PDA

View Full Version : How To Choose A Bow

leadpillproductions
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
What do i look for in a bow , draw weight, . how do tell what pull you use .

Bowzone_Mikey
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
go to a shop or someone that knows archery equip ... and they will tell you .... ok they will measure your draw lenth ... picking a weight is trial and error .... that said... not all 70 pound compound bows are equal ... differant cam systems give differant draw curves ... find one thats comfortable for you

04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Definately go to a reputable archery shop and get some advise. As for draw weight, with todays designs, there is no need to pull over 60 lbs to achieve excellent performance. Even 50 lbs would be suitable for any hunting situation you'll encounter.

greybark
04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
:-D If you can go to an INDOOR 3-D event . Watch archers shoot all types of bows then follow up with questions on the ones that impress you .
:wink: The bows are lined up on bow racks and provide a great chance to do side by side comparisons .
Cheers

The Hermit
04-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Help us out a little here... are you thinking about a traditional longbow? A recurve? Or a compound bow, or a crossbow? What do you want to use it for? Is it for you or your 10 year old daughter? Details man details! ;-)

leadpillproductions
04-06-2010, 06:39 AM
compound and its for me shoot stuff with lol

hardnocks
04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Leadpill for a first bow i would recommend a bow with a 7 or 8in bh. And an 33-35in ata . Brands don`t mean much but get a bow that is sold by a local dealer. And i would get a lower end bow with good accesseries . Because chances are once you learn to shoot you will want a better bow. and your good accesseries will fit on your new one.

avoid a high speed low braze short ata....you can get one later