PDA

View Full Version : New to hunting

cblock
03-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Well, I have a silly, however being a new hunter, kind of a needed question answered.

How does one cancel their species tag?
Is it just a matter of clipping the pager where the species tag is on or?
and do I what do I stick to the animal ?

anyway, I know for all you experienced hunters its a silly question, but just something I need answered.
Thanks

The Dawg
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the addiction :)

Yes, you just need to clip the page where the tag is. Date, region, etc.

Nothing is attached to the animal in BC.

lip_ripper00
03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes, and you need proof of sex, try not to smile when your buddy takes the picture:mrgreen:

Shooter
03-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Well here is a pic of a species tag canceled off. I believe this to be completely correct and in fact I did have co's check me twice last year and congratulate me on the kill, however after posting this pic up here before I did recieve at least one pm from someone that complained I didn't do it right. Some people say that you need to ensure that they are cut COMPLETEY out along the lines. I agree to a point. I have heard of people getting charged for just cutting a line into to correct place. I always ensure that there is a visible chunk missing in the right place ie: days of the month / month / region.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/tnlpinkney/P1020089.jpg

cblock
03-28-2010, 11:06 PM
thats cool, ok thanks so much guys..
Ya I had just passed my core over the weekend so I am stoked to go out.

Thanks again

The Dawg
03-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Congrats- where are you located, and what are you going to be going after for your first animal?

ANNNNNNNDDD........its a requirement of all newbies to post a joke :)

cblock
03-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Im in Kelowna, looking at going for turkeys for my first hunt, but cannot wait for fall for the deer season, have a few of my own spots I wanna scout out.

hmmm joke, cant think of one at the moment but ill have to get back to ya. haha

Crazy.kayaker
03-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the best addiction in the world. Hope your single or have a very understanding other half.

Evolution
03-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Well here is a pic of a species tag canceled off. I believe this to be completely correct and in fact I did have co's check me twice last year and congratulate me on the kill, however after posting this pic up here before I did recieve at least one pm from someone that complained I didn't do it right. Some people say that you need to ensure that they are cut COMPLETEY out along the lines. I agree to a point. I have heard of people getting charged for just cutting a line into to correct place. I always ensure that there is a visible chunk missing in the right place ie: days of the month / month / region.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee38/tnlpinkney/P1020089.jpg
How many drinks did you have to buy her before you were able to cut that tag?:-D

Caveman
03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Congrats on the CORE. I assume you've sent your paper work to BCWF to give you the blessing to go to the Government Offices to get your Hunter Card. You'll need that before you can get your license. Could take some time in the snail mail, so if you can courier it to speed things up, Turkey season isn't far off

BiG Boar
03-29-2010, 06:54 AM
You forgot to cut out antlerless.

sparkes3
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
that tag looks good to me as there is no way to mistake the cuts but if you met a c o with a chip he/she would probally give you some grief because your supposed to remove all paper between the lines indicating region /date and antlered/antlerless if it necessary.it would be a waste of time for anyone to complain about the one you cut.
but im sure lots of c o's have seen tags that were not cut right or just slices made to try to cover up wrong areas or dates.

cblock
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM
hahah, ya im single... suppose thats good and bad lol

I priority mailed it so they should have it by tuesday.

Shooter
03-29-2010, 01:11 PM
How many drinks did you have to buy her before you were able to cut that tag?:-D

Hahaha.. if it was that kinda cougar I would have definitely had to cut the antlered section out cus we all know women can grow horns.:twisted:

cblock
03-29-2010, 03:29 PM
ok so here's my joke..

two farmers are BS'n with each other about their land, the first farmer says, " I could get in my truck and drive all day and not reach the end of my land..."
The second farmer says " ya I have a truck just like that..."

Caveman
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I priority mailed it so they should have it by tuesday.

Good Thinking!!
I just got back from the local Service BC office with my son. He now has his Hunter # and is readsy to go. 7 days since he passed his exam! :mrgreen: