PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile house newbee

100milehousehunter
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
hey guys i have a cabin up at bowers lake which is close to needa,deka and sheridan just went hunting for the first time last year made couple trips up there and im now totally addicted love fishing and my dads buddy told me ill love hunting even more and im excited to get out bought a gun at tradex got a .300 browning bought some 160 gr fusion bullets been to the range just need some half decent binoculars looking at leupold mojave's any info on them? also no the area very good any tips on scouting besides bedding and crap? im a young guy that doesnt mind walking in the bush anybody who knows the area good willing to help me get my first buck this year would greatly be appreciated

p.s anyone no wut weather has been like or if ice is close to comin off lake

thx

MOOSE MILK
03-26-2010, 02:01 AM
I just bought Majave,s 12x50 and love 'em.
Learn to sit and be quiet, and walk slow and be quiet.

bridger
03-26-2010, 02:45 AM
spend as much time as you can year round observing wildlife and watch there habits etc. do as much scouting as you can in the area you hunt. get to learn the habitat etc. learning to hunt is sometimes as much fun as hunting.

hunter1947
03-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I agree with bridger on what he said ,welcome to the forum http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..

bowhunterbruce
03-26-2010, 06:11 AM
like others have said,its all about being one with the enviroment and enjoying everything nature has to offer.as a newbie here there is a required joke your gonna need to tell us all
welcome anyways
bruce

NaStY
03-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the site. If you do a search, you will find loads of information.

Just remember it wont be as easy as you may think. There is so much to learn. But if you keep at it and maybe get the chance to go with someone that can teach you. Thats when the fun will begin...

03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
There are some good bucks up your way, learn your back roads and terrain well, listen to any one willing to help you. Always put in your LEH draws for moose and deer. Good bears your way too. Bird hunting also if your into it, both upland and waterfowl.

BUT , before we go any further, the moderators of the site will demand a joke from your first posting or your TOAST.

Good luck to you.

CT

hillclimber
03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty familiar with the are your talking about. Been going to Needa Lake for the last few years for a fishing and dirtbiking. Don't really hunt in the area, don't see too many deer there usually but there are some around.:-D As far as ice conditions I was at sheridan earlier this week and there was still over 1ft of ice but the shores were slowly starting to break off. Around Bowers there should still be some snow on the ground I would think.

coach
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
The deer up there are really big - not sure a .300 will be enough. Very good area for deer early in the season. Moose population is getting better every year - make sure you put in for LEH. Spend your time scouting this summer and you will know where you want to be on opening day. Lots of great lakes to explore in that area. Once you tell your first joke, I'm sure more people will want to help you out.

Billyisgr8
03-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Which cabin are you from? The far north one? Was it your dad that passed away last summer from the blood clot? If it was, my condolences...I was there when he went back home after some of the guys helped him out with the big tree. I'm jumping to conclusions, but you said young guy, and knowing most of the cabin owners, that narrows it down as to which cabin is owned by a younger guy, well unless you bought the red cabin, and I stayed in your upstairs the May long weekend with everyone else for the Lobster fest.

If you bump into any of the guys up there who are cabin owners, most of them are hunters and can show you the "GOOD" spots, or at least let you know where they are. I have seen so many bucks at the waters edge I would be hanging around the road closest to the lake between the cabins and the northern campground. Just watch out for me though, cause thats where I'm going too.