PDA

View Full Version : LEH application deadline

Maverick
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Just noticed this on the MOE website

The 2010/2011 Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis is being printed. The hard copy will be available to the public the week of April 19, 2010.

PLEASE NOTE DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED UP
Applications for the 2010/2011 Limited Entry draw MUST be received in Victoria by 4:30 pm May 21, 2010.

Darksith
04-02-2010, 08:16 AM
wasn't the old deadline july 1? Holy shit, that changes everything, but they better put out the synopsis before the deadline. I always like to try and correlate a few different hunts on the same trip if I can.

MichelD
04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
It's been on line since March 26. The old deadline was June 12.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html

Darksith
04-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I mean the hunting/trapping synopsis. And yeah you're right, July 1 is when I used to start to expect the results.

MichelD
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Be nice to see the hunting synopsis early too, you're right.

kidchevy
04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Just picked up the paper copy of the LEH today at my local goverment office. 11 days earlier then they said they would be out.:-D

3kills
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
i know the sports shop in town here said april 15th. i thought some one on here said they already filled theres out and sent them in. i like the earlier deadline but they gotta get them out a bit earlier. and i would like to see the regs out early as well.

30.06 Hunter
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
River Sportsman has the hard copies of the LEH regs. Most likely all other places do as well or soon will. The hunting regs are not out yet.

shantz
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Here is an email that i just received from the Ministry of Environment stating that the 2010/2011 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis will be available in July.

Hello Cody,

The Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis should be available to the public in early July.

We have adopted a new system for notifying hunters and anglers of in-season or recent regulation changes. RSS is an internet-based technology that allows users to sign up for instant web updates. It is a convenient way to be notified of changes to regulations and when synopses come available. To sign up for this new service, visit the Fish and Wildlife Branch website www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/news/ and for hunting regulations changes choose Wildlife and for fishing regulations choose Fish.

Fish & Wildlife
Ministry of Environment

MichelD
04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Then the paper regs are to be released the same as usual.

.330 Dakota
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I cant help but wonder if this is being done to eliminate a few entries.
Unless your'e a die-hard hunter like the guys on this site, you might not be thinking about the fall hunting season in April, while unwrapping your boat.
Is it done to appease the Outfitters etc?

3kills
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
its done to appease the hunters that need to book there holidays so they uped the deadline so that the results will be out sooner

pmj
04-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Picked up mine Thursday April 8 at the Government agent in Maple Ridge. I helped them open the box. They were going to wait until Friday to put them out.

bridger
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
give me a break!! after last years fiasco the bcwf put the pressure on the moe to get the leh program out early so resident hunters could have more time to plan their hunts.. and to give moe some credit they knew something had to change. this is a positive and should be welcomed by the resident hunting community..

I cant help but wonder if this is being done to eliminate a few entries.
Unless your'e a die-hard hunter like the guys on this site, you might not be thinking about the fall hunting season in April, while unwrapping your boat.
Is it done to appease the Outfitters etc?

fishkiller
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
how can you be proud to be a salmon farmer dont you no what your doing to thu wildstocks

Ozone
04-09-2010, 07:52 AM
how can you be proud to be a salmon farmer dont you no what your doing to thu wildstocks

Although this wasnt directed at me, I cant help myself.

Yes we should save the wild salmon by kiling them? Please explain how this works.

Ok back on topic, I applaud moe for getting it out early.