PDA

View Full Version : How long to get hunter number?

MichelD
04-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Once someone passes the CORE test and brings the results to a Service BC office, do they get a hunter # right then, or do the results have to be sent to Victoria before the number is issued?

vortex hunter
04-11-2010, 06:34 PM
you get it right when you walk up to the office worker to me five minutes to get mine....

wetcoastwillie
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
You will get your hunter # right there... then you can head strait to your local store and get your licenses.

Futura
04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I just got mine last month.
Once you pass your CORE, you mail the results to BCWF along with $30. BCWF mails you your certificate. You then take this certificate to a BC Service Centre and along with that and proof of BC residency they issue you a BC Hunter number on the spot.

One annoying thing is there is not a BC Service Centre in Victoria. I had to drive to Duncan.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I just got mine last month.
Once you pass your CORE, you mail the results to BCWF along with $30. BCWF mails you your certificate. You then take this certificate to a BC Service Centre and along with that and proof of BC residency they issue you a BC Hunter number on the spot.

One annoying thing is there is not a BC Service Centre in Victoria. I had to drive to Duncan.

this is true ... you dont take your test results to the service center you mail them to BCWF ... I paid the extra 10 bucks to rush the job sent it express post on a monday got my certificate on thursday or friday got my hunter number an hour and a half later (hour and 15 min was standing in line at BC service center)

3kills
04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
my sister just did her core and she didnt pay the extra 10 bucks and she still had her number in like a week

shadow1982
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
They are all right, You can either mail or take your score to BCWF, I took mine to the office located in burnaby, I gave her $30 and she gave me my certificate and then i drove to Maple Ridge i think i gave her $2.50 and got my hunter number from Service Canada, i got them to liminate it. Then i went to International hunting Store and got my licence and tags that i needed. The whole process took me 3 hrs. If you mail it in, it takes you up to 4 weeks, depending on the location