PDA

View Full Version : LEH Question/s here

NoLimit99
03-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Well I've been reading the leh for 2010/2011 friendly note " I've had a few to drink it's ufc 111 I'm sure you understand", and I thought I read 1 card per species per person so what I got out of this is if you wanted to hunt for a moose no matter the region you can only send in one draw card for that species for this years draw because any other cards sent in will be null and void. Or am I reading this wrong.

Bear Chaser
03-27-2010, 11:20 PM
As far as I know it has always been one draw card per species on all of the regular LEH draws. The lone exception to this that I am aware of was the now discontinued Special Sheep tag that you could purchase as many cards as you wanted for that particular draw.

NoLimit99
03-27-2010, 11:25 PM
As far as I know it has always been one draw card per species on all of the regular LEH draws. The lone exception to this that I am aware of was the now discontinued Special Sheep tag that you could purchase as many cards as you wanted for that particular draw.

so draws would be void if I did a deer draw for one region and another draw for a deer in a totally other region? it would be only 1 draw no matter the region correct?

Kirby
03-27-2010, 11:38 PM
You can only apply for a species once(one card)...

2 exceptions
the now discontinued special permit... buy as many as you want.
Early season sheep draw, if you failed to draw for the early season thinhorn draw in reg 6 you could re-apply for the later big horn draws. However if you are successful then you can't also apply for bighorn in the later draw.

If you put in two cards for mule deer doe in different regions your not gonna get put in for both. Your gonna get a phone call from Victoria asking you which one you want, or maybe both cards will be thrown out as they can't both be run.

Also if you put in your first choice odds for mule deer your second choice MUST also be mule deer. Not another species. Same for moose, elk etc etc.

Kirby

NoLimit99
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
You can only apply for a species once(one card)...

2 exceptions
the now discontinued special permit... buy as many as you want.
Early season sheep draw, if you failed to draw for the early season thinhorn draw in reg 6 you could re-apply for the later big horn draws. However if you are successful then you can't also apply for bighorn in the later draw.

If you put in two cards for mule deer doe in different regions your not gonna get put in for both. Your gonna get a phone call from Victoria asking you which one you want, or maybe both cards will be thrown out as they can't both be run.

Also if you put in your first choice odds for mule deer your second choice MUST also be mule deer. Not another species. Same for moose, elk etc etc.

Kirby

Big thanks question now answered and understood....

dana
03-28-2010, 08:19 AM
If you notice in this year's regs, they have stated there will be no phone calls to fix errors on your cards. We, the hunters have bitched every year about how long it takes them to do the draw. The MOE has heard us loud and clear this year. They say 1 in 4 cards were filled out wrong in the past. That is freakin pathetic. If we want our draws done in a timely fashion then those cards need to be tossed! This will of course bring down the odds and make it easier for those that fill them out correctly to get a draw. That is the way it should be! It is not rocket science to fill these things out. If you screw up, either you are a dumb ass or you just don't care. We shouldn't cater to these people any longer. If you want to be in the draw, FILL THEM OUT CORRECTLY!

So to answer your question, if you fill out 2 cards for a single species, I would expect this year both cards get tossed. It is clear in the regs that you are only allowed 1 card per species. Either you can't read, you are a dumbass, or you are trying to beat the system by putting in more than 1 card. If you can't read, best to find someone who can to fill out your cards for you.

greasysidedown
03-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Dana.....You are correct as usual, and to the point. As it should be.

mainland hunter
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
[quote=dana;650329]If you notice in this year's regs, they have stated there will be no phone calls to fix errors on your cards. We, the hunters have bitched every year about how long it takes them to do the draw. The MOE has heard us loud and clear this year. They say 1 in 4 cards were filled out wrong in the past. That is freakin pathetic. If we want our draws done in a timely fashion then those cards need to be tossed! This will of course bring down the odds and make it easier for those that fill them out correctly to get a draw. That is the way it should be! It is not rocket science to fill these things out. If you screw up, either you are a dumb ass or you just don't care. We shouldn't cater to these people any longer. If you want to be in the draw, FILL THEM OUT CORRECTLY![quote]

X2
It's about time, I've never understood why they go to this effort to fix careless errors.

quadrakid
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
If one in four applications were turfed for being filled out improperly it should make for some big changes in the odds. It will also create an uproar from all the people whose application were turfed. You can bet they will want an explanation. People who don,t receive results for an improperly filled out card will SURELY be assuming it was a government mistake.Could be interesting. I for one agree,turf the mistakes.

Kirby
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
It will also create an uproar from all the people whose application were turfed. You can bet they will want an explanation. People who don,t receive results for an improperly filled out card will SURELY be assuming it was a government mistake.

And that would be why you don't turf it.

Or how about somebody puts down their hunter number fills out the card correctly, another guy makes the mistake of putting down his hunter number but transposes a numbers...

so now you have 2 cards with the same hunter number... one guy didn't do anything wrong should his be thrown out?

Kirby

Darksith
03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
last year it stated in the regs that if you put in twice for the same species, the last entry would be the 1 that got put in for the draws, all apps prior to that would get turfed.

To answer the question above from kirby. Your name and hunter number go on the card, so they will know who screwed up the card and turf that 1. If the name don't match the number....see ya. No one that fills them out properly will get a turfed card. And if you wanna be safe and make sure the MOE does their job properly, take a pic of your card before you send it, so when they say you screwed it up or you don't get a letter saying yay or nay, you can either prove that it was their mistake or realize you are dumb!

BiG Boar
03-29-2010, 08:54 AM
They won't be turfing cards from what I understand. I believe it is group hunts that people tend to screw up so instead of calling them they will be entered as singles. This will actually bring down others odds. And more tags then ever will go unused!!!! Well my buddies didn't get thiers so I'm not going alone. Instead of fixing it this will make it even worse!!!

GoatGuy
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
You can put as many LEH applications per species in as you want.

Only one per species will be entered in the draw.

cyalatte
03-29-2010, 09:07 AM
There would be so many more few mistakes if the whole draw process was done online through a form system. I'm sure it's been brought up before and it's not like magic or re-inventing the wheel...and I'm sure they are thinking the same thing, just wondering why it hasn't happened yet. No more postal issues, crummy hand writing, etc.

sparkes3
03-29-2010, 09:16 AM
any tags that are filled out wrong should be sent back after the draw

Darksith
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
any tags that are filled out wrong should be sent back after the draw
thats a good idea.

David Heitsman
03-30-2010, 09:29 PM
When will BC join the 21st century and make the regs online? We could do the Special Sheep and Elk online last year so why not the rest?

There are no errors on any of the US states I put in for online. You enter your name or sportsman's ID (Hunter#) and it 'form fills' the rest. Leave your credit card info if different from the year prior and sign off and wait for your rejection notice! I just got my 'dear john' for Nevada tonight. Too bad as I've seen some mongo deer down there.

I did have one problem once back in maybe 06 with a Wyoming Muley party hunt that I subscribed to and we did get drawn but my application didn't get processed properly. I didn't notice my credit card didn't show Wyoming deer amongst all the applications I had made otherwise I could have re-applied. They told me I hadn't used the check out cart properly when I inquired.

hunter1947
03-31-2010, 03:48 AM
One LEH for one species thats it..