PDA

View Full Version : Spring Grizz in 7-38 for kayjayess

kayjayess
04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Well today was a good day. Picked up my new rifle from Gone Fishing - a Browning X-bolt 300 wm -synthetic stainless - and at the same time bought my 2010 licence, grizz and blackie tags. I appreciate all the help from HBCers on places to go in 7-38. It has been two years prepping for the trip and things are coming together. Still a few final things to purchase and lots more prep work to go but it is all falling into place. I will be hunting the Omineca region for two weeks starting May 24th.

Bigwhiteys (Carl) I have been using your sheep packing list as a loose guide over the past 18 months to collect my gear and have to say you were right on with the Thorlo Trekkers and Hanwags (with Green SuperFeet). I have about 200 kms on the new boots and they are unreal. After my first 12 km hike the only part of my body that felt awesome were my feet.

Thanks to SitkaSpruce, Ron C. Rackmastr, BromBones, Beardy, and a myriad of others for all your help. I have been using Google Earth, my GPS database and topo maps to cross reference all of the info. As always I am open and eager to hear about new spots and any information anyone wishes to impart on me.

Anyway thanks to all and will post from time to time with updates of the 2010 Grizz adventure. Good luck to all on your spring bear and here is hoping that someone anchored a bear of their dreams earlier today, opening morning.

Sitkaspruce
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you have a great plan for a great trip!!

Good luck and remember....Have Fun!!!!!!!

Cheers

SS

Rackmastr
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Good luck on the hunt man!!! If I can lend any other info please make sure you get in touch with me!!! I wish I could be there helping ya out as I love that country and have seen some GREAT bears out that way.

More and more I wish I was a BC resident at times.....I envy the ability to be able to do such an amazing hunt!!

Be safe, have fun, and take a PILE of pics!!!

BromBones
04-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Sounds like you'll be well prepared for the hunt.

Good luck!

Camp Cook
04-02-2010, 08:29 AM
If you cross the Omineca bridge @ 173klm take the next road to your right this is the road to the north end of Williston Lake just before the turn that goes north up the Messalinka River appr 184.5 klm there is a small road on your right go in there you will come to a cabin sitting on the edge of Bonnie Lake.

The old fellow that lives there is a good friend of his name is Werner his native wife's name is Rosie tell him Cam said to stop in.

He will look after you he'll even let you base out of there in other words he'll keep your stuff safe and you can trust him 100%...

CC

kayjayess
04-02-2010, 10:20 AM
CC,

Thanks for the information and we definitely will stop by and pass along your wishes.

Cheers kayjayess

sneg
04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
hey Kayjayess
have a good trip
will see you there
Sneg

Beardy
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Good luck Kayjayess, wish you the best. I would take Cam's advice and would check in with Werner. He is the best, he even lent us a radio to monitor truck traffic (forestry is dead but ore trucks are rampant). He also has all the truck drivers call in when they see big bears, can help you narrow down some decent spots.
B