PDA

View Full Version : Trail Cam Theft

proguide66
03-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I just bought a new trail cam while down south.It has a gps sending unit that transmits your photos to the internet...you can as well change the settings on your trail cam from your computor!!:shock::shock:..as well , you can go on google earth and it will show a blinker on the map where your trail cam is!!..verrry cool , cant wait to use it..it as well cost me under 400$..
Might be a thought for you guys who have had bad luck with thieves .I dont have a problem running into other people where I hunt but if it WERE to be stolen , their faces would be photograghed and sent to my computor the instant they walked up to it...also , if they were to turn it back on when they got home with it google earth would let me know where it was :twisted:

358mag
03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
What make + model of trail cam ??

Spy
03-28-2010, 06:49 PM

x2 Model would help the search for the perfect trail cam.I really would like to purchase one.

Shooter
03-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I had one like it but traded it in after I realized it was based on the AT&T network not available here. Also required a $30 a month minimum subscription. I love the idea tho and if it would be more available here I may think about it. It costs more than $30 a month running out and checking them all the time.

Shooter
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
The one I had was the Moultrie I65

TyTy
03-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Please, do tell,

mark
03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
It will be cool when these units become more popular.....thieves steal them.....then you, and 5 thug buddies, show up at sh!t-rats house at midnight.....excuse me...but I believe you have something of mine! :twisted: After a while thieves wont know which cams have that GPS function built in, and they will be afraid to steal them!

Im also curios what kind of monthly fees are attached to the unit????

Ive wanted one of them toys since I first heard of them!

yamadirt 426
03-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Why would you not post the model # crazy man? Must be trying to sell them here or something.

ChilliwackWinchester
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
the monthly fee is pretty steep on those, and they have to be in an area that has cellular coverage. I was very interested in one of those until I found out it won't work in my regular haunt.

proguide66
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Why would you not post the model # crazy man? Must be trying to sell them here or something.
I'm en route home jumping airport to airport.....it is the AT&E one/
....my american hunter said he would buy the gps unit back off me if it doesnt work in BC...shit , it better!!!..its checked in my luggage , will dig out the name and post later.....( I bought a few different names of trail cams while down here)

proguide66
03-29-2010, 01:40 PM
the monthly fee is pretty steep on those, and they have to be in an area that has cellular coverage. I was very interested in one of those until I found out it won't work in my regular haunt.
Theres cell srevice in a couple of my favorite haunts...I'd pay the monthly fee in a second due to how tough it is to get up there..and as well to keep my tracks from going in there to check cams...I know we have ATT here...hope it works. My US freinds have em up in 2 different states , its pretty cool.

todbartell
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
hey Steve can you follow up with this thread and update us if it works?

4pointer91
11-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Yah, set up camp where there's cell service, have 3 or 4 of these cameras set up, have your laptop along with you and scan camera pics until something appears! Does this sound like hunting? ha, ha!

dougan
11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I feel really bad for you fellas that loose property paid for with hard urned money just to have some dousch bag take it.Sorry to hear this.

M@B
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.corp.att.com/canada/news/network_expansion.html

Sounds like it'll work in Canada...

Jelvis
11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Does it do the dishes too?
Jel

MichaelB
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
If no one stole my cameras what would I make threads about?:confused:

Let us know how it works!

seatoskymiles
11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
If it was one of these units the thread would be about what happened after the police caught them, or.......

Bill Dance
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
You can check out the camera here. It sounds to good to be true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYCJFSSWks

budismyhorse
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
You can check out the camera here. It sounds to good to be true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYCJFSSWks

They predicted this day would come and now its here. Guys get to sit at home in their sweats until the buck or ram of their dreams shows up to X patch or basin..............

They'll have a seperate listing in the record books in the future for "Techno-Gizmo-Kills".

But for the original intent of the thread, seems like a fool-proof method to prevent your game cam from being stolen.

pearljam
11-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Cool idea but what stops a guy from stealing the camera and leaving the sending unit attached to a tree??????? The camera would still work...

I was looking at getting a game camera but the continual threads about them being stole has stopped that idea...

Th0r
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Just wear your grim reaper outfit and store it at a friends house in Maple Ridge:mrgreen::-D