PDA

View Full Version : Goat Hunting around Williston Lake

zurevins
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Hello, I am a University student and recently got a job in Chetwynd working for West Fraser as a Forestry summer student and am looking to do a goat hunt at the end of summer. Does anyone have much experience hunting goats around the East side of Williston lake and North of the Peace River? Is there much road access to areas where one can hike up to some of the peaks? Any info on the area would be much appreciated.

kennyj
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Check it out on Google earth.
kenny

ufishifish2
03-26-2010, 07:27 AM
You poor *******. I have far more important information for you than the hunting that you are asking about. Get out of forestry now before it's too late. There is still hope for you because you are still a University student and still know how to learn. Get out, get out!!!!
Best of luck Goat hunting.

bridger
03-26-2010, 07:50 AM
contact the moe is either fort st john or prince george

moosinaround
03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
When you are flying around this summer take a peek on the mountain tops. You can multi task can't you??!! LOL Moosin

03-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Lots of goats....lots of work getting to goats

BCHunterFSJ
03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Lots of goats....lots of work getting to goats

I can vouch for that!
That being said, however, isn't getting to the goats always hard...

tufferthandug
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
East end? You have your work cut out for you!

Jim Prawn
03-26-2010, 11:28 PM
University huh? Been there done that - degrees in biology and economics, been a carpenter for ten years now. My experience with goats is you have to look at about 50 before you see one in a spot you can actually get to. Take a range finder, some rope and a good hunting buddy! All that said, if you pull a goat out of them thar hills it will be a memorable hunt. Good luck, and dont forget to post your pics, goat or no goat!
J.Prawn.

zurevins
03-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I guess I will just have to see what areas I can get some info on and giver a try! It will be fun no doubt.

.330 Dakota
03-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Invest in a good frame pack and enjoy the view, dont forget the Power Bars, they are tastey when your up there.

gbear
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I haven't spent much time north of the Peace Arm, so I can't help you out there. South of Peace Arm are some areas with LEH, and they all are good ones if you decide to put in. I could give you some tips on that if you decide to do that.

Working for West Faser, you will be working with a guy that has incredible knowledge of this area and knows every mountain and all the spots with wildlife. He's worked in this area his whole career. Once you start, get to know him. It won't be hard to figure out who he is.