PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for a goat or moose hunt....swap?

Rackmastr
03-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey Guys,

I am an Alberta resident who hunts southern Alberta through to Northern AB for mule deer, whitetails, elk, sheep, antelope, etc, etc.....

I used to guide in BC up north of Mackenzie, and now I'm looking to find a way to kill a goat out there in BC, possibly with a hunter-host type deal or a swap hunt. I would also be willing to look at any possibilities on moose or caribou, with goat being the tops.

A big mountain grizz is the highest on my list, but that will have to wait till one day I can afford it or else I move across the mountains to BC...

In return, I can offer very good antelope hunting (need draw), northern whitetail hunting, southern mule deer hunting with bow or rifle, very good waterfowl and upland, and could talk about different options, etc

Anyone interested toss me a PM....

Rackmastr
04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Still tossing around ideas.....anyone else have any ideas?

pappy
04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
sounds interesting to me, but not this year, I knocked up my wife so I'll be not making any major plans too soon. I'm in fort st john. How would I go about the antelope draw? Just to get ideas on how we can help each other out.

Rackmastr
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
The antelope draw will take place in early June. Unfortunatly, for a rifle hunt it will take 6 years or so to draw a tag.

I can offer a bowhunt pretty easily for them, and willing to talk about details on other species....

eastkoot
04-30-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking without a guide outfitter or a "relative" to hunt with your SOL.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-30-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm thinking without a guide outfitter or a "relative" to hunt with your SOL.

Not in BC. Just need to go through the process of being a hunter host. As long as the person is a Canadian Resident. As an example.....Springer and Andy came out a few yrs ago and went caribou hunting with srupp.
A bit of paperwork and planning ahead is all it takes.

SSS

eastkoot
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Whoops, guess I'm wrong again!! Slap my ass and call me Alice..

Rackmastr
04-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Now all I need to do is find the right person to set something up!!

If a current work plan doesnt work out I'll be pushing for my transfer over there a lot harder.