I'd probably be doing more than they are to get what I'd see as my fair share of all that money.

Why so few logging road-blocks? They're part of the industry now. In my town's case, the band has a finger-joint mill in partnership with the other mills in town, the bands have annual cuts, individuals own machines, and run logging shows. So no road-blocks, and people making money, holding jobs, in short, taking care of themselves.

Is there any way to do the same thing with the hunting resources?

Force won't work.

Bluedsteel
04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Just heard a rumor today that there was a FN roadblock in the Toms Lake area keeping hunters out. Anyone know what is happening in that neck of the woods?