PDA

View Full Version : close enough or what?

brock77
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
looking through you tube for bow hunting bears (i'm bored) and found this, not a bear but still damn, I'm sure this guys heart was about to come out of his chest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2qe4x5vavI

bighornbob
03-25-2010, 07:27 PM
I am the elk took off when he smelled the shat in the guys pants:mrgreen:

BHB

bowhunterbruce
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
ive accually seen the full video of this hunt,the bull came in fast and hard and last second made a slight turn towards the hunter and came to a halt.the bull looked around for over a mintue before he looked down ,i believe the hunter must have blinked because when the bull wheels and starts to take off the hunter was still perfectly motionless.
the guy at that point came to full draw and his buddies called the bull again but he never offered a good shot.

boyd050
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I've had that exact experience a few years back up rome creek, the bull, a 3 point came down off a burn after I bugled and cow called him from aobut a mile up, he actually put his nose about 1 inch from my shoulder , it was an incredible experience to bring one in like this, My partner at the time was mike the owner of the ABC restaurant, we still laugh about how exciting that was when we run into each other. and the best part, he was a couple days from legal, but if he had been, it would never have been as awesome an experience cause I probably would have taken him way before he got to me. so I'm glad it was what it was... never forget it that's for sure.!!!!! makes me smile even now.... that's hunting!!!!!

Rock Doctor
03-25-2010, 07:59 PM
From a Wayne Carlton vid, isn't it?

mark
03-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Thast an awesome clip! Ive been 10 feet from a bull elk twice, thats a pretty good rush!
heres another good one! Elk hunting rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5id5JAOCU&NR=1

lilhoss
03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
From a Wayne Carlton vid, isn't it?
yup,that's him .Don't move,or you may have a cross-breed by mistake!lol.