PDA

View Full Version : Kennetrek Comes Through

Everett
04-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Well a new pair of Kennetreks arrived in the mail yesterday. Took them three months to sort things out but they did right in the end.
I called yesterday afternoon to follow up and was told they wanted me to wear them and see if I had the same problem as they have made some changes. Also told me if they don't work they would refund my money.
Still have the same crappy sole but they said a vibram resole is going to availble soon.
So overall warrenty service was slow but they came through big in the end.

kootenayelkslayer
04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Well a new pair of Kennetreks arrived in the mail yesterday. Took them three months to sort things out but they did right in the end.
I called yesterday afternoon to follow up and was told they wanted me to wear them and see if I had the same problem as they have made some changes. Also told me if they don't work they would refund my money.
Still have the same crappy sole but they said a vibram resole is going to availble soon.
So overall warrenty service was slow but they came through big in the end.

I sent back my Mountain Extremes for the second time in two years and they sent me a pair of the new Guide model...for free :-D. I am pretty happy with that deal.

Krico
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
I'd never pay $530 ($593 taxes in!!!) for any boot. Watch for closeout sales, discontinued item sales etc. and you get the same quality stuff for waaay less...I guess there's almost no item I'd pay full retail for, unless I was in a pinch and had no time to shop around for something that was a must have...but I always try to shop ahead and allow time for the deals to show up.

yukon john
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
If your talking about their mountain extreme then the dealer is losing money on those boots, he probably made his money on the order then is dumping the odd sizes. I know a dealer and also the owner of kenetrek and the dealer cost on mountain extreme is more than 300$

Johnnybear
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Are they a sponser of this site. If not then your post is going to be nuked any minute now. I posted some boots on sale from a non sponsered company and it was gone INSTANTLY.

Elkhound
04-12-2010, 07:39 AM
I posted some boots on sale from a non sponsered company and it was gone INSTANTLY.

Instantly because a mod was online at the time.......if their isnt one then not so instant:wink:

Steeleco
04-12-2010, 07:48 AM
The OP isn't selling boots as your post was, he's reporting on the warranty service he received.

kootenayelkslayer
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I just got their new Mountain Guide model in the mail this morning. They look like they are going to be a wicked boot! I'm pretty confident these boots are going to last alot longer than the Mountain Extremes. They seem to built really tough. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test.

Everett
04-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I just got their new Mountain Guide model in the mail this morning. They look like they are going to be a wicked boot! I'm pretty confident these boots are going to last alot longer than the Mountain Extremes. They seem to built really tough. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test.

Please keep us informed as to how they work out. I figure since the sole on my new pair is the same as the old pair they will be dead by the end of Nov. So they will be headed back right about the same time this year as last.

sheepaholic
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I was thinking of buying apair of the mountain extremes are they worth it or should i look at different boots mostly for sheep and elk hunting