PDA

View Full Version : Shelter Dogs

kinderdoggin
03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

A friend of mine has been working with a black lab male who is at the Calgary Humane Society (actually, he is in foster care now). He is about 6 years old and already neutered, housetrained, fetches tennis balls, and sounds like quite a nice dog. He seems like an active dog for his age - every now and again there is someone here looking for a new buddy so I thought I'd post this up - a short video of Herbie in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEFy1xzlPM0&feature=youtube_gdata . If you are interested in learning more, I can put you in contact with the lady who has been working with him.

As I was browsing the Calgary shelter's website, I also noticed a purebred-looking pointer and blue tick hound...

~Erin

huntinnewbie
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
If you check the bcspca website you'll also see a GSP in the Penticton shelter and several hounds including one in the Abbotsford shelter.

kinderdoggin
04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Herbie the Lab was adopted yesterday after nearly six months in the system. Thanks to everyone who passed the info along!

~Erin

ruger#1
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
The one hound in Abby is an old fellow. I seen him. There is a sign on his kennel , That reads, Was returned because he wouldn't hunt. The dog has nice colors and is freindly.

Timber-hunt
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=BC167

if your looking to adopt a pointer etc here a good place few people I know got some great hunting dogs out of the there a rescue society lots of the dogs come out of the states rhere in west Van

wolverine
04-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I was at the local animal control yesterday and there was a beautiful male Great Pyrennes in the lock up. Looks to be about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs old. Poor bugger has been there for about a month so they tell me. Don't know how much longer they will keep him but before I see him put down I'll get him and give him a new home for life. They just found him wandering around out in the farm areas. No one in the area knew where he belonged. They figure he was just dumped. What kind of a cold asshole does something like that?

swampthing
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
good to see he found a home. I took a used lab out of the spca in Kamloops a couple years ago. He wasnt a hunter but he was a good dog. I felt good about giving him a new home.