PDA

View Full Version : whats your best bear recipe?

cavebear
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I have always gone with the sausages, very heavy in garlic and blackpepper, and little cayenne for heat. Never been one for adding other meats.

So whats your favorite recipe lets make this a bear season cook book?:-D

dana
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Dog Food. :)

Pioneerman
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
I just like my roast in the slow cooker, steaks and burgers on the bbq. I did get some peperoni a couple times and it was very good too.

bruin
03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Donation to the annual fish and game banquet! J/k. I haven't killed one for myself in several years. I think I'd probably do same as Cavebear.

cavebear
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
I just like my roast in the slow cooker, steaks and burgers on the bbq. I did get some peperoni a couple times and it was very good too.

what temperature? I like my meats medium rare never tried a bear steak?

guntech
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Is it the bear meat or the worms that taste so good?

I often see threads about bear meat... and not many mention the meat must be well cooked, not medium rare - but well done. The worms require that heat to be killed. New comers may not know that... be warned, it can kill you.

Moose Guide
03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Dog Food. :)

dog hater:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dayto
03-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Get the Hams smoked , throw them in a Oven dish fill half full with apple juice throw in the oven at 250 for 4-6 hours , basting the apple juice through out!! Its turns out unreal ... I prefer it over the moose/deer roast anyday!

Also if you dont like the smoked flavour , use same recipe but let the meat soak in some salt water for a bit first ( takes the stink/game out of it) .

BeerBaitnAmmo
03-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Corned bear roast, just like corned beef brisket....mmmmmmm

Chuck
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere quite a few years ago that they like porridge:)

kootenayelkslayer
03-21-2010, 01:23 AM
My favourite recipe is to marinate it for 2 days, sprinkle it with pepper and garlic powder...then give it away ;)

I'll stick to eating the herbivores thanks.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-21-2010, 08:36 AM
With other game meat we like the roasts on the rare side...so I usually grind up bear meat to use as burger in spag, lasagna, meat ball etc. Very neutral in flavour and versatile.

I have had smokies and pepperoni made up before and they were good.

Freezer's getting empty too fast this yr so a bear or two will help to tide us over until fall.

SSS

bigwhiteys
03-21-2010, 08:47 AM
My favourite recipe is to marinate it for 2 days, sprinkle it with pepper and garlic powder...then give it away :wink:

HaHa... There was a good recipe on huntshoot a few years ago that involved digging a hole, throw the bear in with a couple tires, light it up and go inside and have a peanut butter sandwich.

If I shoot a bear this year then it's going to be made into some sausage and then the rest will be ground up and boiled, mixed with some veggies and other good stuff and I'll make dog food with it.

I have lots of opportunity to kill bears but when it comes down to it I just don't want to do all the work! lol...

Carl