PDA

View Full Version : having a dog with you hunting

fuzzy
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I am curious as to the legality of having a dog with me bear hunting. i know you cant hunt bears with dogs but this spring i was planning on going for some solo day hikes and maybe an overnighter and i often take a family members dog with me. i dont think i will be " actively" hunting more or less goin for a hike with a gun. is this legal for me to do or am i asking for trouble in more than one way.

thanks

fuzzy

Tuffcity
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Where did you get your info that dogs aren't allowed to be used to bear hunt?

Lots of hound guys running bears with theirs. Take the dog.

RC

Kirby
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
With bears it really don't matter. You can hunt bears with dogs. Go for it. My lab will be accompanying me this bear season. She will stay on a leash and get left with the pack while I go in for the stalk but that's just cause I don't want her chasing bears off to climb up trees, rather just shoot them on the road.

Kirby

shaner338
03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
You can hunt bear with dogs. Lots of houndsmen do. 100% legal.
You can take dogs with you hunting deer even as long as they are leashed.;)

dutchie
03-31-2010, 11:20 PM
I take my dog hunting... he loves it and it is legal :D

SHAKER
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
:confused: who ever told you that you can't hunt bears with dogs is not even close to acurate........ Wouldn't have spent all winter make'n new strike platforms for truck and quad if not.

fuzzy
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
thanks guys

im an idiot for some reason i thought baiting and hunting with dogs was illegal. didnt really make sense to me. thanks for the clarification

thanks

fuzzy

GoatGuy
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Dog comes with for everything other than wt.

shaner338
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
thanks guys

im an idiot for some reason i thought baiting and hunting with dogs was illegal. didnt really make sense to me. thanks for the clarification

thanks

fuzzy

Baiting bears is illegal.:wink: