PDA

View Full Version : Bears in Chilliwack

mtnmax
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey guys,

I know you won't give up any secret spots but,,,I am thinking of visiting dad who lives in Chwk. I just got him back into hunting last fall and he is not in touch will the area as far as hunting goes.
Does anybody know if I would be waisting my time if we went up Chwk Lk road looking for blackies?

Thanks for any help.
Mtnmax

ex bc guide
03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
you would have better luck in the boston bar area, I am sure others may say different though,
Mike

DBM
03-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I've seen a few bears in Chilliwack, but I'd say in the spring you'll see 1 or 2 a day road hunting some of the more difficult logging roads up there. Even then no guarantees it'll be a shooter. As far as I'm concerned you'd be wasting your gas.

Foxer
03-19-2006, 04:51 PM
If you're not bound and determined to get a monster or something it isn't bad. I've heard of a few biggies, i saw one monster a few years ago just off the chilliwack forest service road.

And hey - it's just fun to get out :)

lapadat
03-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Max,

I've bear hunted the chwk valley for a few years now and tend to agree with the other posters - there are better areas. Boston Bar isn't too bad either, though I have seen plenty more bears up the Chehalis and Harrison valley's. Give Mystery Creek a try.

Matt

plumbob
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Your better to go up mount woodside in agassiz or up the skagit in hope,you have to get up pretty high on the chilliwack lake road.If you want more info on these areas just pm me.

Steeleco
03-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I know a guy that tried to camp at Larson's bench last spring with a bunch of cub scout's, they left early due to the bears in the area. None huge, but all of them would be tasty!!

ruger#1
03-19-2006, 09:49 PM
you want to hunt bears, hat creek is the place to go. or west of cache creek . and there are lots of them. one evening with the spotting scope i counted nine. then we had one hanging around the camp. so i had to fill out my bear tag.

Fred
03-20-2006, 11:57 PM
There is still a LOT of snow up in the Chilliwack valley and also from the Hope Slide eastward. I just came through from Princeton this am and the snow is pretty deep yet. Fred

ch valley hunter
03-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Chilliwack valley is good late in the season but it totally depends on the snow. You have to wait untill things are green up higher.

Husky7mm
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Small bears, lots of pressure from guys with hounds. Glad I moved to region 4.Try anywhere east or north of Hope.