PDA

View Full Version : adams lake grizz?

Buck206
03-29-2010, 06:51 PM
just wonerding if anyone has hunted grizzlys in adams lake before?

jml11
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
just wonerding if anyone has hunted grizzlys in adams lake before?

I don't think there are any grizzlies in Adams Lake :wink:

BCLongshot
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
There are definately Grizz at Adams Lake.

358mag
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
isnt that were Grizzly Adams is from ????

BCLongshot
03-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure

180grainer
03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
This thread is sure off to a bad start...:)

watson721
03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
ive only ever heard of one on the east side of the lake

hardnocks
03-29-2010, 08:33 PM
ive only ever heard of one on the east side of the lake
I have seen several on the plateu. And thats on the east side lots out to tum tum.

Jelvis
03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Upper Adams Lake for grizz in MU 3-37 the road along the upper Adams river ..
Good moose hunting along the upper Adams River so go up there..put in LEH
At least check MU 3-37
jelly ( Grizzly ) Adams and Eves .. don't wear short sleeves leave the bacon at home ..lol..
upper Adams River for good moose and some grizzly barzzzz Watch your back when skinning moose!
Keep rifle very close by!

dana
03-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Seen them as far south as Pisma. You could pretty much run into one anywhere. Seen them low down in the bottom of the Molmich and high up in the upper Cayenne. Harbour, Dudgen, Sunset, and Gold are all good grizz country. But if I were to focus on that unit, I'd be spending my time in Oliver and Cedar and the top of the Fin-Tum. Snowpack is normally the biggest issue in that country though. Typically hunt the southern country until she melts in the north. Years like this, Oliver should be snow-free by May 24.

doubled
03-29-2010, 08:51 PM
There are supposed to be in there. Especially on the north east end past the momich river. On the upper Adams, I have heard that they are on both sides of Tum Tum as well. We use to spray/pick noxious weeds up around there and were constantly warned even though we never saw one.

dana
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Upper Adams Lake for grizz in MU 3-37 the road along the upper Adams river ..
Good moose hunting along the upper Adams River so go up there..put in LEH
At least check MU 3-37
jelly ( Grizzly ) Adams and Eves .. don't wear short sleeves leave the bacon at home ..lol..
upper Adams River for good moose and some grizzly barzzzz Watch your back when skinning moose!
Keep rifle very close by!

Jelly,
You need to read the regs dude. You can't hunt grizz at the same time as moose. No fall grizz in Region 3 dude.

doubled
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Dana, how do you get into the Cayenne Creek area? Is there access from the south?

doubled
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Looking at the fire map, notice there are quite a few roads up past the Momich Lake that takes you up there.

doubled
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.seas.ca/docsnpics/Momich%20Fires%20Sept%201.pdf

Jelvis
03-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Good point always check the current year in the BC MOE Hunting and Trapping Synopsis for open seasons and in both gos or leh
Another thing when in grizz country if you got a moose down always check your back for a wondering horrible isis coming onto you and your bloody kill..you'll be messed up bad ..

dana
03-29-2010, 09:04 PM
The Molmich turns into the Cayenne at 12 km. The upper end of the Cayenne is 50+ km. Because of the fire last year, the Molmich is closed to vehicle traffic. I think the gate is at about 2 km. So the only way up the Cayenne is to go up past Seymour Arm and the Humamilt. You connect back into the Cayenne just past Stukemapten.

wolverine
03-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I didn't hunt them there but ran into one when I was deer hunting up above Scotch Creek not far from Adams Lake. It was a damned big bear too and got way too close. Just proves they're not the killers that they are made out to be. At first Ididn't know he was there and then he started woofing and blowing, more blowing that anything else but with some real definite growls behind it just to let me know he wasn't particularly pleases with me walking up on him. I took my leave fast and when I got down the skidder track and ran into a buddy he took me to a tree with the scratch marks in it that he had just found. They were just about at the 8' mark. Big bear. So griz at Adams Lake? Yeah, I thinks so!!

dana
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Scotch Creek is in the 3-35/3-36 unit. I've heard of guys tagging out fairly close to town. I've hunted black bears on the power line road between Scotch Creek and Seymour Arm numerous times and seen grizz tracks on that road. But if I were to get that unit, I'd be focusing on the Upper Seymour. The Ratchford and the Perry are pretty damn good bets as well.

03-30-2010, 06:51 AM
I use cut plug there for them, a big buck cut at a 45 degree, trolled slow and deep, try the surface in the mornings and evenings.

CT

bad arrow
03-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Whenever I was up there working as a faller you had to keep an eye out, Cayenne, Seymour arm, and especially the Perry river area had tracks and grizz sign, lots of blacks in there too.