PDA

View Full Version : Coyote control in Abbotsford

mijinkal
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I got a call from a friend last night that has a coyote problem at his farm in Abbotsford, and he asked me if I could come over and help him get rid of a few. The coyotes attacked his dog twice in the past week and have been going after his and the neighbors livestock as well. He got permission to go on the neighbors property and hunt them down if they're there. This is a fairly large piece of land, so shooting near houses won't be a problem. I'm just wondering what the legalities of shooting them in Abby are.

Ddog
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
go for it, did lots of shooting in abbotsford for ducks before i left to the kootenays,,did a ton of bowhunting there to. I am not a 100% clear if you can use a single projectile. check the fraser valley special areas map, and the local bylaws about that.
shotgun was good to go there as well as bows

bc_buckshot
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey PM me and let you know I "did" have the same problem :)

geologist
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
You probably will need that special "I have a Million bucks of house insurance" licence for the Fraser Valley? Or has that been cancelled?

NaStY
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
You will require the special area hunting license and you will also have to make sure the area in question does or doesn't allow firearm use. You may be restricted to bow only or traps...

proguide66
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM
snare the piss outta them!

Shooter
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
A piss extracting snare.......... Sounds really really painful. That'll teach em

afors
04-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Go to hub sports, they should have a map that will show you where you can fire single projectile rifles for a couple of dollars.

pnbrock
04-03-2010, 07:54 AM
follow the 3 s rule!!!!

ruger#1
04-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Use SSG's and have fun.Get a special area map. It is also on the internet. I use a four foot poll with 2 1/2 ft of fishing line atached to a turkey feather. The wind blows the feather around so put a swivel in line. Use a crow call or a rodent squeker.

abbyfireguy
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Shotguns only at best. If coyotes are attacking domestic livestock, farmers are allowed to deal with them. I would suggest calling the local CO's and explaining your location and problem,they will give you the allowable rules .
I used to shoot yotes on my farm in Surrey when they were harrassing my cattle and calves. Mind you, that was 25 years ago and the anti's weren't so strong back then.