PDA

View Full Version : best date for griz 7-28

trapman
03-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Looking to see if anyone know how the snow or lack of it in 7-28 . And if anyone would know when the grass may start to grow ,any help would help Thanks Glen

jml11
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Still lots of snow up there, but the melt is on. Our crews are still on snowmobiles up around Chuchi and figure they will be for a few more weeks yet. The area got hammered with a ton of snow in October and November last fall so there really isn't a lack of a snow pack like you might think. I came trough the Pine Pass today (a bit east of there but similar Latitude) and it was snowing hard don't know if it accumulated to much though. It also dumped pretty good in the pass on Monday as well. I may see some guys tomorrow afternoon who have come back from Chuchi area and will try to remember to ask them how the snow levels are looking.

trapman
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks JMl11 any info is great . Seems like the west side of the area may green up a little earlier (fort ST James ) Any info on what side may contain more bears Thanks Glen

.330 Dakota
04-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey Trapman, I have a griz draw for there too and will be heading up the 1st week in May for a scout trip. PM me so I remember to send you a note and I will tell you how it looks. I am heading to Ft St James and straight north to Germansen Lake Rd and then west on that road to glass the slopes in the area.