PDA

View Full Version : Hunting this weekend

chris
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Im taking my friend on his first hunting trip for the weekend. We were thinking merritt or maybe around tunkwa but Im not sure which one would have less snow right now. I was in the merritt area last weekend and although I saw no bears, access seemed to be pretty good. Has anyone been around tunkwa recently? If so whats the scoop on the weather out that way? Everytime I check the weather it seems to be snowing in all the spots I want to get out too. Anyway we dont care so much about where we go as long as access is good. Its his first trip and getting a bear isnt expected.
thanks chris

doubled
04-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Tunkwa lake cam shows some snow around there still. They got fresh stuff today too.

Darksith
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
still too early for the bears, they will be down low if anywhere

3kills
04-08-2010, 10:31 PM
i have heard of a few bears around here already pokin there head out. but it has been snowin lately so who knows

mr7mm
04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
its tough sleddding around tunkwa the mud is deep on the roads but if you get out and put some miles on the boots you should have a good hunt

marbles67
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I was hunting in squamish and didnt see any sigms,except a ouple of tracks and a few rocks flipped over,no piles of p#$h anywhere must bbe a bit early??I have a question as Im with a fairly exspericend bear hunter but he told me has never seen a bear with worms,after you harvest will you see worms right away???