PDA

View Full Version : Any Bears around Prince George Yet??

moosinaround
04-05-2010, 08:33 PM
:confused:Anyone seeing any bears around Prince George yet?? Preferrably in the Northwest or Northeast?? Any info to where you seen them would be apreciated!!:confused:moosinaroundandaroundandarou nd!!!

killman
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Nothing yet, drove to Quesnel yesterday, nothing along the highway either.

kgs
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
My daughter saw a huge black bear near honeymoon road and chief lake rd this morning.

Ambush
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Bandstra driver saw one just south of Hixon two weeks ago.

BCbillies
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I thought for sure I would see a bear coming back from Prince Rupert tonight but notta thing! Starting to green up nicely near the coast.

thetackdriver
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Nothing north of town yesterday and I just got back from west of town tonight with nothing either. Theres got to be the odd one out right now though

The Dawg
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
My daughter saw a huge black bear near honeymoon road and chief lake rd this morning.

Sweet...I will be on my porch with my rifle :)

Gauge
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
drove the 100 -200 road around bear lake last saturday and didnt see any.. still fair bit of snow.. got skunked fishing the crooked as well..

hunter#1_300
04-05-2010, 10:13 PM
seen a sow and a cub just south of town in a feild a few weeks ago realy suprised me to see them. whent out blackwater today riding horses but didnt see no bears

moosecaller
04-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Small one up around the airport 3 days ago, right where they cleared all that brush for the airport expansion. I'm guessing the Stonebuck around km 12 is usually good.

Schmaus
04-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I work at bear lake so I drive out there every day. I haven't seen anything yet. Did notice yesterday that the skunk cabbage is coming up, my guess is another two weeks should be good for the Salmon road or the North Fraser.

todbartell
04-06-2010, 01:10 PM
why don't you guys save the gas $, and just ask Jelvis

CanuckShooter
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
None yet between Giscome and PG....you really think Jelvis knows anything about bears????:-D

moosehunter21
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Saw 1 2 weeks ago on Mackenzie highway. 1 about a week earlier than that near Chetwynd. Buddies brother saw a grizzly in town (Mackenzie) wednesday of last week.

LYKTOHUNT
04-06-2010, 02:01 PM
a few sightings in the Quesnel area close to to town. I was out on the 1300 rd off the Barkerville Highway last weekend and it is still very much winter out there

moosinaround
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Excellent!! Good to hear the salmon is opening up! I like to go to the North east, table, anzac, parsnip area, or east down the Bowron/Tumuch! Whats it looking like in these areas?

elkdom
04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
why don't you guys save the gas $, and just ask Jelvis
I neard rumor there was big train wreck north of PG, COAL train hit a HUGE Black Bear!, wrecked 2 Locomotives, stopped the coal train dead in its tracks,,,,,:?

story goes , the BEAR ran away,:wink:

moosinaround
04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I neard rumor there was big train wreck north of PG, COAL train hit a HUGE Black Bear!, wrecked 2 Locomotives, stopped the coal train dead in its tracks,,,,,:?

Need those dam Kryptonite bullets again eh Elkdom!!!:wink:

moosecaller
04-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I find they come out faily early on what I call the Bowron north road just past Purden resort about 5 mins and to the north there is a lot of south facing slopes for the first few kms. I have always seen them in there, also on the Wansa rd. usually loaded there.

elkdom
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Need those dam Kryptonite bullets again eh Elkdom!!!:wink:

I'm not sure about using "Kryptonite bullets" ????:?

but I damm sure wont be hitchin a ride on that coal train anymore!:cry:

Bowzone_Mikey
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Sweet...I will be on my porch with my rifle :)
I'll be in the ditch with my bow :wink:

Bowzone_Mikey
04-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I find they come out faily early on what I call the Bowron north road just past Purden resort about 5 mins and to the north there is a lot of south facing slopes for the first few kms. I have always seen them in there, also on the Wansa rd. usually loaded there.

If its the road that hooks up with the other bowron road (forms a triangle with the west bowron road and the highway ) I have seen many bears in that area fairly early ... I am thinking about headed to Hagen creek on my next set of days off

ianwuzhere
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
i seen one blackie-small but he was out and about near PG on the weekend-region 7-10

moosinaround
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
If its the road that hooks up with the other bowron road (forms a triangle with the west bowron road and the highway ) I have seen many bears in that area fairly early ... I am thinking about headed to Hagen creek on my next set of days off

So how was the Hagen? Did you make it out there Bowzone? I like to hunt up in the Tumuch/Post/Everette area every now and then. Was thinking of taking a trip in to the Hagen!

I took a drive up the Salmon FSR/Teardrop/Docs Lake area with NoahDawg. No bears but lots of wolves!! Moose too!! Still about 2 weeks till it will be HOT bear hunting I figure! I am going to try the higher elevation stuff about mid May I think! Saving my tag for a B&C this year!! Moosin

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
alot of snow ...Bunch of deer ...a couple moose ....seen big dog tracks ... Guy I work with has a cabin near Macgregor , his dad went in looking for Grizz ... and needed the Skidoo

Talked to a buddy that lives down Mcbride timber about an hour ago and he hasnt seen any bear yet ...lots of deer though coming onto his place

CanuckShooter
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
We had a black run across the front meadow a couple of days ago...7-07 Giscome.....

338 winmag
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
alot of snow ...Bunch of deer ...a couple moose ....seen big dog tracks ... Guy I work with has a cabin near Macgregor , his dad went in looking for Grizz ... and needed the Skidoo

Talked to a buddy that lives down Mcbride timber about an hour ago and he hasnt seen any bear yet ...lots of deer though coming onto his place

Saw 2 trucks with sleds heading toward the Mcgregor on Sunday, also had a large boar cross in front of us on the Bowron road but he was too smart to stick around and disappeared into a overgrown cut-block.

.330 Dakota
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Saw 1 2 weeks ago on Mackenzie highway. 1 about a week earlier than that near Chetwynd. Buddies brother saw a grizzly in town (Mackenzie) wednesday of last week.

That one dens in the dumpster behind the gas station

.330 Dakota
04-23-2010, 07:43 AM

Insert in the BS thread please...LOL

Krico
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
I drove all the way to Rupert and back this week (also down to Kitimat) did not see a single bear. I did however lose count of all the goats I spotted.