PDA

View Full Version : young guy vs low down poacher update

yukon john
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM
A while back I posted about a young guy who was invited on a trip with what turned out to be a hardcore poacher so the young guy turned him in http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45491&highlight=poacher
Well they got the on 2 counts, although he had 7 violations they only pressed the 2 they could get him on for sure. The poacher lied a whole lot and tried to get the young guy in trouble but the CO's saw through it and nailed the poacher. Kudos to the dawson creek CO's for their work, I thought they handled the situation perfectly. Its nice when poachers actually get caught.

YJ

303Brit
04-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear it, would have been nice to nail him on all 7. But 2 is better then none, good on the young fella.

Ddog
04-03-2010, 01:16 PM
that is so awesome!! glad to hear the younger hunter stood up and did his part!! He has done a great job and should be told so! if it were up to me there would be an award for his part.
please pass on this message for me: GREAT JOB _________(<--insert name)
congratulations on a job well done, keep up the good work. We all appreciate what you have done!
-----> Daryll

yama49
04-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Great job,glad for him standing up, and doing what is right.

buckguy
04-03-2010, 01:54 PM
It takes a whole lot of gumption to stand up for what is right. Kudos to this young hunter.A very awkward situation for sure, but rest assured it was the right course of action.

d6dan
04-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear at least a few charges stuck. Good for the young man in standing up for what is right!.. "Give that guy a hand shake from me"!!:-D

Jelvis
04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
The Conservation Officers will get you if you dare to poach anything or steal water from creeks for irrigation. We got some tough ones in BC which is fantastic. Men and women.
jel .. back your local Co's and use RAPP .. prepare to go to court to be a witness ..
CO's are cool

madtrapper85
04-04-2010, 01:46 AM
To the young guy awesome man, its hard to stand strong when being threatend, but glad you kept with it and the scum got what was coming to them.

As to Co's good on them to protect the young guy and to follow threw. What was his punishments?!

hunter1947
04-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Anyone out there that can nail a poacher its great news to do so ,CO are a hunters best friends all the time..

tackdriver
04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Congrats to the young fella atta boy there is such a thing as carma and the very best of luck this upcoming season. I hope youve found another partner to help show you the ropes if not you are more than welcome to come with me anytime with a good set of ethics like that.

cheers

Rod

04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Good job!
As i remember in that thread there was some thought that the guy might come after the kid. Was there any trouble in that respect?
Glad to see the kid has the nuts to stand up for what is right.

Poguebilt
04-06-2010, 08:18 AM
good on him!

porcupine
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
What fines or prohibitions did the poacher receive?

Shermdog
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Glad to hear that D bag got 2 charges...better than nothing. Kudos to the young man for standing up to him. Too bad the D bag has to try and threaten him. IF he persists it would be in good interest to possibly involve the RCMP to avoid future issues? Not sure what the CO's can enforce in regards to crimes not involving fish and game etc.

j270wsm
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear he got charged, I just will they would punish them to the max not the minimum, then mabey other would think twice before poaching.

I wrote about a guy from the Elk valley that poached a 195" ram and lost his liscence and firearms for 5yrs and got $6000 in fines, but when you think about how much that ram could have been worth if the tag was auctioned( a guy from the coast paid $200,000+ last year for a chance at a ram that size) then mabey they should have held him to the max fine- which I think is 200,000 or 2 years in jail