PDA

View Full Version : harrison lake hunting conditions

yukon john
04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
For all the guys who bear hunt up harrison lake, I went up the west side today. Didnt see any sign but the grass is growing in places. The road is pretty rough at 50 km on and I almost got high centered at 60kms on a slide. Another two weeks and things should be getting good up there and hopefully the rough road will keep the party crowd out.

YJ

CanadanHirvi
04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I figured on waiting a couple of weeks too. Last year I went out opening day. At least this year there isn't as much snow.

sneg
04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
harrison both east and west were my favourite . now it make me sick.place is overcrowded.last year early April I hold cross hair on black bear about 150 yards from east main froad. But had to wait till 20 or so motobikers passed by, than this guy with girl in Toyota corrolla stop by and asked for direction to hot spring,than another buch stopped to see if I m going to shoot....sometimes i want to take a shovel and make this road 4x4 only.lol....good place for bear... I was there two weeks ago scouting.saw fresh bear couple droppings. Honey holes full skunk cabbage and grass. Agree end of April/early May best time for bear around there.

FishandHunt
04-07-2010, 06:41 AM
My friend and I went up the west side of Harrison lake yesterday to see if I could spot a bear. We also went up to glass an area we like for Muleys. We went to the 50 k mark and turned around. I saw no bears or sign and we hit almost every fork off the main road and also put on a few K on our boots walking. What we did see though were lots of muleys around the 32-33k mark. Was nice to see them there.

pmj
04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the post and info Yukon John. I was trying to figure where the snow was at this year. Last week of April last year I think it was at 600m on the east side of Harrison.

Steeleco
04-07-2010, 02:23 PM
What we did see though were lots of muleys around the 32-33k mark. Was nice to see them there.

Me thinks they we're most likely Blacktails?? Especially on the west side. Remember where you did see them, they don't go too far :wink::wink:

Surrey Boy
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Helps me plan.

natebavis
04-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Went up the Harrison west on an overnighter last wednesday. We were trying to punch through to pemberton but were stopped around 75km by a massive washout. I mean not passable, the whole road is gone. You could get through with a quad if you want. Saw lots of deer but no bears yet. Never been up there before so it was a fun drive. We caught some trout and saw a seal in harrison lake. We talked to some loggers who said the road will be repaired this year.

Brew
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Was up harrison west today. Very nice day. Saw one bear but he was not quite what I was after. I'm holding out for a big one. There coats sure look nice this time of year. Did not see any other tracks or bear crap. Saw one blacktail that was shedding it winter coat. It almost looked like a cow it was so patchy.

xian
04-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Was up Skagit valley way on the 4th. Covered 200km on the quad and walked a bit and say lots of new grass and skunk cabbage coming in but no signs of bear, no scat or prints. Will try the end of the month and see.

eastkoothunter
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I hate to sound like a newbie, but im new to the area and came across a Harrison FSR driving through Rock Creek. Same Harrison by chance?? Thanks.

lip_ripper00
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
I hate to sound like a newbie, but im new to the area and came across a Harrison FSR driving through Rock Creek. Same Harrison by chance?? Thanks.

No, the Harrison LAKE FSR runs North and South on the East and West side of Harrison Lake, hope this helps

kishman
04-29-2010, 10:27 PM
I took my motorbike up there last week to the washout thats closed the road around the 75k mark. I saw 1 Bear, 2 Mulies and 5 or 6 Grouse, all in all a great day. Going to camp up in the Skagit this week and hunt in there, Mt. Hope and the Boston Bar area.