PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna Rivers

elkrub
03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are many rivers around kelowna to put a jet boat in.We may be moving there. Hoping there are some places to explore by river, maybe for some elk hunting too.
Dave

doubled
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Sorry to say this but I do not know of one river suitable for this around Kelowna. Mission Creek is too fragile not to mention too low.

sparkymacker
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
That is an easy question to answer.........none.

dave_fras
03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
shuswap is all i can think of .... like an hour and a half to enderby

goatdancer
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
There are no rivers where you can go elk hunting in the Kelowna area.

watson721
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I agree with Fras on this one and there probably wouldn't be any good elk hunting of that river anyways. but maybe for some big bruins

Lillypuff
03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
none lol good luck

mark
03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Sorry to say this but I do not know of one river suitable for this around Kelowna. Mission Creek is too fragile not to mention too low.

Actually Ive run a 20' river boat up that cr. into the rutland area,windsheild frame removed to clear the bridges and just the right water level though!

Also run the east, and west kettle river, theres elk there, but water levels are too low by hunting season.

The shuswap river is the best river for playing around in, starts out very easy, gets faster and more rapids the higher ya go.
At the right water level, with the right boat and driver, one can make it right into mabel lake. I only know of myself and 1 other boater that has done it though!

The fraser and thompson rivers are 2 hours away, but like the boys said, theres no elk hunting to be done by boat here! No great hunting from any of those places actually! :icon_frow

GoatGuy
03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Actually Ive run a 20' river boat up that cr. into the rutland area,windsheild frame removed to clear the bridges and just the right water level though!

Also run the east, and west kettle river, theres elk there, but water levels are too low by hunting season.

The shuswap river is the best river for playing around in, starts out very easy, gets faster and more rapids the higher ya go.
At the right water level, with the right boat and driver, one can make it right into mabel lake. I only know of myself and 1 other boater that has done it though!

The fraser and thompson rivers are 2 hours away, but like the boys said, theres no elk hunting to be done by boat here! No great hunting from any of those places actually! :icon_frow

Good hunting for bikinis in July and August.

sparkymacker
03-26-2010, 08:27 AM

You must have gotten some strange looks from the folks on the Greenway running a jet boat up Mission Creek.:mrgreen:

elkrub
03-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys, just looking for some rivers to play around in. How about walleye fishing on the Columbia? Can you get to some good walleye fishing by entering the US, Via river? What kind of fish are in the fraser and thompson rivers?
Thanks for all your input
Dave

mark
03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
You must have gotten some strange looks from the folks on the Greenway running a jet boat up Mission Creek.:mrgreen:

You bet, nearly hosed the patio at cr. side pub :-D, got stuck on a gravel bar higher up.....nobody wadded out to help me :icon_frow

.300WSMImpact!
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
ya good walleye in columbia, just as good on the canada side, I plan a trip or two out there this year, if you need some weight in your boat ;), i know just the guy

eastkoot
03-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Try Mill Creek, runs right thru Kelowna, lots of curves and a few low hanging trees but the elk hunting is great..