PDA

View Full Version : May 1&2 Williams Lake 3-D

BowSitter
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Well I and a buddy are going to make the trek from the Island up to this shoot and are going to camp the Sat. night but won't be getting into town till around midnight. So i have two questions, What motel is the closest to the shoot (for Fri night) and what is the address of the grounds the shoot is at?
Thanks....Ron

Bowzone_Mikey
04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
good question ... If its in the cards I will be there as well ...
I seem to think that its at the stampede grounds?

Bow Walker
04-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Real 3-D wanna be's can "smell" their way to a shoot, whether it's noon or midnight.

Oh, I forgot. You're going with Nobby.......

jessbennett
04-07-2010, 10:16 AM
good question ... If its in the cards I will be there as well ...
I seem to think that its at the stampede grounds?

the stampede grounds is where the indoor is held. the outdoor 3-d shoot is at the w.l. sportsmans assoc. rod and gun club on bond lake road. as far as hotels, the overlander is close. the super 8 is also fairly close. most of the hotels are on the south stretch coming into w.l.

Bigbear
04-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Fell's You can Call Me when you get in and I can give you Directions. Kelly(250)-392-7770. Super 8, Lakeside Motel, and The Drumond Lodge . are all on the south end coming into Town.

oldtimer
04-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Will be good to see you again Ron, maybe have time for a wobbly pop after the shooting. Too Bad that Brother of yours can't find his way off the Island. Mike

BowSitter
04-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, I will wear my HBC hat and hope to meet as many other members as possible!
I got directions off the web site so I think we can find the shoot.
Looking forward to a wobbly with you Mike!! :-D
What time do you guys start your shoots and is it a walk on or shot gun start? Thanks again....Ron

Bowzone_Mikey
04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
theres a website ..... how does one get there ?

jessbennett
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, I will wear my HBC hat and hope to meet as many other members as possible!
I got directions off the web site so I think we can find the shoot.
Looking forward to a wobbly with you Mike!! :-D
What time do you guys start your shoots and is it a walk on or shot gun start? Thanks again....Ron

registration at 8 am sat i believe. then on sunday 8a.m. shotgun start.

oldtimer
04-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I believe that Sunday will be flighted as well as the guys are trying to get things set for the provincials and need the practise.
Freakin 4" snow this morning Ron so bring your long woolies. Mike

BowSitter
04-08-2010, 10:21 PM
theres a website ..... how does one get there ?

BZ I googled WL sportsmen association and then clicked on contact us and there was directions there.
4" of snow!!!! we haven't had snow here since the middle of Nov.

oldtimer
04-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Not to worry Ron. It is a beautifull 7 degrees in the sun today :) Just about shorts weather:)

Bow Walker
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Not to worry Ron. It is a beautifull 7 degrees in the sun today :) Just about shorts weather:)

Mike - you ain't seen his legs yet! Don't even mention the word "shorts"...yeeoww! :eek:

BowSitter
04-29-2010, 07:47 AM
See you guy's on Sat.....Ron

oldtimer
04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Ron we will be staying at the Super 8 as I have a problem with my trailer.
Mike

oldtimer
05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Big Congrats to the boys at Willys Puddle. Good shoot, well laid out , bit of a hike as usual but nothing I wasn't prepared for. Good job to Lee, Big Al, Danny and all the rest.
Had a GREAT day shooting with Ron on Sunday and enjoyed the wobbly pops on Saturday nite. Hope that more Island boys will make it up this way.
The ectra "marked yardage" course was a nice treat as well.
Once again Good Job. Mike

BowSitter
05-03-2010, 09:51 PM
It was great to see you again mike and I also had a great day shooting with you, Al and Kelly!!
Sat night's dinner was really good as well!
I thought that both courses were well laid out and quite challenging (read tough as hell). The extra marked yardage targets were a lot of fun and challenging as well.
Will be up for the Provincials in July. So we will have to share some more wobbly's then.....Ron

oldtimer
05-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Yup will see you then Ron. Unfortunately we will not be shooting in the same category. At the provincials there is an "old Fart" category and you don't qualify...........YET !!! although you certainly do qualify for the "fart" part of the category :)... See you there buddy and we will be camping this time. Mike

Bowzone_Mikey
05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I'll keep ya in line at Provincials Ron ;)

I was grumpy that I couldnt come down this last weekend

fricken job always gets in the way

BowSitter
05-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I will look forward to that Mikey, maybe we will get to shoot together. Are you going to be staying at the shoot? I will be staying there I hope. See you then....Ron

Bowzone_Mikey
06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I will look forward to that Mikey, maybe we will get to shoot together. Are you going to be staying at the shoot? I will be staying there I hope. See you then....Ron

Yep will be there provided time off request gets approved ....I am drivin' Marcs old Jeep cherokee pulling an older (15 or so years old) tent trailer with a Golden Retreiver attached to it

BowSitter
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Yep will be there provided time off request gets approved ....I am drivin' Marcs old Jeep cherokee pulling an older (15 or so years old) tent trailer with a Golden Retreiver attached to it

I really hope you let the dog ride in the jeep!!lLOL
Post up if and when you find out about your time off.

Bow Walker
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
i think you two need to get a room together - far from the madding crowds.... :-D :shock: :wink: :-D