PDA

View Full Version : e-collar recomendations

betteroffishing
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
looking into getting one for my gwp pup . she is pretty obedient , im just a little worried to take her in to the bush without the ability to stop her from chasing down the big black thing moving through the bush ahead of her if need be. she tends not to come at times , treating it like a game instead of a command . its up to a choice between the tri tronics sport combo 3 or the dogtra surestim 7100h. both have the nip feature and the non stimulation { audible } setting , both have the same range 1/2 mile , and both are waterproof . the tritronics has a rechargable reciever , and it looks to have a better { nylon webbing material } collar, but you pay for those extra features , about 50.00 more than the dogtra.

digger dogger
04-11-2010, 06:27 PM
dogtra or tritronics, you cant go wrong!
if all you need it for is, "come here" try a 20'to30' lead. if she doesn't repond immediatly give her a meaningful yank.. try "sit happens" in coquitlam about 500 bux.
good luck.. THE SHOCK DOCTOR. :-)

betteroffishing
04-11-2010, 07:54 PM
tell me more about sit happens , is it a schooling of sorts for dog handlers? or is it a store where i can buy a collar ?? come here isnt all im looking for , but it is the most urgent need. thanks

stixnstones
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
tri tronics.can get from chlliwack dart n tackle or check out prices online.

cavebear
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
in the woods trashbreaker best range

Buck
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I use the Tritronics Upland G3 working great for three years now .Only used it to stop her chasing deer .Solid unit small and handy.Would highly recommend.

digger dogger
04-11-2010, 09:29 PM
sit happens is his company. jeff is his name and i do beleive he is a trainer that trains the handler. my neighbor told me about him 4yrs ago, i ordered a dogtra 1802nc still original rechargable batts.. 604-908-0256 www.sithappensdogtraining.com

Shooter
04-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I picked up the Tritronics sport basic a couple weeks ago and it has been great. First thing I did when i got it was tried it on myself. I tried it on every level so that I know what I am doing on every setting that I put it on.I highly recommend doing this just so you know. After proper conditioning with the collar so far it has been extremely helpful. One of the biggest helps it has been to date was helping to establish the boundaries of our yard. One of the other great features is the audible function. Very quickly I taught him that the audible noise means to come find me. He now will come to me as soon as he hears the beep, regardless of what he is doing which is fantastic. I have had him turn and come back to me in mid retrieve while playing fetch. A VERY useful tool. It has also helped hugely in breaking him from whining and barking in the back of the truck while driving.

All of that being said I believe that close leash training is absolutely not replaced by an e-collar. Teaching the basics still comes first. If yours is not coming back when called then I would suggest going back a step or 2 with the training and ensure that he listens all the time within close range (with a lead on) before extending the range out and expecting success.