PDA

View Full Version : Ticks

.300WSMImpact!
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I went out today shed hunting in the Okanagon mountain park, I found a less than week old deer kill, I am guessing cougar, nothing left but one leg that was 40 yards away, one half of the lower jaw bone and hair, and oh ya the best part ticks! I had five of them on me, my question is, with the mild winter is everyone finding that they are getting more ticks this year, or is this normal for this area and time of year?

thanks

Jelvis
03-21-2010, 05:01 PM
This is when they come out in Kamloops each year in March and if you find dead animals especially moose, they can have hundreds falling off around the dead animals body..

.300WSMImpact!
03-21-2010, 05:08 PM
that is what I thought I got them from around the kill site

Jelvis
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
If you find a dead moose .. don't hang around it .. thousands of crawling blood suckers on the ground around it, you can see them moving on the ground around the dead moose ... creepy crawlers ... up your pant legs ..

rocksteady
03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
[quote=Jelvis;646623]If you find a dead moose .. don't hang around it .. thousands of crawling blood suckers on the ground around it, you can see them moving on the ground around the dead moose ... creepy crawlers ... up your pant legs .....then up to higher, harrier more humid ground :wink::wink: then they bury their skulls into your skin and start draining your blood....

And let's not forget the Lyme's Disease Potential or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.. I hate ticks, whenever I am out in the spring and think about it I start to itch and feel things moving in my hair, so out comes the clippers with the #1 foot attached.......Take that you little buggers....Can't hide in a clearcut !!!!

.300WSMImpact!
03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
up to ten now, keep finding them

Jelvis
03-21-2010, 07:07 PM
300 check inside your belly button they like go there, if you get weak or dizzy with some little sick feeling one could be inside and biting, I had one on me for a week did'nt know it till I got a little queezey. Took a q-tip and popped it out and he had some blood. Neck is another that they like just by the hairline. Wear pant legs in socks, long sleeved shirt, hat and light colored clothes so you can see them. Shake clothes out after coming back to car. Check at home and have a hot bath.
jel -- in the nick of time .. tick tock tick .. creepy crawlers ..

knockturnal
03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Ticks are horrible this year. Been out climbing lots and have had quite a few on me