PDA

View Full Version : Testa river outfitters

talver
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Have booked a trip with testa river outfitters for this fall. I was wondering if anyone has done this hunt before. Any info would be great have read some reviews from refference already. But would like to get some more info. Thanks guys.

bridger
04-05-2010, 01:14 PM
haven't hunted with them but have hunted that area on my own several times good moose and elk. nice country ,good outfit you should have a great time.

Big Lew
04-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Are you referring to "Testa Outfitters" or "Tetsa Outfitters"?
Tetsa Outfitters, located east of Laird Hotsprings, was a good, wellknown outfit. The owner running it for many years died 2 winters ago, but his son has it now, I understand, and is a chip off the old block. They have mantained a booth at the Tradex during the Sportsman event the last few years.

proguide66
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Are you referring to "Testa Outfitters" or "Tetsa Outfitters"?
Tetsa Outfitters, located east of Laird Hotsprings, was a good, wellknown outfit. The owner running it for many years died 2 winters ago, but his son has it now, I understand, and is a chip off the old block. They have mantained a booth at the Tradex during the Sportsman event the last few years.
Are you referring to 'Cliff Andrews' ??...he sold his outfit maybe 14 yrs ago wich is situated between the west Tetsa River bridge and goes through towards Ft Nelson north of the highway.
sadly Cliff did pass on . They have been acting as packers not outfitterson both the north and south of the highway in roughly the same area....if this is the area mentioned , yes good moose/elk and I'd apply for a grizz tag!

talver
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
It is cliff Sons that are running it now. There will be four of us going for moose and elk. It's a trip we have been planing for a while and are super exicited about it can't wait. Will be there sept 19 hopefully can hit the rut for both moose and elk while we are up there.

Coming_out_heavy.
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
You will have a great time. Enjoy your trip.

yukon john
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Friends of mine went in with him in the 80's but I believe he hunted a different area then. They took 2 book rams and 2 nice elk. Said it was top knotch and we are talking about going in there in a few years. Good luck, look forward to your pics

Duckman
04-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Sounds really cool-please post up a trip report and some pics when you return!

Big Lew
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, I was referring to "Cliff Andrews", and you're correct, he was working as a packer when I met him and his wonderful wife in 2001. I stopped in on my way through by bicycle in june, before his cabins etc. were open for the season. They went out of their way to hook up a shower, fire up a cabin, and feed me a huge moose steak dinner as well as a great breakfast and packed lunch. I spent several hours with them in their new lodge listening to his great stories....both very nice people. When I got home, I did some research and found that they were top notch, and very experienced.

budismyhorse
04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Extremely friendly people for sure! Just don't try and tell him any jokes, he's heard every one.....;)

Seems like he really knows his horse packing, great stock meant for the country they work in......you won't be dissapointed. Post a story and pics!

Mik
04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Thats a great area, hunted around there last year. Good luck on the hunt.