PDA

View Full Version : Dunster Trail

SR80
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Anyone here been up the Dunster trail to Toms cabin? If so how was it? How long? Any other info?

Jelvis
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Your going to get hot tung and cold shoulder anytime mentioning Dunster for some reason? lol if it's the one by Tete Jeaune Cash lol.. good luck..
Jel ask a BCRams about Dunster, lol McBride Mania ..

ape
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
According to my book it is 6.2 km to the cabin with an elevation gain of 1148m or 3770 ft.

SR80
03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Ape, which book is that? Is there any other info in there?

BCrams
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM

There's two books with the latest info in Hiking North Central BC

Its a great hike and some good scenery!!

Ubertuber
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
I was there about 17 years ago and it was mildly difficult. It's up up up, but not that bad.
Here' what I found online:

Dunster Trail
steep trail leading to lake/cabin

Statistics
Total Distance: 11.0 km (return) Estimated Time: 7 hours Average Grade: 21.5% Structure: Linear - Return Elevation Gain: 1184 m Start Elevation: 902 m Max Elevation: 2086 m

Details
steep mountain trail, starting from gravel pit till lake. Small cabin will accomadate 4 persons comfortably. Lots of hiking/ridge walking options are available.

Jelvis
03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Ubers cool butthead, yah beavis, knows the computer for sher ..
uber the tubers coool
jParsley

dino
03-16-2010, 10:07 PM
There's two books with the latest info in Hiking North Central BC

Its a great hike and some good scenery!!

And some excellent trophy deer hunting from what Jelvis is implying.

BCrams
03-17-2010, 01:59 AM
And some excellent trophy deer hunting from what Jelvis is implying.

You should take Jelvis's advice, he knows best doesn't he. A little tip - If it were all cracked up to be, don't you think I would be hunting for bucks there? :wink:

dino
03-17-2010, 01:29 PM
You should take Jelvis's advice, he knows best doesn't he. A little tip - If it were all cracked up to be, don't you think I would be hunting for bucks there? :wink:
Instead of that river you hike down to between vanderhoof and PG?:wink::wink: or is that your elk spot?

BCrams
03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Instead of that river you hike down to between vanderhoof and PG?:wink::wink: or is that your elk spot?

I have checked out both sides of the river and have a close to 400" shed (if it had a match) from the Mudd River. Shot my bull elk up by Fort St James. Hunted them down the Blackwater, Willow, Bowron, Salmon, McGregors and other areas and even 10 mins from my house. I've seen elk in all areas. Last fall I was up in the Peace :-D

You're more than welcome to come on up and hunt them. The 6 point bulls are tough to come by.

dino
03-18-2010, 05:34 AM
I have checked out both sides of the river and have a close to 400" shed (if it had a match) from the Mudd River. Shot my bull elk up by Fort St James. Hunted them down the Blackwater, Willow, Bowron, Salmon, McGregors and other areas and even 10 mins from my house. I've seen elk in all areas. Last fall I was up in the Peace :-D

You're more than welcome to come on up and hunt them. The 6 point bulls are tough to come by.

You take away all the fun I was trying to have with you. My attempt was weak and your answer was Perfect. btw I dont hunt elk anymore, I have shot 5 bulls by rifle and 1 cow with a bow. I do not find them as challenging as muleys although Im sure they are to some.
Sorry for the detour of the thread Jelly.

ape
03-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. It is in the Hiking NorthCentral BC book written by Rob Bryce. I found it at the local Save On Foods price is 25 bucks and it comes with an interactive CD.